“Fine hotel for what it is” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
West Orange, New Jersey
“Fine hotel for what it is”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

We stay in this hotel because it is close to my family and it's a Marriott, of which we are timeshare and credit card owners so we always stay at a Marriott when we can. We basically just use it as a crash pad, don't spend much time in the room, so it is fine. Not as nice as a Courtyard. My big issue with this hotel is always that there is no refrigerator in the room. We have a now 3 year old, so staying here over the past few years with him has been challenging because of the need to refrigerate his milk/formula/food. We used to stay across the street at the Hilton, which does have a fridge in the room, but switched to this hotel so that we can get/use points.

Overall I have no problem with this hotel. It's an average hotel, so don't expect grande facilites or service.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

Friendly front desk. Clean rooms, well appointed bed and bath. Quiet. Almost everything worked.

Only one complaint: shower water temperature control.
I must have spent a good five minutes trying to get the shower water to a reasonable temperature. The water temperature would go from cold to hot in a matter of seconds, and even the smallest turn on the knob would create either no change in water temp, or a dramatic one. Nothing in-between. I did feel hassled by this. And when I was finally able to get it to a decent temperature, I left it running for my partner, and warned him to not touch the knob, even if it wasn't perfect for him. I have to admit this does not really put a great spin early in the morning, as a start to my vacation weekend.

I also have to say the Management has improved considerably on this property since I was here a year ago.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Hartford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

Hotel room was clean, average-sized and exactly what we needed for a two night weekend stay while visiting our daughter in college. I travel frequently on business and stay in more upscale hotels than this and wondered if I might have an adverse opinion about this establishment. Earlier, we had stayed at Hilton Garden Inn (across the street) for about $30 more, where there is no complimentary breakfast or 24/7 coffee and tea stations available, and the room we stayed in at the Hilton had sevearl things wrong with it, such as a broken phone, two dead light bulbs, and carpet stains. Knowing this, we picked Fairfield Inn for our return trip to Lancaster instead of the Hilton. If Fairfield Inn is looking for feedback, my suggestions are to remove outdated wallpaper in bathrooms, paint with updated colors and add mouldings; spruce up knicked walls in elevators; replace worn out carpeting in areas; add more ventilation and sanitizing wipes to exercise room.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

Lately when I've stayed overnight in Lancaster, I've been with a friend and we stayed at the Fulton Steamboat. Since I was traveling on my own on this trip, I booked the Fairfield Inn (and put the savings to use at the outlets) and was pleased with the hotel. It's a bit of a drive from Route 30 but easy to find. The hotel was well maintained, room was good sized and clean (and very comfortable beds). I didn't eat breakfast there but the room was pretty crowded and it looked like there was plenty of food. As others have mentioned, there is only one elevator, but that really wasn't an issue for me. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel before without any problems. The most recent visit was a dissapointment. Rooms were run down and the front desk service horrible.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
ky.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

Our son got our rooms with travel points,so I really cannot not stay about the value-I don't know what they would have cost.We had a king size room,which was a large room,with all that usually comes with it.I was surprised about the fridge,it was a little larger than most.Our room was clean,comfortable bed,bathroom was clean safety handles for the tub and shower.The employees were very nice and helpful.The breakfast had a large variety of food items,no need to eat at a restaurant.I have read some bad reviews on here about this motel,those people must have been at a different Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

We stayed there for 1 night and thought it was adequate for the price we paid (around $110). Price seems even better considering the free breakfast, therefore saving us from having to buy breakfast for the family in the morning. Rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. I especially liked the free coffee served in the lobby all day and night. Beds were a little mushy but nothing that kept me from sleeping. Only 2 things I would warn future customers:

1. There is only 1 elevator that I could find. If you MUST take the elevator, leave yourself plenty of time in the morning. Around 9:30 everybody was trying to either check-out or get to breakfast and only people on the third floor were able to fit on the elevator. People on the second floor started riding the elevator up just so they could get on. I guess there’s not much a hotel could do about that though.

2. When they say breakfast is ending at 10:00, they mean it! Not be there at 10, but get out at 10. Every table in the room was packed on this Sunday morning, and at precisely 10:00 they began putting away all the food. The breakfast was small but adequate.

Another advantage is there is a Chili’s in the next parking lot. We walked over there around 8:00 on Saturday night just to find that they had a 40 minute wait. So instead of making the kids wait, we decided to go to the restaurant in the Hilton across the street. That restaurant was deserted, and for good reason. I do NOT recommend that at all.

Overall I recommend the Fairfield Inn as a place to rest your head. If you’re looking for resort accommodations then I would keep looking, but if you just want a clean and quiet place to rest for the next day then this is a good deal.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lancaster? Share your experiences!