“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Lancaster
Grand Island, New York
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

we spent the weekend in this hotel. The room was great and well taken care of.The staff were more them willing to help us. The breakfast they severed was of high standard. If you stay during the week they also serve a dinner. But we did not have a chance to try that out. The only bad thing that we came across was the shower head would not work in full spray. Had to use the massage setting to take a shower.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Mechanicsville, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014 via mobile

My family stayed at this hotel for 7 nights. We thought all of the employees were very nice and have no complaints in that aspect of the hotel. My complaints are with the cleanliness. We went to our room on the second floor and were disgusted by the stains all over the hall carpet. I immediately wondered about the dirt that we couldn't see. Our room was in need of new furniture and paint. There were lots of stains on the walls and doors that had been touched up with paint that didn't match. The furniture was all chipped and the pull out sofa was horrible. You could feel every spring. The remote controls for the TVs did not work properly. The shower drained slow and the toilet didn't flush well. I found food crumbs around the head of the bed when I plugged in the lamp on the bedside table. I have no idea why it was unplugged. We could hear everything going on in the room next door including a crying baby at night. The walls were paper thin. Some of the towels were stained. On a positive note, the kitchen staff was very nice and did a good job with breakfast and dinner. My husband liked the free beer with dinner. My main concern with this hotel is cleanliness.

Stayed August 2014
ManagerLNSHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lancaster, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
We are very sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with us. We will be reviewing the problems you had together as a staff to see how we could have handled them better. I will be contacting you today to discuss the issues in greater detail. Thank you for sharing your concerns with us, and we hope that we can do what is necessary to have you stay with us again.
Las Vegas, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

I was the last one in our party to check in and I got the last suite. The room was a little under $140 before taxes.

Over the years I've grown to hate handicapped rooms. To make ADA compliant the bathrooms usually occupy half the space so there is enough room for wheelchair access. Since Room 301 is a suite there is a door between the combined living room and kitchen and the bedroom and bath. This may be how they get away with not having a huge area around the toilet. However the toilet and shower part of the room have a 36" door (ADA) and if it is not closed it gets in the way of direct access to the toilet. So if you are traveling alone you are going to have to wait for a commercial during that favorite TV show because you pretty much have to close the bathroom door to use the toilet.

The couch in the living room is a hide-a-bed and is uncomfortable. No corkscrew or bottle opener in the kitchen. Otherwise the room, linens, dual TVs, wired and WiFi internet, shampoo, conditioner, lotion were excellent. Absolute silent except one door slam across the hall.

Breakfast and dinner are included. Breakfast was very good but the potatoes both mornings were more steamed than fried. Excellent fruit selection with bananas, apples, and cut melons. Scrambled eggs were the dry kind you might find in a cheap Vegas buffet. Other hot foods included good coffee, tea, waffles, sausage, and a sweet roll. Cold foods included yogurt, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, cereals, numerous juices, milk. Anybody would find something to eat with the huge selection.

Dinner included light beer (Coors and Bud), a red and a white wine. I didn't try the wine because I couldn't risk a cheap wine hangover during a business trip, but I saw a few glasses of the white dumped out but everybody seemed to like the red. Both nights there was a good simple salad with lettuce and a dozen or so toppings. Main courses were almost certainly factory made frozen but very good given that origin. One night was stroganoff and the other night was something akin to pulled pork but rather than barbeque it was lightly seasoned. It wasn't an elegant meal but I enjoyed saving a few dollars given I just got back from an expensive trip to Europe.

This was my first visit to this class of Hilton properties and I will visit again.

Room Tip: First floor is pet friendly and I heard some barking while walking by. If you are on the third floo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
old bethpage, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Brought my family and the hotel was very clean, and comfortable. Would absolutely go back!! The staff was helpful and really nice. There were 6 of us and the suit accommodated us nicely. It was located about 30 minutes from Hershey Park, and right in Lancster. There is food all around the area.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on a recent trip to Lancaster and I recommend it to anyone staying in the area. The staff is helpful and the fresh breakfast and dinner are excellent. You will find this hotel to offer you a homelike experience as you retreat into your own place. The central facilities are welcoming and the pool and exercise areas are clean and well maintained. Just remember to bring towels to the pool and exercise room as they frequently run out and are not replenished due to lack of guest service attendance in the areas. Haben Sie eine große Reise.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with our young family. If you plan ahead you can request a room closer to the elevators to get in and out faster for this hotel is long. The sofabed was used during our stay and it was not comfortable for an adult to sleep in but fine for young children. The hotel is easy access to downtown Lancaster and the tourist destinations like Dutch Wonderland and the Amish stores. There are lots of things to do in Lancaster, at least during the summer.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We stayed two nights, to visit the area, and to go to Hershey Park. The hotel is located within a 1/4 mile of the highway exit, and is very easy to get to. The room was clean, large, and very nicely appointed. I enjoyed the free bag of popcorn, and the handy assortment of cooking utensils. I was also impressed with the tasty breakfast. There were lots of options, and there was something for just about everyone. The bed was comfortable, as was the fold out couch. Overall, a very good experience.

Room Tip: The top floor of the building was extremely quiet!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Lancaster? Share your experiences!