“Great Mini Vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cove Haven Resort

You added Cove Haven Resort to your Saves list
Cove Haven Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   194 Lakeview Drive, Lakeville, PA 18438   |
Offers & Announcements
HUGE SPRING SAVINGS!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lakeville
Syracuse, New York, United States
“Great Mini Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My boyfriend surprised me by bringing me here for a mini vacation. We are going on a cruise in September and he just wanted us to enjoy a night get away together. (We normally go on cruises, all inclusive resorts, etc-not much around NY,PA area).

I was completly surprised so when you drive here it is in the middle of no where!!! I had no idea where we were going or what to expect. When we got there I still wasn't sure but then after checking in I realized how cute this was. I LOVED it and it was exactly what we needed to just get away and relax for a night. I would absolutly reccomend this for a night or 2 but not for anything more. I mean some people may like that relaxation for an extended time but I thought the mini get away was perfect. Not a lot of people, freedom to go where you want when you want: ice skating (poor area but still fun), mini golf, roller skating, free tanning beds, sauna, gym, heated pool, hot tub, whirlpool, pool tables, cafe, archery, breakfast, dinner, boat rides, tubing, paddle boats, and great alone time in the room.

I can agree with some of the reviews that it was like a 70's movie but that was also kind of unique and made it fun. All I can say is it is what you make it. NOWHERE else can you get a hotel, etc for this price that offers what this place does. It may not be the most up to date and amazingly beautiful like a Princess Cruise BUT that isn't what it is. It is a couples resort where you and your mate enjoy your time and make it fun. We heard many couples complaining and being high maintence..but come on it is what you pay for. Had a great time and would love to go back in a few years to get away....

***I would recomeng bringing candles to put in the room, toothpaste (doesn't come free in the room), alcohol (as it is pricey like any vacation), and I think that is about it. Bartenders make the drinks VERY week so don't even waste time buying drinks BYOB**** <3

Room Tip: Juliet sweet is perfect and everything you need. Enjoy and make it a good time. Don't complain i...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
We love to hear that you loved it here!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
Grahamsville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Went to Cove Haven with my wife 6/29/13 to 7/2/13 . We previously have stayed in the Garden of Eden apple and Champagne towers. This time we stayed in the Cove fantasy suite. Upon being home now for a few days and reflecting on our stay I have to say.

1. Room was spotless and the heated pool,sauna were clean and very enjoyable. Had one minor problem with fireplace most likely due to massive rain storm we had and once we called the front desk they had maintenance team respond promptly and they came to our room and fixed the problem.

2. Entertainment was superb at nightclub.. Really good band and 2 excellent comedians who were extremely funny and we had an excellent night of music and laughs.

3. Food at resturaunt was very very good on the Grand buffet night and the 2 other nights were cook to order nights and the food as well as service in the resturaunt were excellent.

4. We visited Cove Haven twice this summer and we hope to go back in the fall for an extended weekend and we can't wait.

5. Overall an excellent stay with excellent service from the front check in team to the housekeeping,maintenance staff.

6. We would recommend any couple who loves spending alone time and being romantic to go to Cove Haven for a private romantic getaway. We were happy not to have wifi in our suite.. We do not go to Cove Haven to surf the internet like we do when we are home .. If you want to connect go to maurice and obeys and you can connect to the outside world if you wish!! :)

7. Honest Phil and the rest of CXO staff are superb and you can tell they love their jobs...Looking forward to seeing Phil and staff when we return for another short getaway from the daily grind..

8. Thanks Cove haven for another excellent vacation!

H and A Carleton
NY

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you so much H & A!! Love this review. It's guests like you that make us love to do what we do. Thanks again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I recently went to Cove Haven with my wife and we had a great time. The drive itself from New Jersey was beautiful. It is located in the middle of nowhere which adds to the allure. Once you enter the premises, you are on a different planet. Ideal location for a romantic getaway.

