My boyfriend surprised me by bringing me here for a mini vacation. We are going on a cruise in September and he just wanted us to enjoy a night get away together. (We normally go on cruises, all inclusive resorts, etc-not much around NY,PA area).
I was completly surprised so when you drive here it is in the middle of no where!!! I had no idea where we were going or what to expect. When we got there I still wasn't sure but then after checking in I realized how cute this was. I LOVED it and it was exactly what we needed to just get away and relax for a night. I would absolutly reccomend this for a night or 2 but not for anything more. I mean some people may like that relaxation for an extended time but I thought the mini get away was perfect. Not a lot of people, freedom to go where you want when you want: ice skating (poor area but still fun), mini golf, roller skating, free tanning beds, sauna, gym, heated pool, hot tub, whirlpool, pool tables, cafe, archery, breakfast, dinner, boat rides, tubing, paddle boats, and great alone time in the room.
I can agree with some of the reviews that it was like a 70's movie but that was also kind of unique and made it fun. All I can say is it is what you make it. NOWHERE else can you get a hotel, etc for this price that offers what this place does. It may not be the most up to date and amazingly beautiful like a Princess Cruise BUT that isn't what it is. It is a couples resort where you and your mate enjoy your time and make it fun. We heard many couples complaining and being high maintence..but come on it is what you pay for. Had a great time and would love to go back in a few years to get away....
***I would recomeng bringing candles to put in the room, toothpaste (doesn't come free in the room), alcohol (as it is pricey like any vacation), and I think that is about it. Bartenders make the drinks VERY week so don't even waste time buying drinks BYOB**** <3
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cove Haven Resort is a romantic Poconos all-suite hotel. Many of our guest rooms feature whirlpools, saunas, fireplaces, and/or round king-size beds. Tennis, racquetball, and watersports are available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Cove Haven Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Haven Hotel Lakeville
- Caesars Poconos
- Caesars Cove Haven Poconos Lakeville