“Wow, a hidden gem in Upper Bucks County ! A++” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European, Continental
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Warminster, Pennsylvania
“Wow, a hidden gem in Upper Bucks County ! A++”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Our office staff had business near Cascade Lodge and we heard of the place, but never ate there before. We'd figure we would give it a try. The decor is a "homey/comfortable" place. Not new and glitsy, a reminder of going back in time to an establishment.
We checked the menu and 5 of the 8 of us chose our dinners. The other 3 have special diaetary issues and the Chef was more than accomidating to taylor/customize the other 3 meals. We all were impressed with the freshness of the salads, the quality of the main entrees and the deserts were fantastic home made "to die for".
We have decided that with the excellent service & food, and the price (it's a bargan compared to the Lehigh Valley and Philadelphia markets) we will have our monthly meetings at Cascade. Cascade is truly a diamond in the rough! A++

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Naples, Florida
“felt like an episode of scooby doo!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

I took my fiance and my three teenage children for a "fine dining" experience. I have been to the Lodge twice before -- several years ago. Everyone with me had never been and so I was looking forward to exposing them to what I remembered as a wonderful dining experience. I was pleased when their faces lit up upon seeing the lodge. What I remember most about Cascade Lodge was arriving in the evening to see the lodge lit up -- perched on the side of a mountain. The excitement soon faded when we noticed there were only two other cars in the parking lot. This was surprising as it was 7 pm on a Saturday evening. Nevertheless, we got out of our vehicle and headed towards the restaurant. The kids were excited to see all of the trout swimming in a stream alongside the entrance. When we walked in, all of us noticed the age of the place but weren't bothered. We were still hopeful. Next, a waitress (cook, bartender, coat person, etc.) came by and seated us, took our coats. Instead of alarming us, we were charmed by the rustic interior (perhaps a better indicator of things to come than we knew).
The server seemed bothered by us and slammed all of our drinks and appetizers down on the table. We were happy when another server came by to help us with our orders. My son was particularly excited by the underground trout stream and asked if he was allowed to pick his own trout. The waitress seemed somewhat bothered by this idea but agreed to take him to the trout stream in a few minutes. The whole table was curious about the stream and so we all trailed the waitress and investigated the stream. Again, we were exposed to all the nooks and crannies of the lodge and were becoming increasinly less impressed. My son chose his trout and the waitress told us seh would take the trout upstairs and prepare it.
While our appetizers weren't too bad, all of our meals (except mine) were horrendous. I am CONVINCED the trout they served was not fresh. It tasted absolutely awful and my son was unable to finish it.
The girls had crab cakes and lamb. The crab in the cakes tasted old and the lamb had the strangest flavor. My fiance's filet tasted like liver. ICK. And my duck was very good but a little scary as all of the other food appeared to have been sitting for a while.
Overall, we had a great time, mostly for the effect of the lodge. It was not a fine dining efeect but felt more like we were characters in an episode of Scooby Doo, visiting a dilapidated mansion that once was grand. It was a 300 dollar cruel but funny joke.
I would not ever recommend going to this place for a special occasion but if you would like a laugh and an entertaining cast of characters to watch, try an appetizer or two on a Saturday evening.
Next time, it's Cavallo's or Bolete as Cascade Lodge has seen MUCH better days!!

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Hidden Gem!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

We had the pleasure of eating a terrific meal last night at the Cascade Lodge. This "hidden gem" in Kintersville, Pa. is one not to miss. Upon first arriving, we were not sure if we were in for a treat or a bust! The decor is a bit antiquated and there did not seem to be too many people there. We were seated in the back dining room with views of the surrounding countryside. The chef greeted us and made our evening, unforgettable. The food was delicious and the service, fantastic. The freshest of ingredients was used and each and every course, delectable.
So for anyone who did not have a pleasant experience, maybe you were having a bad day. As for our party of six, it was WONDERFUL........

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
new jersey
“cooked in front of me!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

my wife and i went for her birthday. the three course dinner was cooked at our table(ceasar salad, steak dianne and bananas foster). there is No place around that does this.

Visited July 2011
Bucks County Pa
“A little bit of this and that”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

At the entrance you will be greeted by a scary fake fortune teller pointing to the upper room. The Owner/chef/server was at first rude blasting us as locals who don't support his restaurant. My thought was to turn around and walk but we didn't. Seated at the window over looking the trout pond was pleasant as fisher people we enjoyed that. The onwer began to settle down and became too chatty. We were the only couple later joined by two others. Food was very good but a bit $$$. Chef interacted very well with a young person allowing him to help prepare his desert. Won't be regulars but will go back.

• Visited April 2011