“Great Getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cove Haven Resort

Save Saved
You added Cove Haven Resort to your Saves list
Cove Haven Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   194 Lakeview Drive, Lakeville, PA 18438   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
SAVE UP TO 50%!!
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lakeville
NJ
“Great Getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This was our 1st time here and was actually a fluke... We had plans to do something in PA and while looking for a hotel, this place popped up. It sounded interesting and we hadn't been to a resort before, plus there was an online deal that saved us some money, so we booked for Tues-Fri. After we booked, my friend came over and said that he had heard about this place from other people and it was supposed to be good so we changed it to Mon-Sat.
Eventually, we canceled our Saturday plans and stayed an extra day.
We arrived early.. around 1:30PM and our room was ready so we were able to check in early.
As other people have stated, the decor is a little dated, but we also found it cheesy-romantic and it didn't detract from the stay at all.
The dining room food was very good and much better then we expected, plus, they also let you order off the menu for some things. For example, the breakfast is a buffet, but you can order multiple types of eggs (my wife ordered eggs benedict and a huge omlet during the stay), plus waffles or pancakes if they aren't already out in the buffet. They don't advertise this though, and we found out by other couples. (They have some 1 couple seating, but most tables are for 4 couples and you get to mix and mingle.)
Gratuity for most of the staff is already included, but that didn't stop the staff there (and in the rest of the resort) from being the most friendly and courteous staff we have ever dealt with... We have been places were you get a few of the staff like this, but we have never been somewhere, where every member of the staff was like this...
There are plenty of activties throughout the day and keep in mind that since this is an adults only resort, some of the activities are definately adult in nature.. Things like Sexual Trivia and the Newlywed/Not So Newlywed game for example.
They have about 6 or 7 different types of rooms and I recommend that you take the tour if it is available... We are definatly looking ath the Garden of Eden Apple room next time. It has it's own pool, jacquizzi, & sauna, and is the only room with the fireplace in the bedroom. This room also has NO windows.. This is nice for both privacy and rest because if you shut the door and kill the lights, you get total blackout.
There are also offsite activties available like horseback riding, jetski rentals, and more, but we never made it to any of these.
I also recommend the site seeing boat tour.. It's about 15 minutes and is fun and relaxing.
We truly did not want to leave and this will definately not be our last visit!
Some minor things though..
I have Verizon and had no cell phone access except for roaming.. Other people with other carriers had similiar issues. You are out in the boonies..
No WiFi anywhere except for their Cafe. I would have liked WiFi in the rooms or at least in other areas like the pool and lounge.
Oh, and you MUST see Phil's deer feeding... Phil can actually CALL the deer to him (no special whistle or anything, just his voice) and they will all come out of the woods around the resort to his feeding area. (Lot's of deer around the resort and you will see them all over!)

