My wife and I stayed at this Fairfield Inn this past weekend. There was some confusion over our reservations (we were on two 1-night reservations from using points and using a free night certificate) and when house cleaning came through the room Saturday - EVERYTHING of OURS was moved and re-arranged: all of our toiletries were pushed to a side of the counter, my iPhone charger was unplugged and wrapped up, our hanging clothes were pushed to the side of the rack and even snacks of ours were tied up in their bags. Even had a 1/2 of a breakfast danish discarded.
Most importantly, when we left Saturday morning - I had a pocket knife laying on the bathroom counter (I needed to clean it because I cut a breakfast danish with it and just didn't get to it before we left). When we got back to our room Saturday evening, our key cards didn't work and my knife was gone (as well as EVERYTHING of OURS being moved around).
We spoke to the front desk Saturday evening and they checked the house-cleaning cart without any sign of it.
On Sunday morning, when we went to check-out, we inquired again and also talked to them about the confusion over our room and the 2 reservations. The woman at the front desk was rude to us, blaming us for the confusion.
As for the knife, they again checked lost and found and called down the manager for the house cleaning crew (who was also the "Manager on Duty"). She told us that she would talk to the housecleaner who took care of our room. When she tried to talk to her, she said that there was a language barrier and would need to call the temp agency to bring in a translator and I should hear something on Monday.
Today is Thursday and I finally called back in and spoke with the Manager on Duty. He checked the cart, the lost and found and spoke with the house cleaner (guess he didn't need a translator). Long story short: they're not responsible for items left in the room. The end.
I guess I'm a liar and am trying to get a free $20 knife out of them.
Oh, the room itself was fine. The main entry to the hotel is a little dingy. No issues with anything else.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Lancaster Hotel Lancaster
- Fairfield Inn Lancaster Hotel
- Fairfield Inn Lancaster
- Fairfield Lancaster
- Lancaster Fairfield Inn
- Lancaster Fairfield
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfield Inn by Marriott, Lancaster is busy making arrangements to offer you the best vacation packages possible for your Spring and Summer trip to Pennsylvania Dutch & Amish Country. HERSHEY PARK, DUTCH WONDERLAND, PENNSYLVANIA RENAISSANCE FAIRE, LANDIS VALLEY MUSEUM, the STRASBURG RAILROAD, the EMERALD SPRINGS SPA and the LANCASTER BARNSTORMERS will be some of our partners creating a most enjoyable and value added experience for you and your family. Also, Shop’til you drop at one of our many outlets and antique shops or hand-craft stores such as KITCHEN KETTLE for gifts that represent our area craftsmen. Lancaster City’s artist community is making an impact on visitors with their "FIRST FRIDAY" event each month. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Lancaster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.