“A Wonderful B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Main Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kutztown
Main Street Inn
401 West Main Street, Kutztown, PA 19530   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Kutztown B&B and Inns
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
“A Wonderful B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I am a local resident who lost power for several days during hurricane Sandy. Many of the local hotels near Allentown were full. Then I remembered the Main Street Inn - just a few minutes away from my house. Pam had a room for me and I am so glad she did! The place is great - from the baked goodies waiting for me upon arrival to the wonderful room. I have stayed in many B&B's and this one really ranks high. Several times in the room, I thought, I wish they had something...and there is was! Nice tissues, cold water, clothing hooks, and places to put your things - they were all there! Pam has put lots of thought into the little things that really make a stay wonderful. Breakfast was great as well - I really felt spoiled staying here while the power was out at my home - it really took my mind off of things. I have driven past the Main Street Inn hundreds of times and wondered what is like – now I know it is awesome!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Shena C, General Manager at Main Street Inn, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thanks for the review. My mom definitely has an eye for the details. Was the devil when I was younger, but now I am glad I got her genes. Glad everything worked out for you after the hurricane and we could help out in whatever ways possible. Don't be afraid to stop in and say hi anytime you're passing by. The goodies are always available. :)

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

What a beautiful memory for our family. Pam Corrado and her staff created a extraordinary setting and experience for our us as we celebrated the engagement of our son Lou and his fiance Nicole. We will never forget the day, the excellent service, delicious food, and the kindness of the staff. We thank everyone at the Inn for helping to create a beautiful memory as we celebrated this occasion with family and friends . "Enter as strangers and leave as friends---feels more like you are part of a family!" Thank you Sheena and Pam for all you did.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Awe! Thanks so much. You are more than welcome and we loved meeting you and your family as well. The chocolate covered strawberries were amazing and completely unnecessary, but highly appreciated. Hopefully we will still get to see you from time to time even though you are so close. Keep in touch!
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is truly one of the nicest Inns I have ever stayed in. The owner could not have benn more friendly and accomodating! The room as even nicer than I expected. I can honestly say it is actually nicer than the photos and the description online. We only wish we could have stayed longer and enjoyed the lovely outdoor areas as well!. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Awe. Thanks so much. I am so happy to hear you think it is even more beautiful in person. If only they would invent some virtual technology cheap enough that everyone could do virtual reality tours. We are on to something. :)
Towanda, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I first stayed at Main street when my daughter wanted to visit KU. I have been back now 3 times, knowing full well, I will have many more returns as my daughter is attending KU! Pam, the owner, makes the place like a home...one that you could stay at for a long time. The hospitality is awesome, the rooms are beautiful and cozy, the breakfast -- oh my! The one time I stayed, I was there by myself as my daughter was staying on campus for orientation...I took the whole day and walked from one end of the town to the other. I went into every shop, met owners and workers, had conversations with them all. It was the most relaxing day & stay that I have had in a long time. It's a small town with a lot going on in it and raving about such a small area and a bed and breakfast may seem over the top, but I have done some traveling in my time across country...out of the country...stayed in nice resorts etc. But if your home is where your heart is....you will absolutely love this place! I don't have to go far to be able to relax and enjoy life just as it is ...3 hours away that's it and its so worth it.

Room Tip: I've stayed in 3 different rooms now...all great!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so much! I'm glad we were able to make you feel like you're at home. My mom really encourages us to make it feel as comfortable and relaxing as possible for all of our guests. And I am glad you go to enjoy the town on a beautiful day. Every business and owner unique in their own way. Hope to see you back here soon!
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Every time I re-visit Kutztown to relive my glory days with fellow alumni, we stay here. The food is phenomenal, and having access to the kitchen makes you feel right at home. We stayed in 3 rooms so far and loved them all, but I will pick favorites and say that staying upstairs and having access to the balcony was the best overall. They think of everything here, from a jar of bath salts next to the tub, to having a waffle maker in the kitchen.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for the rave, repeat review. I agree that the balcony is great, especially when travelling in groups because you can all get together on the balcony regardless of which rooms you are in. We'll see you next time you're in town!
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The Main Street Inn is a truly wonderful spot for couples, business travellers and friends. You will be greeted warmly by the owners and treated to uncommonly good hospitality. The rooms are very nicely appointed, impeccably clean and very well lit. The fresh cooked breakfast in the morning is cooked to order and absolutley delicious. Don't be bashful about asking for an espresso or capuccino to accompany your meal....they're prepared for just about anything!
During warmer weather, you can enjoy your breakfast al fresco by the fountain on the terrace. If, however, you stay there this winter, I recommend the charming Wanner Suite which has fireplaces in both the bedroom AND the very spacious bathroom!! You will not find better accomodations anywhere in the vicinity, so I strongly recommend the Main Street Inn in Kutztown.

Room Tip: I recommend the charming Wanner Suite which has fireplaces in both the bedroom AND the very spacious...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much. I love that you referred to us as "old fashioned hospitality"! And I highly agree that the Wanner is one of our favorites, too. Balcony in the warmer months. Fireplaces in the colder. Hope to see you again soon!
Feasterville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was our first time staying at the Inn, and it was an amazing experience. From the beautiful decor, to the friendly owners, this truly was a fantastic time. There was always an aroma in the air of something delicious baking. The owners couldn't be anymore gracious to us. The rooms are meticulate with the utmost comfort and decor.
As long as my daughter attends Kutztown, I will try and get there again.
thank you.

S Connelly, Feasterville, Pa

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for the wonderful review. Hopefully your daughter will keep attending Kutztown and we will be seeing more of you throughout the next few years.

Been to Main Street Inn? Share your experiences!