Stayed here the weekend of the 23rd and 24th of January. It was a very pleasurable experience. When we pulled up, immediately greeted by bellman and asked about the self-park option. Arrived to a beautiful lobby, where Marian greeted me. Because we were platinum members she offered a nice corner room, and complimentary parking and buffet breakfast - I was quite impressed with her level of customer service and the front desk staff were very friendly. After getting the room key, the valet person said he was headed to self-park and to please follow him. The self park is around the corner but easy to access the Marriott after you get parked through the walkway. The room itself was very nice. However, I did notice the beds didn't look made very well and there was a big "visible" rip in one of the sheets. Not a big deal, but beds could have looked a little more presentable. The room service was great. We had two kids with us, and they offered a great kids meal option that included a drink and 2 sides, pretty good value for room service. Also, the pretzel bread was amazing and so was the sweet potato soup - best sweet potato soup I've had (loved it). We took the kids to the pool and while the pool area was beautiful we did think the water was very cold. Having stayed at a lot of Marriotts and having just visited the JW Marriott pool in Atlanta, the water tempature there was much much better. Both places had indoor pools - but this one was pretty cold for the kids - they didn't seem to mind though and still had fun. The pool are was very clean, nice large indoor pool, and well maintained. The hot tub worked and was at a great temperature! Had a restful night and went to buffet breakfast in the morning. Our waitress for the buffet was wonderful - her name escapes me - but she was fairly new and did a great job. To me "attitude is everything" and she had a great attitude. All of the wait staff were very pleasant at the restuarant. I did notice the person managing the waffle and omelet station struggling a little with the line waiting - but she was still very nice and cordial and made a great omelet! I was impressed that the buffet included our drink and fresh squeezed orange juice - it was a nice variety of food. Check out was at noon on that Sunday which I also thought was nice - could have a leisurely breakfast and not feel rushed. Overall a great stay - only thing I would change is to get more heat to the pool, and make the beds a little more tidy. But, the staff was extremely friendly and everyone was helpful and nice! Would recommend staying here again for the future!
- Also Known As:
- Lancaster Marriott At Penn Square Hotel Lancaster
- Lancaster Marriott At Penn Square Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of historic downtown Lancaster, the integrated Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square and Lancaster County Convention Center offers approachable grandeur and all the amenities discerning visitors expect. An exquisite combination of old and new architectural elements includes a 19th-Century Beaux Arts façade and breathtaking lobby with a city-block view down a magnificent interior street. All 299 luxurious guestrooms offer fantastic views, 37-inch LCD flat screen TVs, granite countertops, and deluxe pillow-top bedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.