“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Lancaster
New York City, New York
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Spent the Labor Day weekend in Lancaster. As a Platinum member I had a room on Floor 19 one of the Concierge level floors and was given coupons for the breakfast buffet because the lounge is closed on the weekend. Great view of the city and surrounding area. Room was your standard US Marriott room but they all include fridges which is handy. For exploring downtown Lancaster this is a great location you can walk to the Market across the street and many restaurants, shops and galleries within a few blocks. Parking is a bit steep at $18 dollars but if you are there on the weekend you can find street parking around the hotel for free, just be careful of the streets that don't allow overnight parking and don't leave any valuables laying out.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Good family hotel, staff were friendly with lots of advice on local restaurants etc. We self parked rather than valet, there's a walkway connecting the garage to the hotel so very accessible. Rooms reasonable size and those on the upper floors have great view.

A few minor things - we did have to change rooms, first room had very noisy ventilation system, I raised this with front desk, after talking to the maintenance guy they moved us to another room, it was slightly smaller but no notice even with the A/C on. We ate in the bar on one occasion, food was reasonable, portion size was large but not very many people so lacked a little atmosphere. As mentioned in earlier reviews in room Wifi was an additional cost however free Wifi in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Mandurah, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

I usually stay outside the city center as I come here on business, however as it was weekend I decided to stay downtown at this Marriott Hotel. This is a wonderful hotel, I was greeted with a welcoming smile and got a room at the top floor which has wonderful views over the city and country beyond. The rooms are of generous size and nicely decorated and fitted out. I was given access to the executive lounge which was a further bonus. I like the design of this hotel as the architecture was planned and build behind it's original old facade. Overall a great and wonderful experience with wonderful staff.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Hobbs, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Did not arrive at the Hotel until 11pm. Staff was very polite and worked very quickly to get us checked in and to our room. Very clean Hotel with very comfortable beds. The food in the restaurant was excellent. Only 1 block from the Fulton Theatre. Stayed 5 days and enjoyed every day.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I arrived at 2:00 am (it's now 2:30 am and I'm writing a negative review instead of resting bc I'm so upset) with 4 young children (including a 3 year old and an 18 month old) after an 8 hour drive to Cincinnati. I pulled up to the hotel to check in and was informed by the front desk employee that they could not valet park my car bc I had an SUV with a Thule storage box on top. He them unsympathetically informs me that it would not fit in the attached hotel garage and that I would have to park it at the king street garage down the street and walk back. I could not believe my ears as my husband was at home and I was traveling solo with the littles, so i only grabbed my keys and left bc my kids were exhausted and I wanted to get them to bed.

After walking while wearing a baby and pushing a stroller plus luggage back to the hotel in the middle of the night, I called the front desk to cancel my second night and the same uncaring and lazy employee answered the front desk and cancelled my second night without even asking the reason. I hung up on him and got right on my phone type this review. We are on our way back home to CT from a round trip road trip to indianapolis which included 7 nights stays in marriott properties in Pittsburg, Indianapolis, Cincinnati and now lancaster. This was the first time that I had this issue and such poor customer service. Other hotels had height restrictions and they would figure out where to park the car. When paying over 30 dollars for valet parking, I expect a certain level of customer service. I will be speaking with the front desk management in the AM, checking
out and taking my business elsewhere. I am a loyal marriott customer and we travel and stay at marriott properties for over 25 nights per year. I have never experienced such cold customer service and hope that our day exploring lancaster county is better than our experience here was. Stay away.

Stayed August 2014
Adam S, Manager at Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Thank you for staying with us as well as taking the time to provide us your feedback.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

As expected, this hotel is clean, comfortable, the staff is wonderfully friendly and accommodating, and the location is great if you're going to be at the convention center (which I was). Nice views of downtown, especially if you get a higher floor (triskaidekaphobics, take note: there is NO floor #13). They'll even validate your parking for you for a few extra days, which was really nice for me since I was only staying one night.

So, why only 4 stars? First, the internet access is an extra $13/day in the rooms. Seriously? Even McDonald's has free wifi, and for what one pays to stay at a Marriott, you'd think they'd toss that in gratis. Second, breakfast is extra. They have room service and nice restaurants in the building, and I was fed at my conference, but there isn't even a complimentary bottle of water in the room. Finally, the iron and ironing board were showing signs of age/disrepair...also, it smelled like someone dumped perfume in the iron's water chamber or something. I didn't feel right having either touching my clothes directly; I used a towel in between everything, which wasn't easy.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor if you want a great view of the city!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We usually stay at less expensive motels, so our experience here was enlightening. Our room was spacious and very clean. The hotel is in the heart of the city, but not noisy. Views are lovely of the historic downtown. The buffet breakfast was a nice amenity the desk clerk added for us (we stayed on a Sunday night so I think there weren't many guests that night. The town is walkable and there are interesting shops, galleries, and restaurants. The tourist office across the street offers an historic walking tour.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple