“Week long visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   301 West DeKalb Pike, King of Prussia, PA 19406 (Formerly Dolce Valley Forge Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Shop Til You Drop
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Fulton, IL
“Week long visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in March 2013 while visiting the Laser Spine Institute for my back surgery. Everyone at the hotel was extremely helpful and went out of their way to offer superb service to us. We used the free shuttle several times and the drivers were very helpful with whatever we were looking for. The shuttle also delivered me to the clinic each day on time and also gave me a return ride. I stayed for 5 nights and I found it to be a great value. Thank You Double Tree staff!!!!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CarolineDeHart, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for being our guest while you were in town to have surgery at the Laser Spine Institute! I trust that you are feeling better and healing quickly! Thank you for the wonderful review; it is truly our pleasure to serve our guests. We hope to see you again, perhaps under better circumstances!

DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights on a leisure trip. Excellent value for money (booked thru Expedia). Rooms were comfortable and clean. Breakfast was 'ok'....only ok as when we were there, they had a very large group staying for two nights, and both mornings the 'egg chef' was taken off the buffet breakfasts to accommodate this group so you had to make do with the dried up eggs from the buffet. Staff very pleasant and polite.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge! I do apologize that you were not able to enjoy our usual breakfast with our wonderful omelet chef! We hope to see you again soon when you return to the area!

Sudbury, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I recently stayed at the Doubletree at Valley Forge and the people there are very nice and helpful.
Angela at the front desk was very pleasant and called me by name. She was more than willing to help with anything I needed.
I did had a slight problem in my bathroom, but it was taken care of with no worries.
I would stay at this hotel again with no second thoughts.
Thanks so much Doubletree at Valley Forge!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CarolineDeHart, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Coach C,

I look forward to seeing you on your next stay with us. I will make sure that Angela reads all your wonderful comments about her, as I am sure this will make her day. Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry about the mishap in your bathroom but am glad that we were able to correct it right away.

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at the Doubletree Hilton Valley Forge from 2/10/13 to 2/21/13. I came to have surgery done at the Laser Spine Institute. My first impression on the phone was a wonderful experience talking to James, who assured me I would be fine traveling there because the roads were clear. (We had feared a major snow storm in the area).

But when I walked into the lobby and saw those awful gross chairs in the lobby, I almost turned around and walked back out. I spoke with the general manager, Manesh and he assured me that some new chairs were on the way the next day. (although they never came the whole time I was there).They really take away from the Hilton name.

The staff however was the best.They made my stay worthwhile; James, Antonio, Aaron, Moe, Jermaine, Marcus, Chris, Mel, Rose, Mina, Mya, Angela, Sam, Newton, and Mindy made my stay a most pleasant one. I felt like I was on vacation instead of having surgery. They really made up for the other horrors of the stay. They went beyond the call of duty to make us feel welcome, like family and most comfortable.

We were in room 423 and there were bugs in the shower. Sam came and moved us by himself in the middle of the night to room 406. That room was better, closer to the elevator, had a much better view although the appearance of the room was not as good as 423. The bedspreads looked old and tattered and did not match.

It would also be a plus if there were towel racks in the bathrooms. Other than that the bathrooms were almost perfect, (loved the big shower, although the doors are in the wrong place). You get a cold shower trying to adjust the water temp.Very hard for me because I was not suppose to reach because of my surgery.

The heat in the room was hard to regulate; it was always too hot or too cold. It could not hold a temperature-the rooms were drafty, especially near the windows.

My husband is having surgery on his back in June and we plan to come back to the Doubletree Valley Forge only because of the staff. They were great; they made up for the other deficiencies. They made my stay feel like a vacation. If it were not for them I would not come back. I do hope the changes I suggested are made at that time. Please live up to the Hilton name. Make my next review all excellent, PLEASE!

Room Tip: The room close to the elevators seem to have a better view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CarolineDeHart, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Marie,

Thank you for being our guest during your visit to the area! I trust that your surgery went well at Laser Spine Institute and that you are continuing to feel better!

I appreciate your compliments to our staff, thank you for taking the time to notice each one of them.

We do have new furniture coming, it has started to arrive and will be displayed in our lobby by your next visit! Please feel free to contact me if I can do anything prior to your stay in June! Our staff is looking forward to hosting you again!

Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed at the Doubletree Valley Forge on 2/2/13 w/ my wife and 14 year old son. When my son pulled back the covers, he was horrified to find long black hairs, yellow stains, and even a small blood stain. Obviously, the sheets had not been changed. I immediately went down to the front desk and explained the situation. The lady at the front desk was very nice and apologetic and offered to have fresh linen sent up. About 15 minutes later staff showed up at my door with one set of clean sheets. No fresh pillow cases! I took photos of the filthy sheets but will refrain from posting them yet. I've complained via their website but have not received any response to date. IF YOU'RE BRAVE ENOUGH TO STAY HERE, BE SURE TO INSPECT YOUR ROOM THOROUGHLY!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CarolineDeHart, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Dan S.,

My deepest apologies for the condition of the bedding in your room, I would like to assure you that our standard is much higher than this. We hope that you will be willing to try another stay with us were you could see us living up to our standards. I am so sorry for the inconvenience during your stay and glad that the front desk was able to send new linens up to you. I will make sure that this is brought to our housekeeping director so that he can pay closer attention to this. Thank you for making us aware of the situation and helping us to live up to our standards.

Thank you for your feedback as this allows us to make sure that we are living up to our standard and our goals as a company.

Thank you for choosing The Doubletree, by Hilton Philadelphia- Valley Forge.

DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge? Share your experiences!