“True Lancaster County Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Lancaster
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Denver CO, United States
“True Lancaster County Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

If you are going to Lancaster, PA...this hotel is a must. It is above and beyond most other hotels we have stayed in. It is really hard to believe that it is 25 years old as it is very well kept. The staff is extremely competent and delivers top notch service.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Turkish first
The Woodlands, TX, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I want to share my appreciation that Hampton had the name and location for me of an emergency clinic. I had previously broken a rib and had to have medical attention. One of your staff had a pad with emergency locations printed on it. It made it easier to get attention quicly. Thanks

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Mickleton, NJ, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is a nice, clean hotel with friendly and helpful staff. We used it as our home base for a weekend getaway. The hotel was a perfect central location enabling easy access to Reading (Fightin' Phils game), Lancaster (local shops and restaurants) and Hershey (1-day park trip). Also, the hotel is less than 10 minutes from Dutch Wonderland.

Freehold
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Our room was ready when we arrived, it was clean and tidy. We were on the first floor and there was minimal noise and we slept REALLY well! There was ample parking and we had various entrances that were close to our room. We had two breakfasts there and they were OK, typical Hampton Inn but I was satisfied both days. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would gladly stay again and I would recommend it as well!

NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Room was spotless. Grounds were beautifully groomed. A/C is about as quiet as they come. One of the best breakfast spreads we've encountered anywhere. This is the way B&B's should always be! King bed very hard to leave in the morning. Next time in Lancaster, we'll be staying there again. Staff was very friendly and eager to help. Free wireless worked fine too.

Room Tip: first floor away from the lobby was very convenient to get to/from. quiet at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Waldorf, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed over the Labor Day weekend and were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and comfortable. Surprisingly, the hotel was very busy, but quiet. The breakfast offerings were delicious!!!! They almost got 3 stars because the employees checking us in seemed preoccupied and again when our room key was not working and we needed assistance. The other reason they really should get three stars is a mom was doing the hair of a little girl's soccer team in front of the TV during breakfast...people were eating at the tables nearby and no one from the establishment expressed that doing so could be a health concern doing that so close to the eating area....

Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton inn Lancaster for 2 nights Aug 19th-21st with my sister and cousins for a 2 night Hershey park getaway. I usually love Hamptons but this particular one wasn't as great as others I've stayed at.

CONS
- first I thought the room was heavily overpriced, $179.00 per night plus tax for a very small 2 double bed room. I noticed a lot of hotels during the month of August especially like to rip people off because of the Hershey park season. I do not think that is right to do to people especially being that I've never stayed at a Hampton this expensive that didnt offer what others have for less the cost. Its not right to rip people off, especially coming from a Hampton but I guess if everyones doing it, they will too. The hotel is 35 minutes away from Hershey so its really not even that convient, especially if you want to make 2 trips to Hershey on multiple days. Only reason we chose this hotel because the hotels closer to Hershey were even more expensive, so if you can believe it $179 per night plus tax was the cheapest we could find without staying at a budget dump.

- The room was not big at all, very cramped for 4 people it was very tight, and the rooms were drab compared to other Hamptons ive stayed at.
- The room was also very "clammy" I wound of waking up sick with the sweats and a bad cough the 2nd morning, I dont know if it was from the weird AC unit that was in the room but my pillow was drenched with sweat, I think they need to make their room hypo allergenic or clean their vents, because the room was very stuffy, although the beds were comfortable like hampton beds are, I did not have a good night sleep either night.

- The tv channels were mediocre not much to choose from and no pay per view movies like ived enjoyed at other hamptons.

The bathroom was small for 4 people and there were really no toiletries.

We didnt use the hotel pool nor did we eat the breakfast so I cannot comment on either.

Last comments - Ive stayed at hamptons for example in Quakertown PA, that had better upgraded spacious rooms, more amenities, and only cost $103 per night including tax.

My thing is this....if your gonna charge a lot of money, give people what they pay for. i dont mind paying $200 a night even for a hotel if its worth it. but when its not, then theres cause for complaints.

There wasnt much in the area to do besides a nice restaurant called the Iron Hill Brewery with great food that we ate at one night that was about a 10 minute drive from the hotel.

That being said, I dont think I'd return there only because of the cost, location and room experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Lancaster? Share your experiences!