“DUMP!!!” 1 of 5 stars

RD 6, US 422 East, Kittanning, PA 16201   |
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Kittanning
“DUMP!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Beware!!! This has to be the most disgusting hotel we have ever stayed at.. Actually it doesn't deserve to be called a hotel/motel it's a dump!! Every inch from top to bottom is filthy, we actually had to buy a bath mat just to step foot in the shower and walked with shoes on the entire time. The locks on the doors did not work and there were nothing but shady/scary looking men in the other rooms.. Not safe!! The only positive is that we were refunded our money for the second night. There was no way we were going to stay another night. Choice Hotels should be ashamed to even put their brand name on this disgusting dump!

• Stayed October 2012

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
York, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Place is dirty, moldy, smelly and should be torn down as another review already said. They had awards sitting in the lobby which is a joke. They talk about these awards on there webpage which is nothing but false statements through out. We had to stay here because all the other hotels were full. We were in Kittanning for a wedding and live 5 hours away and had to sleep in this hole. We should have stayed in Indiana just 35 min. away instead. I woke up itchy, took a shower in the morning and one in the afternoon once I got home and I was still itchy the next morning after that. this Place should be burned to the ground.

Room Tip: Your better off sleeping in your car. It's not even fit for your dog.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

Awful!!! Sink would not drain and leaked sewage, ceiling was moldy, roof was caving in, bathtub was brown and looked like it had never been cleaned, and there were cigarette burns on the comforter, blanket, and floor.... absolutely awful! I have backpacked through South America and thought I had seen the worst until I stayed at this place. Unbelievably disgusting! Complete Dump!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Akron
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

I wish we would have known there were 2 other hotels we could have stayed at in Kittanning. This place reminded me of place for heroin addicts. It was awful. My daughter couldn't sleep. She was afraid she would see bugs. Everything was stained, including the sheets. I couldn't believe the site of the bathroom. We chose not to shower. And the funny thing is it has a sign up that says how its a star worthy place!! lol. Do not go here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
EXTON, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

The husband and I had to break down and stay at this place. We were headed up to a neighboring town for an auction and at the time, we thought this was the only place to stay. We didn't realize Indiana was right down the road and had much better places. Nevertheless, we get to this place, there's nothing but truck drivers parked in the lot but we saw a sign hanging that said "Platinum Members" and also that there was a "bridal suite" so we thought there may be some hope afterall. Well, we got to the room and it was so-so, outdated but would have to do. I figured it would be ok just to sleep there and leave in the morning ASAP. In the morning, I took a shower in a dingey, grungy, mildew infested shower and felt like I needed to shower again after that hard-water nightmare. Not only that, there were gobs of hair stubble all over the sink and faucets. I've never felt so dirty in a hotel in my life. Needless to say, you pay nothing, you get nothing. Oh yeah, and the pillows were absolutely terrible. Unless you want disappointment, don't stay here. I can't even understand how there could be a birdal suite at a dump like that! yikes.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

Only stayed here since nothing else was available. Little to say we would have been better off staying in our car. The office was closed when we got there (late) and an envelope was taped to the front door with our name on it. So much for privacy. The room was a pit. It stunk. The mattress was old and there was an outlet with a plug right behind our pillow. Glad I didn't go to bed with wet hair. The outside of our room had pizza boxes and beer cans on the window sill. Our daughter tried to take a shower and kept screaming because of all the bugs crawling out of the shower. The whole bathroom was moldy. The "breakfast" was a joke. Waffles and English Muffins. Tubs of Country Crock to share with everyone. Instant coffee. One gallon of imatation OJ. No milk. It was so bad that we cancelled for the next night and had to travel 25 miles to a different hotel that was twice the price but well worth it. The staff stood outside and smoked. Two thin towels and one wash cloth.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2009

There were no problems with checking in, the young man at the desk was nice. Other than that, it was all downhill. The parking lot was a complete sheet of ice, it was very dangerous for anyone to be walking on it. The room was not the cleanest I've seen for what we were paying for one night. For three people staying you would think they could spare an extra towel or two. We had two bath towels, one hand towel, one wash cloth. The toilet ran ALL NIGHT ... couldn't get it to stop !! Next morning, we showered and then noticed on the mirror from the steam some dirty language left behind, so the mirrors were not clean. We go to get breakfast at 8:30 a.m and everything was GONE .. the man sitting at his computer said we got there too late, the orange juice had all been drunk. He did not even bother to offer anything or if they had any more available. I think his computer was more important than his guests. Now this is to be a continental breakfast up until 10 a.m or so and they ran out of juice ? There was one container of jelly and peanut butter if we wanted either of those on muffins ! Who wants to use, with who knows how many other people, jars that had been touched over and over ??? I was very disappointed but as I said in the subjec line "What do you expect for $52 a night ? " .. We were only staying one night and I was glad we were leaving the next day !!!!! We will not stay there again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!