We got a room with a jacuzzi. The rooms are nice and clean and add to the romantic feel. Breakfast and lunch are included in the package. The food is excellent with a proper 4 course dinner. There are various activities that you can do. Going into the lake in a paddle boat or sailboat (included in package of course), play pool, go to the night club in the premise, take a dip in one of the numerous swimming pools, archery, walk in the woods, spa, etc.

I would recommend this place for anyone who wants to relive their honeymoon period with their better half and to get away for the strenuous daily schedule. This trip will definitely leave you rejuvenated.

• Stayed June 2013
Love this reveiw Adi0007!!! Thank you!
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Pros: The location and scenery were desirable and provided a quaint and comfortable setting, similar to a commune. Nightly entertainment was decent... but that's about the extent of it...

Cons:

Initial Impression: To start off, we found the setting of "LOVE" a little cheesy, though understandable, given the advertisement listed it was specific to couples and adults only for the purpose of creating an environment of romance and rekindling relationships. After arriving though, we got the feeling we walked movie screening from a 70's adult movie. At the end of our stay, we left feeling raunchy.

Costumer Service: I was very unsatisfied with the costumer service as a whole. It seemed most of the staff generally appeared only to be going through the motions and not interested in their customers. On multiple occasions we saw staff members on their phones or computers, and disinterested in helping people. The front desk staff attitude came off as "what do you want", seeming very self-righteous, like we couldn't be bothered.

Dining: The dining experience left a lot to be desired. Though the food was decent, I was expecting to be placed in a more private and intimate setting, instead of being placed at a table with other couples. They did offer the option of private seating, though the wait was approximately 45 mins on average.

Room: Hmm, how should I word this... The room was something straight out of a 70's scene. The resort has definitely coined the heart shaped tub and circle bed... and they've stuck with that ever since. The room was in desperate need of updating. The furniture, electronics, carpet were very dingy. When we entered the room, the first thing that hit us, was the smell of smoke... after calling and asking if we'd been issued a smoking room, they confirmed we in fact had a non-smoking room. We found out after the fact it was due to the cleaning staff smoking while they were cleaning. I personally observed this occurring.

Amenities: Very overpriced. They were selling Barefoot wine at about $34. Where we come from, that wine generally goes for less than $15. Most of the equipment and buildings were dilapidated and in dire need of upgrading. We chose not to use most of them because of this.

We ended up leaving early, because of a family emergency, albeit I think we would've ended up leaving early regardless just because of our overall unpleasant experience. We initially booked our stay for 6 nights, but ended up checking out after the second night. Our overall cost was booked at approximately $1600. Even with us only staying two nights, the charges of gratuity, taxes, two nights stay, and a $100 early check out penalty only allowed us to recover about half of that. I have yet to receive remuneration for the cost, so I don't know how timely I will recover my refund.

I highly recommend you look elsewhere to book your vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Sorry you feel this way anbbruner. We take a lot of pride in our customer service. Thank you for telling us about your stay and I will be talking to our Team about the issues you mentioned.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The idea of such a resort and the way it was conceived is amazing. As long as you do not expect, new, breathtaking facilities and you know what you are in for you are going to enjoy it.
Rooms are big, outdated - had a Harbor Tower room.
Food in the Colosseum Restaurant, was very good, but nothing chef style.
Really enjoyed the arcade, skating and the heart shape pool. I'm sure it's more fun in the summer, it was fairly cold when we were there.
Altogether, very pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for telling us about your stay SarraD. Hope to see you again.
Magnolia, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Pros: Speed boat and lake scenery was beautiful and enjoyable. Nightly entertainment was great. Food was higher quality and more delicious than expected. Pingpong and billiards were delightful. Massage was great, but probably not worth the $200+ that was spent on it in addition to the room.

