“airbud” 5 of 5 stars

+1 800-255-7625
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: H2Oooohh Indoor Water Park is complete with 2 tube slides, a raft slide, 2 body slides, wave pool, lily pad crossing, in-water basketball, 2 hot tubs, snack bar, adult bar, and flow rider surf machine! No hotel room required; walk-ins are welcome! Grab your towel and come enjoy 84 degrees of fun!
New York City, New York
“airbud”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

a home away from home relaxing comforting entertaining restful the service was excellent the game room was fun enjoy the atmospher of laughter the staff was helpful attentive enviromrnt was clean food was well cook and delicious the pool was clean pool towels were clean and fresh worth your money

Visited February 2013
Luke B, Manager at Split Rock Resort Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thanks for the review raipaul s! We hope to see you again soon!

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Waterpark not nearly as bad as reviews!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Gave the wife a well-deserved weekend off, and took both daughters (10 & 12) for a weekend to stay at Split Rock Resort and visit the H2OOOO waterpark. After reading all the reviews, I was VERY apprehensive, but wanted to see for myself (especially when compared to places like Great Wolf Lodge, which is insanely-expensive during the winter months).
We stayed at the Galleria, which is connected to the waterpark, for the convenience and abundance of activities (food, bowling, arcade, indoor tennis, segway riding, indoor hotel pool). The room was very good, we had a woods view, it was large and quite clean; sure, there's a ton of kids in the hotel hallways, etc, but after all, it's a WATERPARK and resort. Besides, my kids love to interact with others their age anyway. We had no issues with the cleanliness, noise, or access to the amenities. Only problem with the hotel side was that the pool smelled like urine...my kids went in and came out just a few minutes later both complaining about it.
As for the waterpark itself, I found it to be clean, fun, and very busy but not overcrowded. Longest wait (like most waterparks) was for the flow-rider, but even then there's a full-service bar right next to this attraction, so Dad can have a few beers while waiting for his daughter's turn in line for serious bogey-boarding...plus the beer's not expensive ($2.50/can), quite reasonable in that type of setting. All three of the slides (4 stories high) were fun, two of them are dark and one of them has large rafts big enough for the entire family. Lines there went pretty quickly, average wait time was around 5-10 minutes.
Definitely try the wave pool, water basketball, and waterfall bucket...my girls loved the place.
Tickets aren't cheap ($35 each), but I don't know many waterparks where they are; H2000 is at least clean (and I have pretty high standards), has plenty of lifeguards whom all seemed attentive and pleasant, good snack and meal options at a reasonable price, and I already mentioned the bar...awesome bartenders as well!
Overall, it was a rather pricey weekend (around $500 all-in for 3 people staying just Sat. night), but you pay for the convenience and range of activities. A great treat for kids.

Visited February 2013
Thanks for the review LBIslanderJim! I’m so glad you and your family had fun at Split Rock Resort and H2Oooohh!! Indoor Water Park! This is the experience we strive to provide (except the foul smell of course, that’s been addressed).
Levittown, New York
“Absolutely awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My family and I went over Presidents' Day weekend. We had traded a timeshare to stay here. Park was small, dirty, and filled to capacity. We arrived 20 min after opening and there were no seats or tables left. The place was an overpriced joke.

We stayed in the willowbrook section of split rock and our room was also dirty and dated. There was pubic hair in the tub, tea kettle was rusty and just not what my family was used too

Front desk people were clueless and no help at all

I would NEVER return here

Visited February 2013
I’m sorry the water park was not up to your expectations Michelle M. President’s “weekend” is the busiest weekend of the year for several venues in the Poconos, H2O Indoor Water Park included. This being said seating does become limited as it is available on a first-come-first-served basis. As for cleanliness our housekeeping team was out in force that week but we will investigate to see if there are any ways we can improve.

I must admit I’m surprised you found the Willow-brook units dated as most of the complex is less than 5 years old. I am sorry the cleanliness of your room was not up to standard and, rest assured, this has been reviewed with the housekeeping team.

We hope you will give us a shot again in the future. If you would like to discuss anything in your review in more detail please feel free to contact me at luke.borowy@splitrockresort.com.
“Excited to go to the Waterpark but was disappointed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I will never visit again! My daughter and I went to Split Rock for the day while my husband was snowboarding. It was very out dated but i didnt mind because we were just there for the day to have fun. I sat in the kiddie pool section while she played for a few hours. The staff is not friendly and looks miserable but that isn't even the worst part. My legs started to itch when I got out of the kiddie pool to enjoy lunch with my 2yr old. We left shortly after lunch and by time we got home 3hrs later my legs were covered in an itchy rash. It turns out I got swinmer's itch from the pool being dirty. The only reason my daughter didn't get it was bc I showered her right after she got out of the pool and again when we got home. She did however have diarrhea from ingesting a little of the water while playing. So disappointing

Luke B, Manager at Split Rock Resort Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
I’m sorry your visit did not meet expectations Easycheese331. If you would be so kind please contact me at luke.borowy@splitrockresort.com regarding the appearance of the staff at the water park. We take pride in our service at H2Oooohh so I certainly would like to know which staff I need to address about their behavior and appearance.

Prolonged exposure to chlorinated water may cause adverse allergic reactions to those guests with sensitive skin. We recommend that for general health reasons guests take a shower before entering the water and prior to leaving the park. This is likely the cause of your discomfort and explains why your daughter did not encounter similar symptoms. The chlorine levels in the Kiddie pool would have completely killed any bacteria or parasites. Our water is also tested weekly by a third party vendor for the presence of any infectious agents. We have passed all state health and water inspections since we opened in 2008.

I’m very sorry you were disappointed with your visit and hope you will give us another try in the future.
Roanoke, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
“Go to water park but don't stay at Split Rock Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We were staying st the resort aweful experience I will never stay there again. We went to water park kids had a great time, we went two different days. We had the same problem on the height my daughter was measured at front received the band on wrist and depending on who was operating the slide she would be allowed or not, I told the boy we paid for her to slide and he said this one time only, silly we had to wait for them to rotate to let her go again. I meant to complain but forgot in the crazyiness to get gets dried and dressed before going outside in snow. The kids enjoyed all the slides, the wave pool didn't last long, it would run for a while and then you had to wait for it to start up again. The kids tried the water surfing but got thrown around too much one of my boys had a busted side where it threw him up against the wall I guess he didn't have enough weight to keep him on the board, luckily they only did that once. Even grandma and granddaddy enjoyed the water park soaking in the hot tubs and watching all the activities and watching the bucket dump on an unsuspecting passerby. They didn't block you from bringing outside food which was nice it saved us alot of money, it actually encouraged me to buy things from their snack shop. We got there right when it opened and stayed at least six hours we had a lot of fun.

Visited December 2012
Thanks for the review 5freebirds, we’re glad everyone had a great time! I’m quite sorry for the confusion regarding your daughter riding the tube slides. Guests less than 42” tall are not supposed to ride those slides as there can be safety issues. The lifeguard staff has been addressed regarding this instance.

I’m sorry to hear one of your boys was injured, how is he? In the future please feel free to contact a lifeguard so we can be sure to help.

For safety reasons we do ask guests to refrain from bringing in outside food. A Snack bar is available inside the park as you mentioned. The neighboring Galleria Complex also has a Pizza stand.

Again I’m really glad to hear everyone had a fun tie and we hope to see you again in the future!