“Champaign room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cove Haven Resort

You added Cove Haven Resort to your Saves list
Cove Haven Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   194 Lakeview Drive, Lakeville, PA 18438   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
SAVE UP TO 50%!!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lakeville
“Champaign room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed on the champaign room for my bday. We had a great time even though I fell off while on the snowmobile I continued to enjoy myself. We arrived early and was told check in us at 3:30. So we were able to participate in all of the activities going on. Dinner was great even though my husband didn't like sitting with other couples I thought it was a great way to meet new people. We were so full from appetizers salads. Entrees and desert that the next day we went to breakfast at 10:45 am since breakfast is up to 11am. There was so much to choose from that we both order something different and shared. The hostess were awesome! Thank u Dennis for singing happy bday to me. Also thank u to the late entertainment for also acknowledging my bday. The room was private and awesome we swam, relaxed and spend quality time together . The only thing that should be fixed was that the toilet did not flush properly. But I feel that was minor. Everything else was perfect .

• Stayed January 2014
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Happy birthday to you! Great photo, Lauradivine! Please consider emailing us at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com with the details of your stay. We'd like to check out the issue you mentioned.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
Owego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

The room was lovely but very worn. Mirrors blackening, refrigerator froze anything we put in there, bottom step into the pool broken, pool floor was flaking off paint, side of the pool above the waterline was dirty,heating unit pulled so far from an outside wall we had to place our coats over it to stop the cold, after we took off the coverlet we found multiple long black hairs ( mine is short!)....very gross...and thats just the room. No entertainment the first night we were there and no one told us that when we booked. Next night the illusionest was very good. Meals were ok but second night was just horrible, old country buffet would have been better. First night waiter (Dennis) was wonderful but after that the dining room service was extremly poor. For what we paid? Take a cruise. Would not go back again. Oh, and we did report all the room problems but no one ever came to fix a thing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
I am very saddened to read this review, thebeach46. Please email me with the dates of your stay and a good time and number to reach you - PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.
Orange county ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided last minute to go to the Poconos & looked at many choices finally decided on Cove Haven. Being that it was a Saturday & there was a big name comedy act there were literally only 2 rooms available. We arrived kind of late around 7:30pm. Check in was quick but we were informed we had to be at the restaurant by 8pm to make the included dinner. We were seated with 3 other couples (we found out the next day that u can ask to sit alone but you'll have to wait a little). Sat night is their "strip steak" night & we were pleasantly surprised by the the fact that there were choices on the menu and the quality of the food - we both ate chicken. Afterwards we walked over to the nightclub where they had a live band & a comedian. You seat yourself and a waitress brings your drinks or there's a bar in the back (drinks are a little pricey & watered down) but it was fun, cozy and a comfortable atmosphere. We stayed in a Juliette king room that had the heart shaped tub. It was dated but clean and comfortable. You have to bring your own fire wood & bubble bath (they sell it in the gift shop). Sunday we went to the included buffet breakfast that was also good but get there early if you want bacon! We walked around the rest of the property to check out everything they have. The game room building has lots of activities including ice skating & mini golf. The indoor pool & whirlpool looked nice. There's also a small gym, tanning booths and another bar in another building with a beautiful lake view. Snowmobiling is also included & you have to sign up for a 15 minute time slot. You only drive in a small circle but it's still fun. Snow tubing & other activities are also included but we didn't see those going on. Staff was pleasant & helpful. Again, we went there last minute and based on some of the cheesy pictures online we didn't expect much but we were pleasantly surprised and ended up having a really nice , fun and relaxing time. we hope to return and get the room with the pool inside next time!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
If you loved the Juliette suite, you'll love a suite with a pool, D R! Thank you for your review. Happy to hear you had a 'fun and relaxing time.'
Leonardtown, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Cove Haven Jan 17-19 2014. The resort is kind of dated, as mentioned in many of the reviews, but that was actually part of the appeal. The couples activities were awesome, and the evening entertainment was a blast! I do however, have a few complaints.
The first is cleanliness. I understand the place is old, and I don't mind the worn carpet and blankets. The mildew in the Jacuzzi jets was disgusting, and the dirt built up on the air vents was a little scary. Other than cleanliness, the rooms were very quiet and cozy! The fireplace is not conveniently placed in the room. It is not visible from the bed and the couch closest to it is not large enough or comfortable enough for cuddling. A plush rug in this area of the room would be a big improvement.
The coliseum restaurant was a tale of two nights. The first night offered an international buffet that was dreadful. I did not enjoy any part of that meal except the salad and desert bar. The 2nd night, Strip night, was an awesome meal that everyone at the table enjoyed. It is worth noting that we thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast buffet on both days. My biggest complaint about the restaurant is the lack of tables for two. We inquired about a private table our first night and Brenda, the hostess, very rudely informed us that private tables were extremely limited and inconvenient for the wait staff. She suggested that if we wanted a private table the next night we should either arrive at the beginning of the meal or order room service, which is a very limited menu!
Our biggest complaint about the weekend was the very lacking outdoor activities. Cove Haven advertises Snow Tubing and Snow Mobiles but I feel the advertising is a bit misleading. The snow tubing was not available the two days we were there. We were told the "snow grooming Machine" was broken, but there was a fresh layer of 4 inches of beautiful snow on the hill. A quick look at the daily schedule for the Friday when we arrived showed that the snow tubing was only available for one hour that day and we arrived too late. The snow mobiles were available, but riders were forced to play follow the leader riding in a very small circle. With 4 snow mobiles on the track, riders were only able to creep along at a snail's pace enjoying the fragrant exhaust of the snow mobile in front of you. I am not an event planner, but there appeared to be plenty of space to create a much larger circle track while still maintain a safe environment where riders can be easily monitored.
Despite these complaints, we really enjoyed our stay. The planned couples activities were very enjoyable. Overall, we really enjoyed our weekend, and we do look forward to returning for future visits.

