“Great Location, Better Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Arlington, TX
“Great Location, Better Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

I stayed at this hotel to speak at a conference being hosted at the hotel. I was expecting a typical corporate cookie cutter hotel. That is not what I got. The building is round so there is your first unique experience when you drive up. The next unique experience was the "KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF" service. From the bellman in the entryway to the desk cleark who checked me in to the maintenance guy in the elevator that not only said hi but carried on an actual conversation. I ordered room service twice and after each delivery, got a call back to check on the quality of my food and to see if I needed anything else. On my checkout date, I called to ask for a late checkout. The guy who answered the phone (Brian) was both polite, comical and accommodating. The property might be a little long in the tooth, but it is well-maintained, clean and the service is better than in some 5 star hotels I have stayed in. I only wish I could have stayed longer because the King of Prussia Mall is nearby. If you are in the area stay here.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Raleigh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

The hotel is located near the King of Prussia Mall, follow your GPS closely, there are quite a few highways in the area, it is easy to get lost, if you are not familiar with the area. The hotel staff was very accomdating for our meetings. The hotel has been updated but the HVAC system can be a bit noisy at night. The hotel building is round in shape and that gives the rooms a pie style shape, which is unusual but a bit different from a typical box hotel. The rooms were good and had the sleep number air adjustable bed which was a different experience, all in all a good stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

My colleagues and I had the misfortune of our corporate travel department booking us into this hotel for three nights. After a long day of travel, I get to the hotel and can't check in because there are literally 100 or more college kids in line to check in - not a good sign. And this is a MONDAY night! I worked the remainder of the day and checked in that evening. I was given the choice of a room upstairs or a newly redecorated windowless room. Thinking that might ease the noise from the students, I stayed in one of these rooms. The room itself was very clean but then again, it was new. The "no window" thing didn't bother me because I was only there to sleep. the bathroom door opened into the shower stall area so you couldn't leave the door open when showering. The door barely cleared the sink edge. Then, the noise begins. The constant thump thump thump of the music was audible in my room until midnight. Then the children began their evening of nonstop drinking and other assorted events I could hear through my wall. The hotel did not plan well for this event; there wasn't enough security to handle a group of this size. And who has a formal event on a Monday evening, prime business travel time? The front desk told me, "We've hosted them before and they've never been this bad." Oh come on, these are college students, born to party! The only saving grace was the excellent service received in the food areas. If you're looking for fast food, forget it. You have to drive to the mall for any other food options Location was horrible. Bed marginal. Upkeep in public areas was fine, but lower level was horrible. I was expecting a Sleep Number bed as that's what Radisson advertises - no go. Oh, and the entry doors and the hallway to the lower level where my room was were in bad need of paint. You could immediately tell that this area was formerly a service area. The carpets in the hall were filthy, Suffice it to say our corporate travel person got an earful and we'll never be back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

I stayed at the Radisson Valley Forge on a Friday. There were several events and parties taking place. I was assigned to one of the windowless rooms. I was concern about the noise that all parties and events could have caused during my sleep. For my surprise, I had one good and silent night sleep. In the past, I have traveled to different places, and I always get interrupted because of the outside noise during a weekend. Here, there was non of that. The room had a fridge, microwave and a "Flat screen TV." I will go back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

This hotel has a night life on the Weekends and rooms adjacent. With no windows and a pounding sound coming from the nightclub, I felt like I was 21 out for the evening however in this case, I was trying to get some rest after a night of set up for a trade show. When I called the front desk and no other rooms were available, I then asked if they had any "white noise' machines, i.e fans, or other types of machines that could drown out the music. Nothing...
Overall the hotel is nice enough, just stay out of the basement....

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Taunton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

Great hotel! Nice rooms great food. On checkout day we needed to check out a bit late due to classes we were taking at a convention in the hotel. Thomas Boyd assured me it wouldn't be a problem which made the last day of our stay very stress free!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

As I prepared for my checkout I was overwhelmed with luggage, gowns in dressbags, items from our hospitality room and more. I requested a bellman to assist me. To my pleasant surprise a bellman arrived promptly, loaded over a dozen items on the cart as I proceeded to checkout. Once outside, that wonderful bellman found a way to transfer all those items, cake boxes included to the truck of my car. Every single item was handled with care. I thanked the bellman personally and I am happy to have the chance to thank him publicly. Well done, my friend!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
JackWarner, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, May 5, 2010
We take great pride in our bellmen and I am very pleased that they met your service needs while you stayed with us. I have shared your comment with the team and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Been to Radisson Hotel Valley Forge? Share your experiences!