“A Fairfield Inn Should Be Better” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Cleveland, Ohio
“A Fairfield Inn Should Be Better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

First of all, I'll share that this hotel is scheduled to be renovated in November 2011, according to the staff. I would say they waited one year too long to do this renovation.

The general condition is headed toward the shabby side and it feels like it has affected everything else. The room had a 25" tube television and the carpet was kind of sad. The internet had continual problems throughout our three day stay. The one computer in the lobby was in the middle of everything, giving absolutely no privacy. It also didn't work at all one of the days I was there. The room was pretty clean but right on the edge of not being good enough. I admit that my cleanliness evaluation might have been tainted by the general shabbiness of the hotel.

The breakfast was the saddest of all the breakfasts I've had at a Fairfield Inn anywhere. Not much selection and the woman stopped stocking half an hour before the end of breakfast. She actually turned off one of the two waffle makers five minutes before the end of breakfast when several people were in line to use it. I'm not sure what was going on, but the woman was certainly not customer-centric.

I probably would have been willing to stay here if they were charging the kind of price that a rather tired out motel might charge.

My recommendation would be to wait until the renovation is complete to stay at this property. On second thought, my confidence in the renovation fixing all the shortcomings might be overstated.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Bergenfield, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

This hotel was my alternate as the one I usually stay at was sold out for the weekend due to Homecoming and Open House at Franklin and Marshall College. The reason I chose this was due to price and proximity.

Front desk staff and house keeping was friendly. Room was clean and quiet, the TV needs updating can't remember the last time I was at a hotel that didn't have a flat panel TV. The wireless connection worked well. There was only 1 elevator so during the day there was a wait. The fitness center was tiny and only had 1 treadmill and elliptical machine, no weights. The breakfast was self serve and had a wide selection – fruit, cereal, bagels, Danish, coffee, juice. However the hot food was mostly prepackaged and microwave items. There was a waffle maker which was nice.

If you’re looking for an economical and clean place to sleep for a short stay this is it. If you need full fitness center you may be disappointed.

This property was centrally located and close by to shopping. I would return again under the same circumstances.

nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

We stayed at the Fairfield in in Lancaster in september 2011. I waited until the last minute to make reservations and there were few options. This was one of the hotels still available. It was adequate but that's about all I can say. The rooms were clean. The room was spacious but the beds were not comfortable and the lobby was odd. We did not eat breakfast as we were leaving early. The front desk staff was pleasant on check in. I would not choose to stay here again if there were other options available. However, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here if it was all that was available.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have stayed at many Fairfield Inn's before and this it the first one that was disappointing. The beds were very uncomfortable. There was mold growing in the air conditioning unit and up the curtains. Its needs to be cleaned and updated. Also to note the women working the breakfast in the AM were very rude.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
BALTIMORE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Nothing special. Very average all around. Would not be my choice for my next visit even though I had a free Marriott certificate.

Lewes, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Stayed at Fairfield Inn Lancaster on business for 3 nights. Hard to beat the hotel for value and service. $99/night... right off Rt 283 & Rt 30...complementary breakfast...excellent internet connection...well-maintained fitness equipment...clean rooms....all the things that make for a good solid hotel. The thing that stood out for me was the high level of customer service. On the last day of my stay, I was in the breakfast area and was looking for a copy of the USA Today to read while I ate. I wasn't able to find a copy at the front desk like I had the other mornings. No big deal...just a really minor inconvenience. The women who was attending to the breakfast, refilling things and cleaning up, noticed that that I couldn't find the newspaper. Without saying anything, she went out of the room and came back with a paper for me to read. I was really surprised that she took notice and thought enough to go find one for me. That's the kind of unsolicited service that indicates that this place is really committed to customer service. Great job Fairfield!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Prospect Park, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

On the return trip from Bremen, Indiana, we stayed here for two nights. It was not the first time we stayed here, except it was during the week. The service was just as exceptional as when we stay on weekends, which is when we normally visit the amish in the area. I realize that this hotel is about a ten minute drive from Bird-in-Hand and the other amish towns but it is out of the tourist area and very quiet at night. We have no trouble sleeping.

Room Tip: All rooms we've stayed in were excelent