“Our anniversary weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Split Rock Resort & Golf Club

You added Split Rock Resort & Golf Club to your Saves list
Split Rock Resort & Golf Club
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   100 Moseywood Road, PO Box 567, Lake Harmony, PA 18624   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lake Harmony
newton
“Our anniversary weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed in Willow Brook , that is the newer of the buildings. What a great place that room was perfect. And had everything we needed for a long weekend.
Willow brook is a little pricey but it was worth it. The kitchen was fully equipped , there was a gas fireplace and in the bathroom was a multi jetted tub and a seperate shower.
The resort has a great H2O zone that you will want to stay the day there with 2 jacuzzis , a wave pool and water slides. My husband and I spent most of the day there just relaxing.
At the galleria they do have a theater ( just 1 movie ) game room and bowling lanes.
There are a few places to eat at the resort for just snacks to nice dinners.
If you are in the mood for golf the have a nice golf course.
This is the 3 rd time my husband and I have went to split rock resort and we will be going again next year.

Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and I recently attended a conference at the Split Rock Resort. Due to late registration we had to take a 'rustic' cottage. From the price I expected a lovely cottage overlooking Lake Harmony. WRONG Our cottage was one of three duplexes on a small road near the lodge with a view of the other cottages.

The interior is dark wood paneling, dark furniture and a dark rug. In the middle of the day with all the lights on, it was still dark inside the cabin. I believe it was clean, too dark to tell. The inside of the door had a few large spots of where there was no paint. The vinyl near the bath tub was curled up, and some of the furniture and tv looked like they came in with early Pennsylvania pioneers.

There are plenty of activities in the resort and you can participate in any of them...for an additional price. It seemed like everything was an extra charge. To top it off, the local landowners association levy a dollar charge every time you return from being off the resort property. Toll booths stand on both sides of Split Rock Resort eager to collect your toll.

Tonight I am in a Homewoods Suites in a lovely suite for two-thirds of what the rustic cabin cost. Glad I split from Split Rock.

Room Tip: Don't get a cabin.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

If you crave an indoor water-park on the East Coast and especially if a conference is planned or your group is large, Split Rock may be the venue of choice, but with an important caveat. Located in the area of Pennsylvania's Pocono's, with a vast array of indoor water facilities--pools, corkscrew slides, surfing, to name just a few -- summer's heat and winter's icy cold are irrelevant. Add to that a golf course, lovely walking and hiking areas, an indoor bowling alley and ample conference facilities, this sounds like a natural (especially since it is a mere 2 to 2 ½ hour drive from New York City and less from major New Jersey and Pennsylvania Cities). The catch is that rooms and public areas are a mess and the service is poor at best (prepare to carry your own bags). Decades must have passed since the rooms and public areas were last renovated (at least they look it). While the rooms are ample, dust-ridden couches and shameful furnishings spoil it. If you plan to spend your waking hours in the water, on the golf course or in the great outdoors, it works. We we were there with more than a hundred lovely folk whose good company overcame what would otherwise have been a major disappointment. With desperately-needed wholesale interior renovation and a service overhaul, Split Rock could be a winner; at present it isn't. Three stars is generous.

Room Tip: Prepare to carry your own bags.
Portland, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Arrived and greeted by friendly staff person but check in was slow! Went to unit in Willowbrook and found mice droppings in the kitchen area and the fireplace when turned on smelled bad from the gas. We went back to the check in staff and asked to me moved and why - they questioned us. Showed them pictures of the droppings - and they then seem to take it more seriously. It then took 30-45 minutes to move us or find us another suite. We went to the new unit and it was very clean - however, no dish soap, no paper towels, a fireplace not working and a broken lamp. I hated to report this as well. In addition, the place seem deserted which did not make sense as to how long it took us to be relocated - especially staying in the same building. The towel service provided states to leave them outside the door between 9-11 am (courtesy of once per week) which I did at 10 am with the note stating the number of each (hand, bath, etc) and by 2 pm no one came by to pick up and replace, so went out and bought laundry soap to do laundry.

The bedding was clean - but the pillows and mattresses are flat and hard. I wished I had at least brought my pillows from home. The tvs are old but ok.

It really is a pretty place but it seems low upkeep outside. I wish that they provided smoking areas away from the front of the buildings - I hate it when you have to walk through smoke to enter the building especially when your family member suffers from chronic bronchitis! Its not pleasant to have to be subjected to smoke.