Room Tip: Enjoy a room with a Jacuzzi, but avoid upgrades because they are not a good value!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
We value your feedback, Shawn H. We will be discussing your review with our managers here at the resort. I am very happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and that you'll be back to the Land of Love. See you next time.
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

This past weekend my husband and I visited Cove Haven Resort for the 4th time and stayed in the Garden of Eden Apple Suite. Our past experiences at Cove Haven have been very good but we were disappointed this time when we were told we would check-in and get our room at 3pm and we had to wait an hour. Not only that but neither of the two women that dealt with us at check-in ever apologized for the wait...not once. We drove 6 hours to get there and the last thing we wanted to do was wait an hour for our room! The one woman (didn't catch her name) wasn't overly friendly to most people who were checking in and out either. I also tried to order dinner to be brought to our room but the gentleman I spoke to said on buffet nights they do not do room service. So ordered a $9 salad. Luckily a woman caught the mistake and we did end up getting dinner. The rooms are outdated but very clean and we love the pool! Like I said, we usually have a great experience... just wish our check-in would have been smoother. I am not one who usually complains! Had one person apologized for our wait, I would have been more understanding. But they didn't seem to even care and that bothers me.

Room Tip: We recommend a room with a pool!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
I am very sorry about this reaction from our Front Desk Team. Please know that I will be speaking to them.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I never leave reviews for places I have been but I am compelled to for Cove Haven Resort. We stayed @ Cove Fantasy 1/17/14-1/20/14. When we arrived we were greeted by "Charette" who took very good care of us and we were given our room very quickly. Our room was impeccably clean and neat. We were even to see Deer come right up to one of the rooms near us and we were able to take pictures!!! At breakfast and dinner "Fran", the adorable, short woman who seated everyone was VERY efficient in seating us at a private table and was very pleasant, we did not wait long. One thing we couldn't help but notice was that although we only waited a VERY short time for our table, there were tons of empty tables. Perhaps that is their way of having us purchase drinks while we wait. I get it ;) The food/ buffet was great and there are tons of choices. One night I couldn't help but notice Fran running to a table one dinner night to get a piece of cake and put a candle in it because she realized that the birthday girl at a table was preparing to leave and she wanted to light a candle for her and encouraged all of us to sing "Happy Birthday"; Little things like that should never go unnoticed! During one dinner service "Erick" ( a muscular young gentleman) was our server and went above and beyond to please us, and was incredibly pleasant and patient with us. The food was great and everything runs like clockwork. Although tips are "included' in your price, I highly encourage you to tip these incredible servers that really go out of there way to make you comfortable.The staff is profoundly hardworking and I can only HOPE that Management recognizes how hard their employees work to make our stay a pleasant one. One last thing, on our last night while at dinner 1/19, my boyfriend proposed to me and the photographer noticed what was happening and ran over to take pictures to capture our moment which we were able to purchase at the gift shop. She even printed "Just Engaged 1/19/14" on our picture.That meant the world to us! (I am bothered that I did not get her name, but she wore glasses). "Dolly" at the gift shop took great care of us and gave us a crash course in how t light up the artificial wood we bought. My fiance and I did not engage in any of the activities offered so I can't say anything about that aspect of the resort; we just wanted time alone together. Cove Haven overflows with "LOVE" and all of the employees there have one main goal and priority and that is to assure that their guests rekindle their love for each other and they will go through fire to make that happen! It was our first time going and we will certainly be back to celebrate our engagement. Kudos to Cove Haven! I real GEM of a place!

