“website looked more promising......” 3 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Lancaster
Certificate of Excellence 2014
NY
“website looked more promising......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

Spent a three day weekend here with hubby and baby-The website seemed more promising- maybe the other suites are better though; we stayed in the one room with king size bed. Not too much room in the drawers (very tiny), the curtains had stains and the ironing board cover was dirty. This hotel is non smoking but we found 2 small cigarette burns on the coverlet. I seem to find this problem with certain hotel chains. I think the next time we will stick to staying in one of the inns when we travel to Pennsylvania.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
Rockledge, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

We recenlty stayed at the Eden Resort & Suites for my Uncle's 50th birthday party (which was held in the hotel). We traveled from Philly, so we got into Lancaster pretty early, around 11:30. We stopped at the hotel on the off chance that they would let us check in. The woman at the front desk was so friendly and accomidating and let us check in right away. There were four of us and we had a Queen Suite. The room was very nice and modern, clean and spacious. This hotel has a lot to offer. Unfortunately we didn't get to utilize the pool, but we will be returning again. My Uncle's birthday party was in one of the ballrooms at the hotel and was very nice. We have a pretty large family (my dad is one of 14) so after the party we all wanted to go have a drink at the bar to spend more time together. There was a wedding reception at the hotel that night and took up most of the bar. At first we thought we were going to have to call it a night, but it actually worked out for us because the bartender informed us we could take our drinks right out into the lobby. It was perfect, couches, chairs, and a beautiful fireplace. We wound up staying up much later than anticipated because we were so comfortable. Great hotel, great staff, great service. I also realized after we were there, it is a pet friendly hotel. We will be returning with my pooch in tow!

Fort Wayne, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

I rarely take the time to write these reviews, but occassionally someplace goes ABOVE & BEYOND! This hotel turned an utterly hopeless day into sunshine. After a VERY LONG drive in a blizzard, I arrived at the hotel only to get stuck in the 1"+ snow in the parking lot. Exasperated the front desk clerk offered a maintenance person to come out to help. He completely dug out a parking spot and my car with a smile in the blistery cold. Brice was the most helpful-cheerful young man under the circumstances. Arriving without dinner and very behind schedule, I thought I was going to bed without supper. But once again, peeking my head into a restraurant in the hotel on the verge of closing; I was surprised with willing, friendly people ready to feed me despite their treacherous drives home. With an early morning meeting, I was scared of being stuck, but no, Brice was again out front ready to again dig me out! WOW, now that is service and I travel 70% of my work life and I have never had such a welcoming, accomodating staff under such circumstances!!! Kudos, and that will be the only place I stay in Lancaster in the future!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Hegins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

My daughter's wedding and reception were held in the Courtyard on Saturday, January 22, 2011. We could not have been more pleased. The entire event totally exceeded all my expectations! The staff assisting in the planning of the event, the staff who took care of making reservations for our guests, the staff who prepared the meal, the staff who helped in cleaning up after the reception, were very professional and always willing to do more. Mike Vargo and Cindy (not certain of her last name) went out of their way to assist us. Mike gave us so many helpful suggestions that we never would have thought of on our own. Our guests raved about the beauty of the venue as well as the excellent food served at the reception and the great service. More than one person stated that my daughter's wedding was like a fairytale! Thank-you, Eden employees, for all that you did! Vicki Snyder

Spring Glen, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

Staff was the best - we were there for a family wedding. Staff very friendly and helpful - Highly recommend this choice for a get-away. Management should be proud
of this group and their hotel. Mike Vargo was exxremely helpful and easy to work with.
Thanks to the Eden for a great weekend - we're coming back in March!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

My wife, my teenage son and I just got back from a weekend at the Best Western Premier Eden Resort in Lancaster, PA. We needed a weekend getaway from the dreary cold winter and the Resort definitely was a perk-me-up. We enjoyed a wonderful prime-rib buffet and a great breakfast at Arthur's Terrace restaurant. Our waiter, Chuck, could not have been better at the buffet. He made great recommendations and was spot-on with drinks and coffee. The indoor pool and spa was just what we needed, but be careful with the slippery ceramic tiles around the pool. We saw two kids slip and fall in the matter of one hour.

As far as the room, that's a different story. We reserved a poolside room that had a door to the hallway and a door to the pool area.. The first room we tried had dry urine on the commode and pistachio shells on the floor. The next room we tried had a leak in the tub and the safe didn't work. The third room we tried was strike three. The room appeared clean, but we did not realize that the door to the pool area could not be unlocked with the card key. We called maintenance but after killing over an hour trying to settle on a room, we needed to leave and maintenance never fixed the locking mechanism.

We decided to just leave the door ajar when we were in the pool area and lock our valuables in the safe. The shock came at bedtime when my son pulled down the top comforter and noticed dried blood stains on the down comforter underneath. We called the front desk and the young man said, "alright I'll send someone to your room with a clean one." He did not apologize but I must say he sounded young.

We ended up speaking to the hotel manager the next morning on check-out and she did comp the room and was very apologetic. I cannot say if our experience is typical and we would definitely give them another chance. The owner of this Best Western should review the housekeeping training so this doesn't happen to other guests.

Valley View, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

One of the nicest hotels to stay at for a special event.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Eden Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!