“nice, but short stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Mill Hall, Pennsylvania
“nice, but short stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were only in town for a short visit. They let us check in early so we got to walk across the street to the Central Market to get lunch then meet our friends in the afternoon. Saved money by taking the free parking at the garage around the corner and it was just a short walk back through the tunnel to the lobby. My friend with me had just had foot surgery and the staff at the door was very helpful when I pulled up to the door every time to pick up or drop her off.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Just spend the night with my 5yrs old grandson.
Love this hotel in the heart of the city. Rooms are well appointed and very clean.
The staff, helpful and very friendly. Room service was great and food was hot and very delicious.

My grandson was so excited to go to the pool. He had a great time, but didn't see the mildew around the edges of the pool or the pool liner that doesn't lay flat under your feet nor did he care about the temperature of the room. It was so hot and humid, very hard to stay in this pool room.
Its ashame because the pool area is beautiful with the plants and furniture, but couldn't wait to take a shower after being in this pool. With some work this could be a great pool room.

NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had a great experience staying at this hotel last week with my wife and two kids and would stay again in a heart beat! I wasn't thrilled with the $30 price tag for valet parking, but parking in the down town area is very limited. In the end, with kids in tote, it was worth every penny.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Marriott literally stands above all other buildings in Lancaster. The service is absolutely fantastic from moment we checked in. The elevators are the fastest I have seen in any Marriott. This is a plus when you want to visit the concierge lounge. We had dinner at the bar, However the full restaurant menu was available. Our bartender / waiter did a fantastic job going the extra mile to bring additional vegetables out be aide the vegetarian offering looked small in comparison to the steaks ordered by our party. They truly went the extra mile. The concierge service in the evening was superb. In the morning, it was standard fare Marriott breakfast. We opted to have breakfast in the lobby restaurant and were not disappointed. For history buffs there is the office building of Thaddeus Stevens located within the protective cover of the Marriott convention center. Personally I think the hotel should let all guests watch Lincoln free of charge. I would highly recommend this hotel to business travelers and families alike.

• Stayed April 2013
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Marriott at Penn Square is located in the heart of Lancaster, steps from the Lancaster Central Market and within walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. Its fantastic location, though, is trumped by the hotel itself - it's so stylish and comfortable you may decide never to leave. The onsite restaurant/bar is outstanding, the pool and Jacuzzi are delightful, and the fitness room is perfect. Even the in-room wifi, long a bone of contention for a weary traveler who loves his streaming content, is speedy and strong.

The hotel is connected to the Lancaster Convention Center, the new home of Zenkaikon, a Japanese animation and culture convention annually held in the early spring, with an attendance of about 4,000. I only mention this in the context of the fantastic customer service provided at this hotel. The staff went out of their way to make every person walking through the lobby feel welcome and valued, whether they be hotel guest or convention attendee. The staff handled our noisome, chaotic event with such finesse and grace, I can only imagine they can do for you when you have their full attention. We plan on visiting again soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
South Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Me, my wife, and my 1 year old son stayed at the Mariott in Lancaster PA, after being told by my wife that we cannot stay in an Amish barn house for the night. I've been going to Lancaster my entire life, and I never expected to stay someplace in Lancaster without experiencing all the great smells that come along with it. Like manure for example. Most would say they do not like the smell, I would agree, but I love where I am when I smell it. This hotel was nice and very clean, with very helpful employees. Our only disappointment was the breakfast the next morning. I guess not many places offer a free continental breakfast anymore. They did get my smoked salmon order wrong, and it also took about 30 minutes to get 2 meals. Because we were only in Lancaster for 2 days, this was extra time my wife could have been spending money at the outlets. The meal was very good though. Overall, we were very pleased with the stay, we had a big room and it was very clean. Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We asked for a King size bed and we were given a corner room with no one next to us, with views on 2...
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed one night using a Marriott free room coupon and enjoyed the stay. The location is excellent, park your car and you can walk to shops, restaurants, markets and more. The hotel is very nice, great lobby and service is top notch. The room is clean, updated and generous size. Like another post mentioned, our temp is our room was very wam, too warm. I adjusted the thermostat down to 61 and it still stayed at 71 all day and night, made sleeping a bit too warm. We had breakfast included as Gold members and it was hearty and healthy and free! Lobby is very comfortable, grab a newspaper and a cup of coffee and chill. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: don't stay in room 1918, too warm.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square? Share your experiences!