Ok - my boyfriend and I stayed here at the end of July (2013). After reading all of the incredibly negative reviews, I was very apprehensive. Neither of us had been here before, but my boyfriend's brother did come here years ago on his honeymoon. Now...would I go here on my honeymoon? Probably not. Did I go here expecting state of the art technology? Absolutely not. Did I come here hoping to have a somewhat kitschy experience with a man who I always have fun with? You bet. Now, to address some of the negatives that some people pointed out. People seem to complain about the smoking smell in the non-smoking rooms. I am a smoker. We got a non-smoking room because, even though I smoke, I prefer the room I'm sleeping in to not smell of stale smoke. Our room did NOT smell of smoke (and no, my sense of smell is not diminished by my smoking but if you don't believe that - my boyfriend does NOT smoke and he smelled nothing too). The "old" decor - seriously?? All you have to do is look at the pictures. This place isn't billed as being ultra modern or hip. It's a throwback to kind of...cheesy 70s/80s romance. It's fun, if you don't take everything too seriously. (As a side note, the tv's in the Juliet suites, where we stayed, have a dvd player/tv combo...so feel free to bring your...movies, of whatever kind.) The grounds were fine. We saw them mowing on a regular basis. Yes, there were a couple of buildings that were closed and one had a roof caved in. Honestly, though? I'm not about to complain that there are a couple of rooms unavailable since I had a perfectly nice room to stay in. What do I care? The food? It was what you'd expect from a resort. I didn't go in expecting Michelin starred food. I got tasty buffet-type food. The food was always hot; there was a good selection of foods ranging from pastas, to chicken, to beef to fish. There was a comedian that was amusing. There were bands that were not terrible. My major complaint was the indoor pool. It was hotter than the hot tubs next to them. I prefer a cooler pool to jump into after a soak in the hot tub. Overall, I'd definitely go for another 3-4 day getaway. Oh, and in case you didn't catch it - we stayed in a Juliet room, no champagne jacuzzi...which was more preferable for us. The Juliet rooms are actually more centrally located.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cove Haven Resort is a romantic Poconos all-suite hotel. Many of our guest rooms feature whirlpools, saunas, fireplaces, and/or round king-size beds. Tennis, racquetball, and watersports are available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Cove Haven Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Haven Hotel Lakeville
- Caesars Poconos
- Caesars Cove Haven Poconos Lakeville