Cons: Where to start? Check in stated for 3:30PM. We didn't receive our room until after 4PM (We were told housekeeping was a bit slow that day) only to discover that the 'non-smoking' room we requested had a strong stench of cigarette smoke. Being pregnant, we promptly requested a new room. Staff moved us to a new, non-smoking, suite. We stayed in the Adam and Even suite, which was severely outdated and left much to be desired in terms of cleanliness for the price of the room. Mirrors around the Jacuzzi were visibly damaged, cigarette burn holes littered around the jacuzzi and most furniture. The private, indoor pool tile was lifted and damaged substantially. All ventilation covers were caked of dust and rust. The carpets were stained and soiled, quite visibly, throughout the suite. The shower stall was gross, for lack of a better description. So much, in fact, that we made a trip out of Cove Haven to the most local market to purchase a bottle of bleach to sanitize both the jacuzzi jets and the shower stall. I can't say that I've ever had to do that one, especially for a room that expensive. As for the Cove Haven grounds, the entire resort was not maintained, especially the exterior of the buildings. Some building appeared dilapidated, with roofing caved in. The git shop, as expected, was extremely overpriced. For example, a bottle of M&R Asti, usually priced anywhere from 13-15/bottle, was a staggering $45. Sports facility/Skating ring was not maintained. When you walk into the Ice rink, it smelled of mildew and the ceiling was visibly dripping water onto the rink. The ice rink, itself, was virtually unusable due to the surface not being smooth like you would find at a typical skating rink.This is not an all-inclusive resort, as advertised. You will be expected to purchase your own drinks (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages) while attending the nightly entertainment. They charged us $2/small soda (no free refills )and $7.50 for a mixed beverage, during the Poconos Tonight Show. I can slightly understand charging for liquor or beer, due to the cost factor for the resort, but I was a bit surprised that the all-inclusive resort charged for ALL beverages, water included, for the all-inclusive evening shows.

All in all, this is definitely NOT worth the money---- not even with a living social voucher attached. By the time it was all said and done, we spent around 1100 for this "599" package. While we would have been more than happy to cough up that kind of cash towards a weekend away, this "resort" was scored a single star rating from us. We will be posting our thoughts about our experience on Yelp and other review boards for future visitors to read. Hopefully, they will heed the warning and take their large evening rates and go somewhere beautiful in the Poconos to enjoy a delightful weekend away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We welcome all comments – positive and negative. Guest satisfaction and exceptional service is our number one priority and are very surprised to hear some of your comments. Please note that PA state law does not allow us to include alcohol in our packages. If any reader has questions about the issues in this review, please don't hesitate to email me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.
Hershey, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Let me start with a few positives. First, the idea of this place is fantastic and it has a great deal of activities from which to choose for fun. We particularly enjoyed the boat rides and the paddle boats. Second, the staff here is amazing with customer service, especially at the front desk and the boating areas. Every staff member responded over and above to all our questions and issues.
It is a very cheesy place and I can get past that. What we could not get past too easy is the fact that the place is starting to look run down. The indoor areas are clean and well-kept, but are certainly need of updating. The heart shaped tub in our room would not hold water due to a faulty tub stop. The room really felt like we were walking back into the 80's.
The food was pretty good but the restaurant felt a little mismanaged with lines for every meal even though there were tons of seats available.
The outdoor areas were horrible looking, particularly the room areas. There were tons of bee hives forming all along the porches and for someone allergic to bees, it made me feel like I had to make a run into and out of the room for safety.
There is just so much upkeep that needs done on the outsides of the buildings, etc. The roofs of the one section had totally caved in, which was all blocked off, but it still looked so trashy.
We ordered a romance package delivered to our room which turned out to be two tiny champagne bottles and two very small, cheap plastic glasses...the bottom of one shattered and unusable.
For the cost of this place, they are really not catering to that crowd as far as the look of everything. We went on a 50 percent off deal and were so glad we did not pay full price for the night.
All in all...great staff but horrible atmosphere. Lesson learned...always believe what you read on tripadvisor.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I’m sorry you weren’t 100% satisfied with your getaway to the Land of Love. This is not usually the case.

Been to Cove Haven Resort? Share your experiences!