“DoubleTree Valley Forge is OK” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   301 West DeKalb Pike, King of Prussia, PA 19406 (Formerly Dolce Valley Forge Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 20%
Ranked #7 of 16 hotels in King of Prussia
Saint Louis, Missouri
“DoubleTree Valley Forge is OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

It 's not luxury but the Doubletree in Valley Forge serves its purpose. Helpful staff, adequate restaurant and reasonably comfortable rooms all make for a pleasant business stop. I was surprised that the coffee in the lobby was for sale and not a service, but then again this is a Doubletree.

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Martinsburg, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Everything was nice and clean. Workers seemed over worked but pleasant. Parking is far away. Dining experience good. Hotel gave one free ticket for the buffet. Great breakfast choice. So if you are staying for more than a day and want a reasonable price breakfast you may have to leave the hotel. I wanted to come back but the breakfast buffet was $15.00/.What???

McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We arrived Monday while guests were checking out after the nearby US Open. We had requested an early check in and got there about 12:15. Our room was not ready and we had a lot of stuff, plus my husband is handicapped. They loaded all of our stuff onto a bellman's cart and we didn't wait too long before the room was ready. Al helped us up to the room, as I was playing bridge at 1:30, had to rush off. Al also helped my husband get into my friends' car and helped us with his walker. I thought I lost something in the room and the maid cleaned very carefully. Make sure to join Hilton Honors before you go there. It will get you a free continental buffet breakfast or for $5, all of the hot foods, including eggs made to order.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Voorhees, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is decent hotel, but it is nothing special. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The beds are (very) comfortable. The television/entertainment center was confusing and difficult to use. The internet service was spotty. I would stay here again, but I would hardly be sad if the inn were booked and I had to stay elsewhere in the area.

Henderson, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed there during the US Open. It is a lovely hotel and the USGA arranged a shuttle every day to the Merion golf course. It has a mediocre bar and a less than that dining room. Both have excellent servers but the "chef" (using that term very loosely) should go dig ditches. Check in was a circus of the enept...I got my warm cookie but it was beyond cold before our reservation was found. Our room was very nice but not cleaned appropriately with crumbs and dust in out of the way areas. We left our room each day at around 8am and returned at 4pm...it was not made up and the housekeeper told me she has to clean 17 rooms a day and that is why ours was not done....guess we were to be #17. When it was made up, it was sloppy and no towels. Upon leaving we apprised the manager there is a problem there and she seemed very distressed by that and I feel she is going to get to the bottom of it. I am sure of it! But sure would be a blessing to guests of that dining room and bar got a turn around.

Room Tip: I usually choose Embassy Suites....only had one bad one out of perhaps 40 stays with them...that is...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is a hotel in which I've had over 15 stays at for business and i recommend this hotel for both family and business travelers. This hotel meets standard Doubletree by Hilton service and quality.
- All the rooms I've stayed at were clean and spacious. This chain of hotels do not offer in-room microwaves or a fridge, however they do offer a good dining area with decent variety of food. As a Hilton Hhonors member, I always get a free drink in the evening and free full breakfast. Some of the bathrooms are bigger than others, however they are always clean and I actually like and use the shampoo, conditioner, and lotion, as I like the smell and the items are of decent quality as I usually bring my own items in almost all other hotels I stay at.
- The main lobby, and dining area is spacious, clean, and up-to-date. There is a coffee station to the left as you face the check-in counter, and it is changed to water in the afternoons.
- The workout room is really spacious and open 24 hours. It is bi-level making 1 area devoted to cardio and the lower level that include some nautilus machines and free weights. I really like this area, because it just offers enough space for more than the typical cramped workout rooms in so many other hotels. These workout cardio and machines are all up-to-date and makes it inviting to workout with.
- In this same hallway, across from the workout room, there is a sitting area that is away from the lobby which is never used, but its nice to look at. Also, in the back is an outdoor pool area that is well maintained.
- The breakfast offers several different options in a buffet style, however I always order food from the chef and I pretty much help myself to get my own food for everything and the servers just bring you coffee or oj. The food at both dinner and breakfast has always been good food as well as the service.
- While this hotel is not close to the nearest major airport (PHL), everyone has a vehicle and like what other reviewers have noted, both check-in and check-out can be a long walk from where you park your vehicle to the front desk. However, on the 3rd floor, you can walk to a back door and have a much easier access to the parking lot. One downside is that the area immediately outside of this exit door almost always have over flowing trash and frequently I am dodging trash as I walk in and out of this back, but heavily used, door.
- While there are 3 shopping areas all within a very short distance, the most notable is the King of Prussia Mall, which is very large and has all kinds of stores and offers many dining options as well.
- While a key card is required to access your room floor, if you just take the stairs, you can access in and out of any floor without any security required, including access to and from the main lobby.
- Also, while everything else is clean and nice, the stairwell is poor and I almost always find dead bugs, left over food, and cigarettes on the stairs in many of the visits I have made. However, I am in the high minority that actually use the stairs and since it doesn't affect my room, sleep, service, and the great workout room, so I'm not going to let it affect my overall rating.
- Finally, I like this hotel, because the price I get for the rooms are cheaper than the Hampton Inn right down the road and so I'm getting more services at a cheaper price when I compare the two Hilton brands, there is no contest, I will select the Doubletree every time.

Room Tip: If you are given a room far away from the elevator, it is likely closer to the back door on the 3rd...
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was a Hilton years ago and it remains a decent place to stay. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and courteous; we were treated as Hilton Honors guests - something we don't always get (lately Hilton has been better at this). Breakfast was pricey, but very good.

I would have given an excellent review except for 2 things.

One, there was a towel in the bathroom with something on it - my wife thought it was lipstick. This is inexcusable.

Two, we returned to the hotel after 11PM and had some difficulty finding a parking spot - finally settling on a place in the dirt lot outside the lighting parameters. There was a large convention/meeting going on the next day, so I realize this was more or less out of control of the hotel property, but still......

That being said, this is still a nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge? Share your experiences!