“Years ago I gave this place a bad review, but it has definitely improved!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PREMIER Eden Resort & Suites

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
“Years ago I gave this place a bad review, but it has definitely improved!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Thought we would give the hotel another try, due to the great reviews. We had a great rate that included breakfast. Wow, what a difference a few years makes: the hotel is clean, accommodating, the pool isn't so full of chlorine that it makes breathing difficult, the front desk was awesome, our request for extra towels was met and exceeded, the room is great, there are signs in the hall asking folks to be respectfully quiet after 10 pm, Garfield's takeout was great, and the entire atmosphere is pleasant.

Room Tip: Look for special packages online. Pretty expensive otherwise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
Jersey City, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

At first glance the eden resort is a great looking place. You might think from the Internet pictures, that it is quiet and and peaceful. That is not the case. Our first room which was a studio king villa. The room was very nice and we liked it. But there was some sort of construction going on and we were not going to spend 4 days with all that noise. So we requested a room change. The staff was helpful and immediately moved us to a room inside the main building to a king suite.

Once again it was a beautiful room, nice upgrade. But little did we know that we were given room 235 which is right across from the housekeepers supply room and the maintenance room. Eden Resort should be embarrassed to have a guest room at that spot. All Day and all night, the workers gather here from very early in the morning till late evening and talk, scream, laugh, bang there carts against the walls all sort of annoying noise, with no regard for the guest who are trying to relax in the rooms, that are not cheap!!!

Where is the hotel etiquette? As I type this review there are workers screaming in the hallway outside my room door!!! Crazy!!! This definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. I expected much more. It feels more like a dorm than a supposedly business class hotel. Where is the staff training. Why would you have your maintenance rooms and employee lounges right across from guest rooms? The employees slam the doors all day and all throughout the night! It's Asinine!!!!

I really expected a lot more from this place. My chances of coming back or recommending this place to friends is less than 5%, unless they upgrade their service quality. One employee said they made here work three consecutive days with no break at all. She looked like death! The highway noise is what it is. I like my resorts to be a little more isolated. Not behind a gas station, and freeway.

And don't be deceived by the spa discounts. They are minimal at best!. Nice looking property, but the little annoyances add up big time!!! And the prices where largely inconsistent. Their indoor pool area is very nice and clean, and more relaxing than the room itself, my wife spent most her time there and in the sauna. The hotel also blocks out the use of any external device in the rooms, such as DVD player, Apple TV or play station or Xbox, yet their wifi service it spotty at best. we had wifi in the living room but none in the bedroom! Buyer beware.

I'm not trying to kill the overall experience we had there, because it was nice, but we expected more for our money and don't think we're asking too much!!!

Room Tip: Not bad but not great either, be prepared to settle!!!!! Shopping outlets are just ten minutes away...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
mclossey, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Eden Resort & Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments and personal observations in your recent Trip Advisor posting. I will send you a personal email through Trip Advisor, and I look forward to speaking with you directly. Your opinion is very important to us. I apologize for any inconvenience you encountered.

Thank you, most of all, for choosing the Best Western Premier Eden Resort and Suites and for being our guest. I look forward to following up with you.

