“Great Time, already planning another stay for my Birthday!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cove Haven Resort

You added Cove Haven Resort to your Saves list
Cove Haven Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   194 Lakeview Drive, Lakeville, PA 18438   |
Offers & Announcements
HUGE SPRING SAVINGS!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lakeville
Old Forge, Pennsylvania
“Great Time, already planning another stay for my Birthday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our primary reason for staying at Cove Haven was because Bel Biv Devoe was playing here. Both my fiancee and I love them and thought this would be a great getaway. We stayed in the Cove Harbour Suite and i loved the heart shaped Jacuzzi tub, walk in shower and the celestial ceiling above the bed. The staff was friendly, food was great, the concert was awesome and We got to meet some really nice people at dinner too.
I was a little worried because of the bad reviews that i read, but my fears were unfounded. My only regret is that we only stayed one night, our next trip will be for much longer. I cant wait to go back for my birthday in July! Thank you Cove Haven, we had a blast and cant wait to come back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
You're so welcome sweetonu2950! Thank you for visiting! See you in July.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Although we spent almost the entire weekend in the room cove haven offered plenty to do. Dinners were fantastic, and the room was clean and peaceful. Staff were all extremely friendly. I had read some negative reviews before going which made me nervous, but my fears were unfounded. If you are used to staying at 5 star hotels in Manhattan, and are very picky, maybe this is not the place for you, but for anyone that has to save a little to go here for a weekend, it is a wonderful weekend getaway. We will definitely return!!

• Stayed February 2013
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. See you next time.
Lexington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I have been to the Pocono's several times with my husband. It was the very first place we vacationed together. The first time we visited Cove Haven was during a very difficult time in my life, and my husband brought me there thinking it would be a nice romantic getaway. The novelty of the champagne glass jacuzzi was definitely appealing. When we first arrived, I soon realized this was not a five star hotel by any means. It was decked out in 80s fashion and to be honest, I felt like I was at my high school prom. Sparkling hearts dangled from the ceiling as decorations, balloons adorned the lobby. It truly felt like this was a cheaply decorated hotel in the middle of nowhere! We went in February when it was freezing outside and we drove from Boston so we were tired and just wanted to get back to our room. We were given the key, and directed towards our room. Once we entered the room, I was pleasantly surprised. It appeared big?! (It's all done with mirrors) Don't get me wrong, that 80s theme partied on, but it was quiet, and peaceful. It's decorated with crazy wallpaper that cries for a makeover, red carpet, a round bed with mirrors above the bed, a heart shaped pool, a fireplace, a sauna, and a Bose stereo sound system for whatever music your heart desires. It's truly something (much like Vegas) everyone should see at least once! To some of you, this may sound appealing and to some of you, this may sound appalling. I can honestly tell you, if you are visiting Cove Haven or any of the Pocono's resorts, it's not because its a luxury hotel. For us, it meant drinks by our fireplace, staying up well past bedtime, soaks in the champagne glass, snowmobiling, ice skating, shuffleboards and dinner at the restaurant. Our cell phones didn't work so, it essentially forces you to spend quality one on one time with each other, and for that reason, we keep going back for more. It has (aesthetically) soo much potential. We sit in the pool with our drinks and talk about how nice (aesthetically) it could be, but it doesn't really matter, we love it anyway. So, if you're looking for a 5 star resort, you won't find that here. But if you're looking for some romantic quality time with someone you love, you can't help but find it here! Hope this helps :)

• Stayed March 2013
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
My favorite line... 'if you're looking for some romantic quality time with someone you love, you can't help but find it here!' Thank you Michelle V.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I chose this hotel for a weekend getaway with my boyfriend. Our hotel room was nice with the heart shape jakuzzi but overall the rooms and hotel need renovation..We couldn't figure out how to put on the heating since it was so old! You feel like in the 70s or 80s. The meals were disgusting. No flavor at all.. Me and my boyfriend left hungry after both dinner and breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
I will be sure to share your review with our Chef traveladdict705.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We just returned from our trip to Cove Haven, It was better than I expected. We stood in the Fantasy suite. Like previous reviews mention decor is outdated but we had a great time. We arrived early and went to the entertaining room and played racquetball, ping pall and wii games. We meet very nice people during breakfast and dinner the staff was great and we had a great time. I see us returning in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Nice pictures MayPill. Thank you for the review.
Levittown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

It feels that nothing has been done to this place for thirty years. There are a lot of activities but everything is old. Room smelled a little we still had a good time. Workout room was old pool area was cold. Jacuzzi area was not hot enough. Everything was average including food. Price was not cheap

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Victor Z, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We have been going for over ten years and just love Cove Haven. We found Cove Haven by mistake. We were fond visitors of Paradise Stream, then the flood hit a few years back and they had to move us to Cove Haven. Now we are hooked. The staff, second to none, food, some of the best, rooms always clean and waiting for our most inimate moments with each other. The entertainment is great. If you are expecting Vegas then go to Vegas, Cove Haven and the resorts are their own fantasy resorts, they are what you make it!

Stayed July 2012
Thanks for the review and thanks for 10 years Mike P!

Been to Cove Haven Resort? Share your experiences!