“Good spinach salad, at a cost” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cary, North Carolina
“Good spinach salad, at a cost”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

My lunch spinach salad was very tasty but it seemed a bit overpriced at 11.99 or 12.99. Adding chicken was $4 and salmon was $6. Didn't make any additions because didn't know how much meat I would get.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Happy New Year! Especially the Prime Rib!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We wanted a small, intimate new years eve dinner, and we were so happy we came here. The owner gave us homemade spiked egg nog complimentary. It was amazing. Then we ordered the chef's special - prime rib - and we were not disappointed. It was tender, succulent and delish. My friend had salmon and she loved the shrimp sauce. For dessert we had the warm chocolate cake and the cheesecake. All are homemade on premise. Again, the dessert was the best I have had anywhere! This is a great spot for fun and food that is as good as center city.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Spring House, Pennsylvania
“Great Burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We love this saloon. It's not near our house but we try to make the drive at least once a month. It's all about the burgers for us. Sure, the beer selection is good and the atmosphere feels cozy but the burgers are outstanding... 5 stars outstanding. It's definitely one of the best burgers I've ever had. As others have said it's not cheap but for what you get it's a good value. It's a big 10oz Angus burger on a fresh Brioche roll cooked to order. For $11.99 You get to choose 3 toppings (American, Cheddar, Provolone, Swiss, Blue Cheese, Pepperjack Cheese, Goat Cheese, Salsa, Bacon, Mushrooms, Onions, Red Peppers, Avocado, Chimichurri sauce, Guacamole) if you want more than 3 it's an additional $2 each. It comes with fries or a salad. I've never tried the fries but the salad is generous and the homemade house dressing is bonkers good. I typically order cheddar and bacon on my burger and get my third topping (Goat cheese) on the side to use in my salad (with extra dressing of course) and I'm always happy. The onion rings are the real deal... not the frozen, mass produced rings that some places serve. The Lucky Dog does a excellent job of redefining what pub food can be and it's worth a visit if you're looking for good food and drink. FYI: If crowded it can get a bit loud.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Stopped in for lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

A co-worker and I stopped here for lunch. We decided to sit at the bar. The bartender's lack of service was pretty bad considering there was only one other person at the bar. Our order was partially wrong, we had to ask for several things repeatedly, and she was not a friendly person. Maybe she was having a bad day and took it out on us. Food was just OK... In no rush to go back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia
“Great place for lunch.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We have been coming to the LD for many years for lunch. Always excellent with great service. Today I had the Chicken Quesadilla which was outstanding and my friend had the French dip which he enjoyed. It's time to come for dinner soon.

• Visited November 2013