“Very Hospitable Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Lancaster
United States
“Very Hospitable Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The staff were knowledgeable; hospitable and provided excellent service. The area is quiet and located within a few miles from several area eating and shopping establishments, including a major chain grocery store. Would definitely stay again or refer to a friend.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Franklin, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Although the hotel was very clean you could tell it was fairly old. Minor issue in bathroom such as missing tile piece and off set sink. Some noise in the morning from adjacent room. Comp breakfast was OK- not great. I've stayed in other Homewood Suites that were much nicer.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Princeton, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

1- I had reserved two rooms for my son & I. The property permits smoking, so one of the rooms was reserved for my son(which was confirmed). When we arrived the desk-clerk initially said we had no reservation for smoking.When I presented my printed copy she said all of the rooms were taken. When I pressed the question she admitted that "regular smoking guests" were arriving later & the General Manager made the decision not to honor our Confirmed reservation........Even though I'm Hilton Honors SIlver.
2-Breakfast the following morning was a disaster. No coffee was available. Other than cottage cheese all was CARB HEAVEN" . I left to find food & coffee elsewhere.
3- Upon check-out the clerk asked me if I had received a copy of my bill under my door. When I said no she said" because I had two rooms they don't deliver them.
It's a pity that I have to issue a beware notice, as the facility itself is quite nice. Unfortunately the staff are "BUSH- LEAGUERS!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Christina C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lancaster, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We regret that our hotel failed to meet your expectations. It is our goal to make sure that each guest leaves satisfied and excited to return. Your comments have been passed on to the appropriate departments for review. We always appreciate appropriate feedback regarding areas where we can improve, and will continue to make the changes necessary to make sure that our valued guests always leave happy .
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We just had the opportunity to spend a night at this beautiful hotel. From making the reservation to checking out smooth sailing. The swimming pool temperature was perfect, like getting in the bath. The hotel actually served a lovely dinner the night we were there of Salmon and mixed vegetables. I wish I could remember the name of the young woman who checked us in she was so welcoming. My sister missed breakfast in the morning and the woman on duty who was cleaning up took care of her. Thank you everyone we will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We loved having you as our guest and we love that you had the chance to experience our included delicious dinner and breakfast! Please come back and see us again!
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife, daughter, and I came to Lancaster first time. Our daughter took a test in prometric testing center .There was very cozy place for rest before test in Homewood Suites.We had a good time in there: friendly, quiet atmosphere; clean and warm suite and inside pool; internet, TV. I would recommend this hotel to everybody.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Welcome to Lancaster! We are so excited that you chose to stay with us for your family's first visit! Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! We specialize in providing our valued guests with a cozy "home like" atmosphere and are so happy that your daughter was able to rest and relax before her test. Please make plans to come back and stay with us again soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife and I were moving and needed a place to stay for three nights between the time our furniture was loaded and we actually settled on the house. This was an ideal location for us since it was not far from our house. Our suite was very nice and in good condition. Room was very quiet. As with all Homewood Suites, we had a small kitchen that really enhanced our stay. Staff was very nice and accommodating. Breakfast was typical of a Homewood Suites. Quality was good but like any Homewood Suites, each breakfast featured one specialty item along with the usual buffet offerings. As some other reviews indicate, there isn’t a lot to do right at the hotel location but there is easy access to the main highways. Having lived in Lancaster for 20 years, we knew our way around. One word of caution: the property still permits smoking. If you are a non-smoker, be sure to request a room that is located away from the smoking rooms. Since we will be returning to Lancaster for various family gatherings, we have already reserved rooms at the Homewood Suites. I can recommend this property based on our own requirements. Be sure to double-check this hotel’s location relative to the activities you plan to pursue.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jamestown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were very happy with the accomodations and the complimentary meals twice a day were great for our family of 7. It was clean and neat and the staff was very friendly and accomodating. It was also very easy to get to and from while we visited the area. Best yet the pool was warm and the kids had alot of fun

Room Tip: book early it seemed to be a popular hotel