I've stayed at this hotel approx. four times since 2009: three times on a weekend getaway and once for a week on business. I've never been disappointed. This is a full service hotel that is connected to a convention center located in downtown Lancaster.
While on business, I ate at the hotel restaurant for breakfast which is pretty good, but very pricey for the buffet which served the typical eggs, sausage, create your own omelet, Belgian waffles, etc that is typical of the Marriott brand. They also have limited menu items for a price which is also available for room service. Since it came with the hotel package, while on business, I was able to thoroughly enjoy and not have to pay for it. But when traveling for leisure, I've chosen to hop in the car and go to the Cracker Barrel and get my money's worth! There are lots of options in and around the Lancaster area for breakfast so unless you're limited by time or transportation, I would skip the hotel's breakfast.
The rooms, which I've had the double and king sizes, are great. They were clean, are a nice size and have beautiful views of Lancaster from the upper floors. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are a decent size. The room also had a refrigerator and coffee/tea station. On one of my visits when traveling with my mother, her room was not cleaned when we returned to the room one night and she complained. Someone came and cleaned the room and the front desk sent up ice cream with the trimmings for us to share.
The kids love the indoor pool which is on the small side. Pool towels are provided and there is no lifeguard on duty. There is also a hot tub. The spa, locker room and fitness center are also on the same level. I've utilized the spa to get a facial which was convenient given that it is located in the hotel. The staff was friendly and was able schedule myself and a friend on short notice. The prices were average.
The hotel is located in what would be considered downtown Lancaster. The visitor's center is directly across the street and the farmer's market (with hours that are hard to keep up with) had plenty to check out. The hotel is about a 15-20 min drive to the outlets, additional restaurants, Dutch Wonderland and Amish attractions.
Overall, this is my favorite weekend getaway hotel. The staff and facilities are top-notch and it's an ideal choice for the business traveler, couples and families.
- Also Known As:
- Lancaster Marriott At Penn Square Hotel
- Lancaster Marriott At Penn Square Hotel Lancaster
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of historic downtown Lancaster, the integrated Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square and Lancaster County Convention Center offers approachable grandeur and all the amenities discerning visitors expect. An exquisite combination of old and new architectural elements includes a 19th-Century Beaux Arts façade and breathtaking lobby with a city-block view down a magnificent interior street. All 299 luxurious guestrooms offer fantastic views, 37-inch LCD flat screen TVs, granite countertops, and deluxe pillow-top bedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.