Room Tip: Harbor Towers. Smaller Room. Only room with a balcony and a 2 person clear shower. Garden of Eden...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for the review! We we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This was our second trip to Cove Haven and we had even more fun than the first time. The rooms are outdated and could be remodeled or even they could just fix the peeling wallpaper, but the rooms are very clean. A little peeling wallpaper is not a deal breaker for me. Our room was not musty and didn't smell at all. Our mini fridge was frozen up when we got there but did stay cold enough to keep food and drinks in it for our whole stay. We really enjoy Honest Phil and the newlywed game, if you are visiting a night when they have the newly wed game you must attend! We choose to sit alone because we are both 26 years old and everyone else seemed to be much older, during our stay we did not have to wait for a table. The food was average to above average, first night the buffet was excellent but our last night it was very average. We really enjoyed the arcade, racquetball, air hockey, mini golf, and the boat ride on the lake. We walked around the resort several times, went for a hike on the nature trail, spent some time looking for tony the tiger, overall we had a great time and cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you Bryan T! I’m glad that you enjoyed all the activities you mentioned.
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Long review but hopefully helpful!!
Me (26Yrs) and my boyfriend (31Yrs) went to Cove Haven this past weekend. I read most of the reviews on here before I went, and was a little worried. As we pulled up, we looked at eachother like, "what did we get ourselves into?". We got there around 1pm, way before check in time, and our room was ready - a great surprise! We stayed in the Harbour Tower, which is the cheapest of them all, but the only one with a balcony. We really wanted a balcony and I'm happy we chose that tower for that reason. The room was a little outdated, but clean - NOT musty or smelly. My one complaint about the room was when we walked in, the mini fridge was open with a towel in it which looked like it was soaked in juice. I immidiately called to have housekeeping come up. After 45 minutes of no one showing, we just cleaned it ourself - I packed a bunch of sandwiches that I didnt want sitting out. The next day we realized the fridge wasnt even cold. I called again and found out it wasnt even turned on! The power button was hidden under the wall and we had no idea the fridge was off. I was really upset about this because our drinks werent cold, and the sandwiches I packed were all garbage by now. Breakfast and dinner are included in the price, but not lunch. I really wanted those sanwiches for lunch or a snack without having to leave the room, and it, for a lack of better words, sucked that we had to throw them out and buy more food.
Anyway, we utilized the heart shaped jacuzzi, which was great - if you forget bubble bath you can get some at the gift shop. Actually, you can get anything you forgot at the gift shop - and downstairs from it theres a gourmet candy store which was amazing to me. I liked the round bed, but it was a little hard for my taste. The whole property looked luxurious for the 80's, a little outdated but really isnt a big enough deal to ruin your time! For dinner we requested to sit alone, I really didnt feel like making friends, ecspecially because of the fact that a majority of the people were older than us. The Italian buffet was pretty good. Strip nite was better-I really liked the chicken I ordered and my BF said the steak was good. Also the sundae station is awesome! We waited a good 30-40 minutes for our table that night - they told us there would be a wait, but after that much time went by I went back to the host stand and she got us to a seat right away (it seemed as if they forgot about us & there were a lot of open tables).
We did some of the activities that are included, the pool hall is pretty cool (even though the old romoantic music playing wasnt really my kind). The arcade with the mini golf looked a lil dingy, but not a deal breaker. We were a lil buzzed and had an awesome time playing mini golf, Wii, and ping pong. There's also these parrots in there that were cool! The outside pool was nice. You can get ice for your room in the cafe (w/ bags) or the pool hall (no bags for ice). Our room was in a really good location on the resort.
Everyone there was nice, people say hi as they walk by, which I'm not used to! Everyone there is in love, having a good time, and probably getting laid all weekend so people are happy LOL.
To conclude, I had an awesome weekend!! The only thing that really got to me was losing my sandwiches, and waiting 40 min to get seated. I wonder what the other 2 locations are like, and which i would like the best. We didnt get to do some of the activities I wanted to, but I think now I love my BF more than I did before haha.. It's a little corny, but cute and that is just fine! I would definitely go back if I got a better deal.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Krystle F, I apologize for the inconvenience with your refrigerator. I will let the departments know and review the problem. Thank you for the wonderful review and we hope to see you again!
Reading, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We went to Cove Haven for our 1 year anniversary.
We stayed in the Harbor Towers. Very nice room, and loved the door and balcony in our room (I do not believe any other rooms have a door outside-besides the front door). It was secluded and close to everything. Tub and shower were huge and we had no issues with hot water. The room was dated, but it was clean and did not smell musty. We loved the lights above the bed.
There was NO fireplace in our room as stated online- but we didn't miss it.
Food was good.
We enjoyed the bike riding, archery, paddle boats, speed boat ride, game room, etc...
It was nice to go and not be surrounded by children.
If you order the breakfast room service, you get champagne. Order OJ or Cranberry juice and you can mix your own drink.
You can rent adult movies $35 for a 24 hour period and a good selection of movies.
We really had an awesome weekend, and hope to do it again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your first anniversary and thank you for the review! We just checked online about the presence of fireplace in the Harbor Tower and couldn’t find where it was mentioned. If you are able to find it and email to us at PoconoRomance@starwoodhotels.com, we would appreciate it very much and immediately fix the error.
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We took a weekend getaway to Cove Haven. The resort amenities were adequate. There was golfing, bike riding, swimming, paddle boating in the lake, etc. We also went hiking within the area which was nice. I wasn't thrilled about the room though. It was dark, musty and the decor was from the 1980s. The bed wasn't very comfortable either. Dinner in the dining room was nice and the food and service were good. Afterwards you could watch the nightly entertainment or sit out on the deck with a glass of wine. Overall it was an enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
We are glad that you enjoyed so many activities with us! Thank you for your review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Honeymooners generally go for the Tower units but theres over seven steps and three levels.

The Garden Rooms are not your choice for asthmatics as the layout and A/C location are inadequate.

My favorite is the Fantasy, two steps and your own pool on flat land.

Juliettes are also great, dont offer your individual pool in your room plus they offer handicap units.

Once you park and unload, lock your vehicle. They do not want you driving around. Call #550 for the Chariot. Ask for p/u snd where you want to go. Easy and cintrolled vehicle on property roads where some ppl are out walking. Safety for everyone. Plus if your having a drink here or there you are not behund the wheel.

• Stayed July 2012
We appreciate all the tips!
Bayside, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is our second time staying at the Cove Haven Resorts, having visited Pocono Palace almost twelve years ago. I have to say that Cove Haven is the best! The cleanliness of the room (Champagne Tower), friendliness of the staff, and overall quality and presentation of the food is second to none. It was exactly what we needed as a little getaway and we were not disappointed. We were so impressed, that we booked our next stay already. We are looking forward to celebrating our 15 year anniversary and would definitely recommend this resort to any couple needing a little getaway. It is a great place to fall in love again!

Room Tip: After having toured the other room types while staying here, the Champagne Tower Rooms are the way t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We can’t wait to see you again!

Been to Cove Haven Resort? Share your experiences!