I have read the other reviews and see that it use to be a nice place. We did over her a conversation at the desk that there would be layoffs - but to be honest - seems like a lot of staff about and not much work being done.

Room Tip: Read reviews.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Huntersville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The 80's are calling and they want their hotel back.  That is how I felt when I stepped in to the lobby of this hotel and then the hallways and rooms got worse.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a negative reviewer, but this hotel seriously needs an extreme makeover.  There were parts of the hotel I enjoyed but will not be returning nor will I be sending anyone there until a major renovation happens.

Ok, well let me tell you the good things first by saying the restaurant in the resort was better than expected.  The wine list was lacking but the food was well prepared and reasonably priced.  We went bowling the one night we were there and that area of the hotel was very nicely done.  They should have more of that.  We had to wait a little while to play but the area was redone and it was a fun place to hang out.  The water park, which was the main reason we picked the resort was not that crowded, but it also wasn't that big.  We had finished with it in about 3 hours.  The rides were well staffed and the staff was friendly.  We had an inside two bedroom suite which was clean but in serious need of a makeover.  It had lots of space.  Two bedrooms, a living area and kitchen but was so out-dated that I felt a little weird staying there.

Now unfortunately, for the negatives and the main reasons for not returning to the resort, firstly being the act that they charged an additional fee when we arrived for 2 additional water park passes. We ad 4 adults in a two bedroom suite that said included 4 water passes on the website but when we got there we were told that the rate that the agent quoted us on the phone only included 2 water park passes.  I have two issues with this, firstly we got to the resort at 2 pm, so if I just went to the water park and bought passes I found out afterwards I could have gotten twilight passes that would ave been cheaper than what the front desk charged. (the water park was closed the next day which the agent never told me when I booked so we had to go when we arrived at 2 and it closed at 6 so I paid full price for 4 people for 4 hours of water park with no way of using the passes the next day.  The second issue was that they closed the wave pool for 1/2 the time we were in the water park due to hygiene reasons (you can guess what I'm talking about). Very annoying.  The front desk was of no help when I complained about this.

As I said before the whole hotel is in serious need of an update , from the lobby to the rooms to the main pool.  The jacuzzi was closed as it was broken and needed repairs so that wasn't even an option for us.  We stayed in the main building so I cant comment on any of the other buildings.  They have huge tennis courts and space near the game room and bowling.  This needs renovation too along with the fitness center which really needed help.  I was expecting to see women in leg warmers walking around the gym.

We frequently go on weekend trips, but this one was a bust.  We always make the best of it and the $1.00 draft angry orchards while bowling were appreciated, they were not enough to make up for the $400 I spent for one night at this hotel.  I could have gone to Great Wolf for cheaper and the water park would have been much better.  The resort needs a major facelift and a little better customer service to win back my business

Room Tip: Wait until they renovate
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Whitestone, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed at Split Rock Resort from 10-13 to 10-15 for getwaway weekend with the family in a 2BR suite inside the galleria. The room although with outdated decor filled our needs nicely with full kitchen and 2 large bedrooms with plenty of closet space. The Game room looks pretty updated as the kids and I had a good time there. Although we didnt get to try the bowling it is updated and had neon lights for a party time atmosphere. The pool was ok, I wish it stayed open later than 10pm for the people who leave the resort during the day. I did not eat there because of the time spent outside but there are options there.

2 things bugged me though:
1) The $1 toll is a pain though.
2) Everytime the A/C kicked on or off it would make the TV flicker for a good second or 2.

Overall I would stay again especially with more of a group since there are plenty of amenities to choose from.

Landenberg, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We are just back from a our son's 16th birthday party at the Split Rock Resort. We felt that the room rates were very high but because of the reviews and the activities for the kids decided that it would probably be worth it. Well, it isn't. Split Rock Resort really "nickle & dimes" you to death. Just to get into the resort you have to pay $1 (every time you go in not just one time per day). To play basketball or tennis you have to pay $20 per hour, bowling is $8 per person per game. Thank god the pool was free but the hot tub jets were not working. The rooms are less than average but clean. The food is not up to par with the exception of the breakfast buffet. It is good and did come along with our room rate. Overall we (all 6 of us) agreed that we would never go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Split Rock Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!