Room Tip: Bring your own: liquor and snacks (refrigerator in the room)..Drinks are pricey Bubble Bath/Candle...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Your review gave me chills, SorayaPicho. It means the world to us! Thank you. Our Team is going to be thrilled to read this.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to go to Cove Haven for 5 nights about a week ago. I think 5 nights was a bit long for this season at Cove Haven. However, the stay was still very nice. The rooms were not as out of date as people in the reviews had said. We stayed in a Cove Harbour Suite which had a split level room with a large bathroom that (of course) had the heart shaped Jacuzzi. The ceiling had lights that came through like little stars and twinkled. You could dim them along with lights in the bathroom. The bathroom was very clean which I was happy about because I am a clean freak! There was also a small refrigerator with a little icebox in it that actually kept our ice frozen. The round shaped bed was fun and very comfortable unlike what reviews I read had said. So we were pleasantly surprised.

As soon as we got there a man that we later found out was a waiter helped us carry our bags to our room. So nice! I wish I knew his name! He was one of the adult waiters, not younger 20 somethings.

As for activities, the weekend was much better in terms of entertainment. Friday was a buffet that my boyfriend and I thought was really good! I wished every night was a buffet. Then the "Pocono Tonight Show Band" played and they were AWESOME! When they started my boyfriend and I were blown away by how good they were. They were super entertaining and the lead singer was great. She made us feel comfortable dancing and having fun.

Saturday was also great. They had the Bridesmaids perform in a much larger building than the night before so it was nice to see a different venue. They were also entertaining and it was fun. Both Friday and Saturday there were comedy shows as well which were a ton of fun. On Friday they hosted RC Smith and we were cracking up!

Sunday was also great. The same band from Friday came up again but they did "Rock-a-Oke" which is basically Kareoke with a live band but the lead singer helped a couple people along. Not many people were there so it was a little awkward.

Monday-Wednesday were a little more boring at night. The entertainment wasn't as good and they just had them in the bar area of the restaurant so there wasn't a fun venue. I can tell that weekdays are much less popular in this season.

Drinks are not included so be prepared for that. I love sangrias and they had 4 or 5 different kinds which was awesome but they were $9! My boyfriend got $5 beers. Still pricey. Lunch is also not included. That's a little pricey too.

The sports palace was a lot of fun. They have a ton of stuff to do in there. Raquetball, tennis, iceskating, arcade, minigolf, ping pong and pool. We spent most days in there competing with each other. The worker in there was kind of grumpy but we didn't let it effect the time we had.

Everyone is really nice there overall. We loved our server Mr. Carrol (I cant remember his first name). Also, the hostess in the dining room was great. There were 2 different ladies but they were all excellent. The CXO Amanda was awesome leading us through a game one day. The food was pretty good. Friday and Saturday were the best nights for food there. The other days I loved the vegetables and soups/salads but the chicken I got was never too good.

Suggestions: I would suggest bringing your own bubble bath for the Jacuzzi, as well as the artificial fire logs for the fireplace. We put in way too many bubbles once so be careful. And I brought real wood for the fireplace, so don't do that either. :) They do have that stuff in the gift shop but its pricey. Wine might be a good idea too. I brought a lot of nice clothes and it would have been smarter to bring more work out type clothes because we did a lot of physical activities in the sports palace. If you don't want to converse with strangers during dinner or breakfast as for a table for 2. They are accommodating to that. We got our own table for every meal.

Basically it is what you make it. It was fun but we did run out of things to do by the end of 5 nights. We didn't use the pool area at all though. Didn't want to have to change in a different building plus we had our own Jacuzzi so we didn't care. But they have that as well. I think it was still a great place to get away. You feel like your in a tiny little town full of couples which is fun. If you choose to go enjoy your time!

Room Tip: We chose the Cove Harbour Suite. Very nice and not over done. Some have a Champagne glass Jacuzzi an...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Nice photo! I like, 'a tiny little town full of couples which is fun!' Perfect. Thanks for your feedback. Hope you visit us again.

Been to Cove Haven Resort? Share your experiences!