“basic, with great service” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   545 Greenfield Rd., Lancaster, PA 17601   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Lancaster
Philadelphia
“basic, with great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

Strikes out as a hotel with exceptional service. Pillows are not as comfortable as at Hilton and window air-conditioning is noisy. Overall, very good quality for budget hotel.

Room Tip: just ask
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Turkish first
New york city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stay here every year on Memorial weekend with our son, now age 9. This hotel has been consistently excellent. It is very clean, conveniently located to Lancaster attractions but in a quiet location. The breakfast is very good, and it has a very nice outdoor pool. We have never had a bad stay here, and this year is no exception. I would highly recommend it.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Phila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

I have stayed here before and we always come back. The reasons are simple. Clean room,free hot breakfast and outdoor pool for the kids. The only thing with this stay is that the breakfast was stocked like it usually is....given it was mother's day and most likely a little short staff, I will forgive them ;) Nice people too.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Albany, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

My family of 4 had a wonderful week long stay at the Hampton Inn. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Upon our arrival the staff handed us brochures and recommended local sites and restaurants and helped the kids get a cup of cocoa.
The rooms were clean. The breakfast had a wide variety and changed a little bit every morning. Hotel was as quiet as you can expect in a building with so many people. Excellent location for Lancaster attractions. Only minutes away.
My only "complaint" is that the room with 2 queen beds was a bit small for the 4 of us. Would recommend a suite for families especially during a longer stay.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

My husband, infant son and I stayed here for two nights while my husband was attending a work commitment in town. It is a nice Hampton Inn overall - clean, good service, usual Hampton Inn amenities - though we had a few minor issues. Unfortunately, on our first night, 200+ Mary Kay consultants arrived around 11:30pm. As expected - and, understandably - there was some noise when they checked and moved in. However, the noise in the room next door to us quickly elevated to that of extremely loud. Both my son and I were woken numerous times despite having our traveling sound machine on the loud setting. It was so loud, at first I thought someone was breaking into our room and then perhaps there were some domestic violence issues going on (screaming, throwing things). When I called down to the front desk about an hour later, I was told about the group checking in. I said I completely understood noise checking and moving in, however this was above and beyond. The front desk clerk's response was a bit odd (made comments like, "well it's not wedding guests or children" - ?? I never implied it was - and "but it's 200 MARY KAY consultants" - what?? I don't care if it's Madonna, that level of screaming is just inappropriate). He didn't apologize but did say he would have the hotel security personnel come check it out. I'm not sure if that happened because the screaming continued until 2am at which point my husband got dressed, knocked on their door and asked them to quiet down (which they did, at least enough that we were able to sleep). I tell these details not to talk bad about the ladies next door who were just clearly having a fun time and didn't realize they were bothering others, but to share one, a disappointment in the hotel staff for not more directly addressing the problem (we heard others at breakfast the next morning express similar experience) and two, to let you know the walls are fire doors are thin so expect a good degree of noise to seep through. (I should mention we were on the top floor and towards the end of the hall.) Our second night was much better, though we still heard noise from other rooms.

The other "complaint" I would give is of the breakfast. Of course it is nice they serve a hot breakfast at all, but on the two mornings we were there, it was very poor. The hot offerings were tater tots and some sort of bagel with cheese and bacon that was very frozen food-like. Other foods were fairly unhealthy - sugar cereals, etc. They did have hard boiled eggs (which went quickly) and fruit. Of course, we don't expect everything to be healthy and fresh at a free breakfast, but we have had much, much better at Quality Inns, Residence Inns and even other Hampton Inns. For a nice hotel otherwise, they could do to improve their breakfast quality and selections to make it great overall.

Positives were as I said, nice overall, courteous staff, very clean and truly great coffee that was available all day in the lobby.

I would like to say we would stay here again, but to be honest, the breakfast was a big deal for us. We would probably try a similar level hotel that might have better breakfast quality and offerings.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Lancaster_Hampton_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Lancaster during your recent stay in the Lancaster area. We certainly know that you have many choices when you come to Lancaster and we are honored that you chose our hotel.

We also appreciate the feedback our guests give us. It is a valuable tool we use to train our co workers. We certainly hope that all of our guests have a wonderful stay at our property each and every time but when those expectations fall short we want to hear from our guests so we can improve the next time they stay with us.

The service you were shown by our overnight staff was not at the level we normally offer at the Hampton Inn Lancaster. This incident gives us a great opportunity to do better and offer the kind of support our guests deserve when they report noise issues during their stay. With a large group checking in late at night we strive to place them all in the same area so we keep the disturbance to a minimum however the size of this particular group required us to place some of them near guests not associated with the group. In the future our staff will be more present in these circumstances to help keep the noise levels down that late in the evening.

We also appreciate the feedback we received regarding our breakfast. We do offer a hot item each morning and try our best to offer a large variety of items each day. Our hot item is normally rotated throughout the week so there are not back to back days that offer the same hot item. At times we run low on hot items for our breakfast and do replace them with breakfast items we may have used the day before. We know variety is very important to our guests and we do apologize for not being able to accommodate that each day. We will continue to fine tune our breakfast so each guest will have an enjoyable experience every morning they are with us.

Once again we appreciate any and all feedback we receive from our guest and we hope to see you soon at the Hampton Inn Lancaster!
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

Nice, trendy, remodeled, comfortable, and roomy.

No complaints!

The Employees even gave me a gift when I arrived!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

This place has been around for awhile but must have been recently remodeled as everything seemed new. The whole place seemed spotless and it must be well insulated, because when we were in our room, you could hear absolutley nothing outside the door. We were on the 4th floor. Breakfast was typical Hampton which is good. The desk staff seemed a cut above the usual as they were very nicely dressed in suits. I would go back for sure.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Lancaster? Share your experiences!