“Nice Stay - No Problems” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
San Jose, California
“Nice Stay - No Problems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

First off NO bed Bugs in my room. I was on the Lobby floor. My room since it faced into the middle of hotel had NO windows. At night I found myseld waking up just to see the time since there were no way till tell the time of day do to no windows. But the room was clean and modern. Plenty of towels. If you use the safe watch out being dinged $1.06 a day. I had that taken off my bill. The sprts bar chumley's is a good place for a beer and food.

The only downer is the location. Out in the middle of no-where. Best to have a car since you need to drive Everyware.

Proably the BEST workout hotel gym I ever have seen.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

I was staying in the area for the Bridge Tournament at the Valley Forge Convention Center. I only expected an average room at the Raddison, but the hotel did not meet even that criterion. The old air-conditioning unit was the loudest I have ever encountered. The closet-sized bathroom had neither an air vent nor an exhaust fan. The vanity sink (positioned near the door to the hallway) provided hot water or cold water, but not a mix of both! The digital display for the sleep number bed was not working. Requested wake-up calls were never received. I wanted to order a room service breakfast, but thought I would probably still be waiting for it!

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

The hotel finally accepted responsibility after my >$2000 laptop mysteriously disappeared from the bell closet that only the Radisson staff had access to. They obviously have staffing problems, for a busy weekend they had too few employees, plus they are between general managers. Security cameras in lobby are inadequate as well.
Their initial response to my loss was very slow, only after I called the local police did they start to attempt damage control, to make things worse after I got back home the hotel insurers said they were only liable up to a couple hundred dollars, adding insult to injury.
Completely ruined my family's weekend.

Fairfax, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

My son and myself were there for 5 days and it was brutal experience staying in a room without Windows. We travel a lot for Chess tournaments and this is the first time I felt terrible. My son fell sick on the 2nd day - not sure if it was to due to not much air circulation in the room or the stinky bathrooms in the Convention center which was not cleaned very often.
If a guest brings something up to the front desk staff that is concerning, it's their responsibility to resolve and not turn down the request, or atleast try to come up with some sort of paying back for the pain that the guests have to go through.
It hurts when there are other guests paying the same group rate for a different and nicer room on the high floors or at the topmost floor with nice view.
Hotel front staff (atleast 1 guy I spoke to) needs training to talk nicely to guests.
The front desk guy I spoke to was rude - His argument was that, we are paying for a reduced Group rate already and not paying the regular price. It meant as it those reserving on group rates will need to take all the crap and nonsense. They need to be careful what they speak out.
Carpets overall throughout the hotel need to steam cleaned thoroughly or completely renewed. They are dirty.
I had other complaints from friends staying in the Double-bed rooms above ground level and with windows that they weren't happy either. On top of the hot weather in July, there were quite a few problems with the Air Conditioners that broke in rooms and there were maintenance guys trying to fix them.
If you are there for the Convention Center, I would prefer staying at the Scanticon instead. Not sure about the quality of that hotel though.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
walkerbr, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, August 5, 2010
I do apologize if the particular room type was not made clear at the time of booking. The room is sold as a renovated windowless suite on the website. The rooms were recently renovated from top to bottom, and are a preference to many of our guests. We do understand that the windowless aspect is not something everyone is comfortable with, but we do offer 460 other rooms in the hotel that do have windows. We are always happy to move our guests to another room if requested, if and when another room becomes available.Thanks for your comments, we will continue our efforts to keep our guests happy. Be safe, and have a great day.
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for three nights while on a sight-seeing trip from England. I should say that the entire stay was 'free' as I had accumulated lots of loyalty points - hence I rated it top marks for value - maybe not if I'd had to pay for it!.
Arrival was a bit fraught as I think there have been some major road reconstruction which meant my satnav got a bit confused when we arrived at the location from the West.
On checking-in, we were assigned a lower level room which, when I queried, had no outside window. After some discussion, I was given a 'club' room on the 14th floor which I was pleased about.
the room was big and a rather strange shape, being a "slice" of the circular building. Disappointingly, there was no fridge in the room and the bathroom was really small - the sink/mirror being outside the bathroom. The sleep-numbered bed didn't work
Unlike other reviewers, we found it generally quiet.
The staff were friendly and helpful, particularly the lady in the gift shop who helped us with directions.
We didn't eat in the hotel except one morning we went to the Cafe for breakfast. The food was good, buffet-style and graded in price, so you didn't have to pay full rate if you didn't want a US-style carbohydrate-laden breakfast. My wife found the hostess in the Cafe a little over-familiar for her taste so we only went there once.
The wifi in the room was good and there was a well-equipped business centre, with printers!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Minehead, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

Overpriced hotel, offered superior room in basement with no windows and staff did not like the idea of moving us. We were moved to an inferior room at the same price. The place is old and outdated, the restaurants are very dark . you would do better elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Arlington, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

I stayed at this hotel to speak at a conference being hosted at the hotel. I was expecting a typical corporate cookie cutter hotel. That is not what I got. The building is round so there is your first unique experience when you drive up. The next unique experience was the "KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF" service. From the bellman in the entryway to the desk cleark who checked me in to the maintenance guy in the elevator that not only said hi but carried on an actual conversation. I ordered room service twice and after each delivery, got a call back to check on the quality of my food and to see if I needed anything else. On my checkout date, I called to ask for a late checkout. The guy who answered the phone (Brian) was both polite, comical and accommodating. The property might be a little long in the tooth, but it is well-maintained, clean and the service is better than in some 5 star hotels I have stayed in. I only wish I could have stayed longer because the King of Prussia Mall is nearby. If you are in the area stay here.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Hotel Valley Forge? Share your experiences!