We were here during a long weekend in February when it happened to be snowing. The snow removal and salting basically ends where the county road ends. There is a reasonably long private road (I think). We were driving on more than two inches of snow for pretty much two whole days. We saw so many stuck cars through the two days - 2-wheel drive minivans mostly.
Now onto the resort. The parking lots were a complete nightmare. Cars stuck all over the place,
- the resort has a decent-sized indoor waterpark and there's no doubt that kids will have fun
- it is cheaper than other for staying overnight - at least for that long weekend
- the apartments are approx a mile from the waterpark but they are very spacious. Kitchen has enough equipment, heaters are individual and they work.
- the main resort lodge entrance area was a mess on the long weekend. wet areas everywhere (my toddler slipped once), very crowded lobby. parking was a mess, overflow parking was snowed in
- for the long weekend the number of lockers weren't enough
- food options are minimal but that's to be expected
- no towel rentals - again, to be expected
- nearest restaurants are 5+ miles away
I've heard other users talk about the Great Wolf Lodge chain that is supposed to be higher-end but many people might be priced out.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Split Rock Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Split Rock Resort & Golf Club Hotel Lake Harmony
- Split Rock Resort And Golf Club
- Hotel At Split Rock
- Split Rock Hotel
- Resort At Split Rock
- The Resort At Split Rock
- Split Rock Pa
- Split Rock Resort Pa
- Split Rock Lake Harmony