“Nice breakfast but atrocious Wi-Fi” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
New York City
“Nice breakfast but atrocious Wi-Fi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Took my in-laws to Pennsylvania to visit Gettysburg and Amish Country. Fairfield Inn is our go-to accommodation.

This location had some pluses,
-Being VERY convenient to anywhere you would want to go in Lancaster County
-A terrific Breakfast spread (excepting the toaster)

And some minuses
-the single elevator was awfully slow and small for a hotel of this size
-the Wi-Fi (which was admittedly free) was unusable due to it's slowness. We thought it might have been the college girls volleyball team staying at the hotel that sapped the signal, but in the middle of the night it still did not function.

Room Tip: I understand the lower rooms might have better success accessing the Wi-Fi.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

My niece lives close, so I am frequently in Lancaster and this is a great hotel - typical Residence Inn....clean and great $ value. I have stayed in several hotels in Lancaster over the last ten years, but I must admit this is the one I keep coming back to.

• Stayed April 2013
Wilton, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I recently stayed one night during a short trip to the area. I arrived late (after mid-night) and the check-in was quick and easy. The night manager was nice and informative about amenities and morning breakfast. The room was nicely updated and clean. The AM breakfast had a nice selection and someone was cleaning and replenishing the assortment of choices. I even requested a late check-out (3pm) and they were happy to provide. Overall, I was happy with the service and location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
FairfieldLancaster, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lancaster, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for being a recent guest of the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, Lancaster, and for taking time out of your busy day to let us know about your stay with us! We sincerely appreciate your comments and will share them with our owners and staff.
We look forward to your staying with us, again!
Susan Whittaker
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

pleasant and quick check in with typical fairfield room. I m not a fan of the bright colors and no closet for iron etc.I had a ling room and the room was clean. This hotel is new and well maintained. There are many restaurants nearby

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Frederick, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I take our grandson up to Lancaster every December to visit Dutch Wonderland and to ride the Santa Train. Usually we stay at a different Marriott branded hotel, but this was the only one with availability on the weekend we could travel. The hotel is not in the best location if you are interested in outlet shopping or Amish activities; it's a bit of a drive to the main area of Lancaster. When we walked into the hotel, we noticed signs on many of the walls asking people to please observe the quiet time from 9 pm to 8 am and to be quiet in the hallways at all times (see photo). That's when I knew that we had probably chosen the wrong hotel and as it turns out, I was right.

The hotel was filled with mobs of middle school and high school aged kids, who were running wild in the halls unsupervised. One kid was riding the elevator up and down all morning, pressing all of the buttons so we had to stop on every floor. I spoke with a man trapped on the slow elevator with me who told me that he was in the middle of an extended stay at the hotel due to work and the hotel was always filled with kids, mainly traveling sports teams, but also other school groups.

The room itself was okay, but the constant door slamming, noise from the hallways, tvs blasting, kids playing on the elevators and mobbed breakfast area are enough to keep me from ever staying here again. I suggest that you do the same.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Paramus, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My partner and I have stayed at this hotel many times before. It has been over one year since our last stay and we were very pleasantly surprised to see that the hotel has completely updated the decor.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We arrive after driving through PA when they were getting 4-5 inches of snow fall and the parking lot was not plowed and there was no effort to salt/sand parking lot for safe walking. Hotel greeting was okay, the front desk doesn't go out of their way to welcome you to Lancaster or ask if you've visited here before. Hotel only has 1 elevator so there's usually a wait. Rooms were clean and adjoining with comfortable beds so it met our requirements for a family of 6 staying one night. The bathroom lights are controlled outside the bathroom which made my kids afraid someone may turn them out while they were inside. Breakfast was okay but we've had a better selection at other Fairfield Marriotts Overall the rooms were clean and comfortable and we would come back again if visiting Lancaster.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lancaster? Share your experiences!