“Very friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Very friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

From the lady at check-in to the lady that cleaned my room-everyone had a smile and was very pleasant. Very clean hotel, even the fitness area was clean and you know how they can sometimes be a little ripe and grimy at the end of the day but when I went it was immaculate. The bed was super comfortable and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had a lacrosse tournament in the area and the Hilton Garden Inn offered us a good group rate. The price was good, especially for a hotel with an indoor pool in February! This hotel seems a bit older than most Hilton Garden Inns I've stayed at, but it was clean and the staff was very friendly. I was not blown away by anything specific, but I would consider staying here again - especially if the room rate was this good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
MichelleGehman, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
We appreciate the opportunity to host your group! Thanks again for your kind words and we really hope to see you the next time you are in the area.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

When I stay at a Garden Inn I know I'll have a clean room with nice amenities, however, the staff at this hotel really were exceptional. Engaged, friendly and professional. The breakfast was a big step above the self serve buffet I'm used to at other hotels. My server remembered I took tea not coffee in the mornings. This became even more apparent when Nemo (the storm) headed my way and threatened to keep me from getting home. The staff never seemed concerned with anything but my comfort as my plans changed rapidly from staying to driving south so I could fly as planned, early in the morning. In my haste to go I left several items of clothing in the closet. They were retrieved and arrangements made to get them back to me.

Room Tip: I would try to get a room not facing the highway. While the noise didn't bother me it could both...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Walkersville, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

It was a great stay from the front desk check-in to the helpful housekeeping staff who promptly brought us extra towels. Thebreakfast was delicious and the service quick. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My family and I really enjoyed the Hilton Garden Inn in Lancaster PA. The staff was friendly and helpful and made our stay enjoyable. We had a problem at a nearby Hilton property - the pool was out of service. The manager at HGI Lancaster welcomed us and fortunately had the same rate package. I agree with Runamook who said the hotel could use a remodel. But, overall we had a great stay. Rooms were clean and comfortable and the pool and hot tub were spacious and clean. We are looking forward to our next visit to Lancaster and our stay at the HGI.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ocean View, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed overnite in January for a day trip through the Lancaster area. We have done this trip many times but the first at this hotel. Got a great rate through Hilton (off season) and the location is great. The hotel is starting to look dated and could definitely use a remodel but still very clean and obviously well run. Why Hilton does not include breakfast in their Garden Inn's remains a mystery.
We would stay there again but I think there are better choices in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were in Lancaster for a memorial service and rented three rooms for our family. We had a large corner room, but all three rooms were spacious and comfortable. It was quite except for a little road noise. But the road noise is a function of the convenient location, with easy access off and onto the main route through Lancaster (Rt. 30). Both downtown Lancaster and the outlets were close.

Breakfast was good, with lots of selections and eggs and waffles cooked to order. The staff was quite friendly and helpful, and the price was right. Our stay was pleasant and we would recommend the hotel

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster? Share your experiences!