Safe Travels,

Mark Clossey
Best Western Premier Eden Resort & Suites
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel was recommended to us by many people and since we had to go Lancaster to take care of some business we thought it would be the perfect time for us to try it out. The good: the hotel and its property is nice, very nice. The pool area is wonderful, the rooms large and very clean. The fact that I could bring my dog (for an added fee) was a huge plus. And can I say that the staff was also wonderful upon check-in and even gave my dog a goodie bag (bowl, treats, flashing light for her leash and clean-up bags) which I thought were an awesome touch. Now the bad (not horrible, just bad): there was a convention of teens staying there and they kept us up until at least 3 am both nights we stayed. I don't know why they booked teens in a dog-friendly part of the hotel because every time they would walk by someone's dog would start barking. The doors are so thin that the noise level was as if they were all in the room with us. It was not a pleasant experience. I would have called the front desk but at 1,2 or 3am I just couldn't be bothered so we dealt with it but I wish it didn't happen in the first place. My other complaint is the restaurants: we thought the food was terrible and high priced for what the selection was. Especially the Friday Night Buffet. It was not good at all. Breakfast was just OK, nothing to rave about. I don't expect much from breakfast but I do expect it to be hot and not all the food was. No, I didn't complain, someone in front of me did. So overall, yes I would stay there again but no, I would not eat there. I would travel down the road to Miller's or to The Cracker Barrel for breakfast. If I had one more complaint, it would be where it's located: it's right off the highway. That's great if you are traveling and this is one of your stops but if you want a "true Amish/ Lancaster" feel, you are removed from all that and you have to travel down Route 30 which can get very busy. The hotel is not close to any outlets or attractions.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Poona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The Eden resort is a good place to stay if you have transport. Its about 4 miles from the centre of town.
The lady at the Reception/Check in desk was cheerful and helpful. My room was in the West Wing on the ground floor. I could see the Highway but not hear anything !
The amenities included tea/coffee and a microwave. There was no regular tea in my room but that was rectified very quickly and pleasantly even though it was past 9 30 pm.
Garfield's the less formal restaurant in the hotel serves up some really good food and at a reasonable price. There is a convenience store almost on the property, at a gas station.
A decent sized mall is across the highway but in walking distance if you can risk crossing !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
mclossey, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Eden Resort & Suites, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments and personal observations regarding your recent visit. I was able to speak to our housekeeping team about stocking tea, and the importance of our standards, and assuring every detail. I was happy to read we brought it to you expeditiously, right away after you called, and the delivery person was cheerful.

Thank you most of all for choosing the Eden Resort and being our guest.

Have a happy and blessed Easter.

Mark Clossey, GM
philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

When I saw the great reviews for this Best Western in Lancaster, I was skeptical. We prefer to stay in B&B's but couldn't resist the rates and the lure of the Sunday Brunch. What a pleasant surprise. The hotel is well maintained and downright luxurious for the money. We got a special Winter rate of $89 for a king room. The room was fairly standard, but had a great tv and pool! There could be some improvement in the bed quality, but we would stay there again without hesitation. The parking lot was jammed when we got there, but this was for the brunch, which, bye the way, was delicious. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
mclossey, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Eden Resort & Suites, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your excellent comments. I was very happy to read you enjoyed your stay, it truly is our pleasure to exceed your expectations.

If their is ever anything we can do to assist your stay please dial -0- for Guest Servies.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Mark Clossey, GM
Somerset, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stay here over night for the AQS show in March. The room was clean . They do not offer breakfast with the price of the room. We were very comfortable for one night. Yes, we stay here again. It was nice in close to the town to get to the quilt show.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
mclossey, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Eden Resort & Suites, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments and personal observations posted March 14, 2013, regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Premier Eden Resort and Suites. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay! We offer complimentary transportation to and from the Quilt Show for your planning next year. Lancaster County is an area steeped in heritage and quilting traditions. I hope you had time to explore Pennsylvania Dutch Country.

We look forward to having you stay with us again next year during the AQS Show.

Best wishes and safe travels.

Mark Clossey,GM
North East, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We recently had a Wine Conference and Expo at the Lancaster Convention center.
They were booked so we had to make other arrangements.
We were lucky enough to book rooms at the Eden Resort & Suites.
The minute we walked in we were greeted by the friendly staff.
The women at the front desk were very helpful.
They told us of things in the area we might like to see and helped us with directions.
We ate dinner in the Lounge that night after a long day of traveling. Again the staff was friendly and very professional and the food was very good and reasonably priced.. In the Morning we started our day off with a Great Breakfast at the other restaurant in the Hotel. They have a great Breakfast Buffet. The Hotel offered a free shuttle to the Convention Center. Which we loved not having to drive. We will be back next year !!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and personal observations regarding your recent stay at the Eden Resort. We are delighted you enjoyed your experience with us! I was delighted to read our complimentary shuttle to and from your Wine Conference and Expo made it more convenient for you and your guest not having to drive.

We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Best wishes and safe travels.

Mark Clossey,GM

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Eden Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!