“Great menu and atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Brittingham's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Brew Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Brittingham's mission is to create a place where guests stay long, enjoy fully, and leave reluctantly. To that end, we've built the restaurant we always wished for: A cozy pub at the heart of the community, offering classic American food with unexpected twists and global influences. A modern bar supplying an astounding array of craft beers and imports, unique whiskeys and bourbons, approachable wines by the bottle and glass, and innovative cocktails that give you a new angle on the evening. An innovative calendar of entertainment, from World Soccer to local live bands. And a warm, first-class staff that makes you feel welcome every minute you're here. Every delicious bite is made from scratch, using classic techniques and folding in flavors from around the world. We carefully choose products that are fresh, local, seasonal and delicious. Menus change with the seasons to take advantage of what's best and freshest right here and now. Even the tables were hand-built locally from reclaimed woods by craftsman John Duffy of Stable Tables. We excited to share the new Brittingham's with you. Come see us soon and often, and like our Facebook page to keep current with events, specials and changing menus. Sign up here for special email invitations, news and events. We are your pub and we would like to hear your thoughts.
casey5508
“Great menu and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

My husband and I recently went to Brittingham's for lunch. We had not been there since they underwent a major remodeling and the place looks fabulous! The soup on the menu is a wild mushroom chowder was fabulous and the service was great. We will definitely go back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia
“Great lunch and menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

My wife and I finally got around to the newly remodeled Brittinghams and were very impressed with the service, the menu and the new digs. There are 4 bars including one on a nice new deck. Pleanty of TV's and nice appointments. We had a really great Mushroom Chowder, and excellent Burger and a nice light salad. We had a good experience.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“missed the "charm"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

while this establishment needed a makeover, and the work done looks nice, the food is not up to par.

Visited January 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Average, not as good as the hype.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Nice decor, but to crammed and very loud. Food was ok and we're small portions for the price. Most likely would only go back to enjoy the outside seating area.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Worcester, Pennsylvania
“Out with the Irish Pub, in with the fancy decor and average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I had been to the "old" Brittingham's pub several times. The bartender was great, and you got used to that dark bar room and extremely dated living room. It went along with the Irish theme, though with so much clutter hanging from every wall and ceiling beam, I always felt it never had a clean feeling. Not something I want from a place where I'm ordering food. I had read the old pub was sold and a renovation would take place.

Fast forward to present- Went for lunch this weekend and WOW, the updates are a huge change! I felt like I went from dining in an underground cave to a Restoration Hardware that serves food. They added another bar in what used to be the Grandma-like dining room. Very clean, light, open, and modern with fantastic fixtures. Let's be honest though; what use is the window dressing if the food and service are still average?

I ordered the flatbread and he ordered the short rib sandwich. My flatbread was decent, the bread itself being a little more chewy than crisp. His sandwich was basically a chopped up steak sandwich. Fries as a side were $4, served in a little metal pail. The servers seemed to be the same young crew that staffed the old Brittingham's. Nice, but lacking the finesse an establishment like this would probably want after fancying up the decor and providing valet service. The lunch menu was slightly limited, but with enough choices to please vegetarians, etc.

I have not tried out the bar area yet or any of the outdoor areas. I'd love to come back during warmer weather to check it out. I'd give the renovations an A, but the food and service still leave something to be desired.

• Visited January 2014