“Exceeded Expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
reddmk
“Exceeded Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

I stayed at the hotel on a BUSY Saturday night. The restaurant and lobby area were constantly filled with guests, who looked as though they were having a great time. Every staff member I encountered had a smile on their face and seemed to love their job. When staying away from home it is very comforting to see a hotel staff with this demeanor. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying for business or leisure.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
JackWarner, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, February 23, 2010
Thank you for the kind words. I look forward to seeing you when you return to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
DC Area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

Didn't have most of the problems that many have pointed out. The room was nice enough, nothing special but about what I'd expect from a Radisson. Some of my colleagues had the windowless rooms and didn't seem to mind-- they were certainly quiet. I was on the 11th floor and kept my fan running at night to drown out the highway noise. The Sleep Number bed is basically a bed with an air mattress topper. I don't think I'd like to have one at home, but it wasn't bad. The hotel employees were courteous and mostly helpful. The only really bad aspect of this hotel is their food service. We ate in Chumley's twice and both times were frustrated and annoyed by the service, or lack thereof. It consistently took forever to get the attention of wait staff. They seemed terribly unprepared for the number of people at lunchtime, which seems very strange for the one full-service restaurant open for lunch at a conference center. Don't they frequently deal with large groups?? Drink orders were wrong, no refills offered. I had to go to the bar to request a glass of water, and the bartender told me to go back to my table and she'd send our server over (is there some reason a BARTENDER can't just fill a glass of water??). The server took about 10 minutes to come to our table after that. A server who came to clear away plates wouldn't help us get our checks as it "wasn't her job." We all ordered the pasta buffet, so at least the only problem with our food was that the line took about 20 minutes. Another time, a person in our party wasn't brought her change until she asked for it. After all this terrible service, we were charged an automatic service charge of 20% because there were 6 of us. I don't usually mind those automatic charges for large groups, but that's ridiculous.

My room service experience wasn't much better. The food was pricey, and took 40 minutes to arrive.

This hotel is a decent place to stay, but I definitely cannot recommend their food service.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
JackWarner, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, December 23, 2009
First off and foremost, thank you for your feedback and the kind words regarding the hotel staff and guest rooms. I sincerely apologize for the issues that you saw within Chumley's and want to assure you that it was not our typical experience. We take great pride in our service and promote a 100% satisfaction guarantee because of that. I hope you will give us another chance in the future to showcase that we are better than the experience that was described.
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

expected much worse, based on previous reviews. helpful, friendly staff . rooms were OK, a little dated but very clean

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
JackWarner, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, December 4, 2009
Thank you for your kind words regarding our property. Unfortunately, the previous reviews do not paint the best picture for this property. But, much like you, majority of our guests have a great experience and leave 100% satisfied. We guarantee that. If a guest does not leave 100% satisfied and we are unable to rectify an issue they experienced, we do not expect that person to pay. Thank you for your patronage and we hope to see you in the future.
Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

I can't quite understand how I feel about this hotel- The number one concern of mine from all staff members was the strong need for customer service training. There were no particular incidents that jarred me, but service with a smile and accuracy should be encouraged. I just got a sense that in general the staff was not happy or friendly which of course set the tone for my stay. With that said...the front lobby was invititing, classy and the decor was tasteful. The rooms above the ground floor have not been refurbished, but they have windows. The rooms on the lower level have been renovated with new carpet, granite counter tops, flat screen TV, with a modern flair--- but there are NO windows... The food at the restaurants was tasty with above average food- the prices were a little steep (see website for menus)...Nothing is within walking distance so if you don't have access to a car...There business center has only one computer, so if you need access bring a laptop. In their defense, however, wireless internet access is available. The fitness center has a great selection of equipment...but it literally has not been updated or seemingly cleaned since the mid-80's.There are many give and takes at this location. If I were coming back to the area, I would look elsewhere first...and then continue to look after that...

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
midwest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

I travel alot. This was my second time here on business and since I had to go to the convention center, I thought I'd give this hotel a second chance. The air conditioner was very, very LOUD. You can hear people at the elevator like they're standing next to you. The housekeeping on the weekend was sup-par. The bathroom was not cleaned properly, my coffee supply wasn't replenished. The coffer maker didn't work properly. I have to come back to Valley Forge in the future for business, I will be staying somewhere else. The waitress at Chumley's (the hotel resturant) was openly rude to her co-workers in front of the customers (I was once a server, I know the stress), there's no excuse for that and it took forever to get the check.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

Coworkers & I stayed here for a nearby trade show. Obviously it's an old building that's been refurbished in some areas. While the carpeting & painting seem in good shape, the hardware and bathroom doors are quite obviously from the 1970's. (The door handle in the fitness room came off in my hand.) I've heard about the hokey "theme" rooms and some of my coworkers had to stay in windowless rooms in the basement with a dank, industrial smell everywhere. SO glad I was on the 14th floor. There's one computer in the lobby area - if someone's been on it for more than the allotted 15 minutes, speak up. The fitness room has lots of equipment, but it took lots of queries at the front desk to get a map of nearby Valley Forge park (a MUCH nicer atmosphere for running during daylight). Though the entrance to the park is nearby, it involves a treacherous shoulderless stretch under an overpass - proceed with caution. We really enjoyed the swimming pool - you'd never know you were tucked away in the service back lot of the hotel. The "Ice" "nightclub" is a riot. I've been to so many nicer hotels on this planet, though this may be the norm for a business group in Valley Forge (sadly).

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
philly
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

Get real people, the fantasy themed rooms are really not for business travelers or
conventioneers.

They are for grown ups to enjoy. It is a trysting place. I think it is supposed to be a little
hokey. It is a FANTASY suite. There are no windows, true. Probably a good thing. LOL

We stayed in the Shogun Suite. It was a little tired, true. We had a blast.
Then again, we could have fun anywhere. Anywhere.

In a perfect world the bath and toilet area would live up to the level of amenities in
a modern hotel, They don't. More like a Motel 6. Clean but cramped.

We ate at the pub. All in all the food was good, better than a chain like Applebees or
TG I Friday. The waitress was fine and there was no undue wait.

The people at the front desk were courteous and nice. The people you have to book the
room with are nice but a bit, uh, difficult to reach.

Room service breakfast was delivered promptly and was hot.

If you stay in a room like this alone you are kind of barking up the wrong tree, right?

If you want a super nice room try The Four Seasons, the Double Tree on Broad Street
or The Loewes Hotel on Market. Sofitel in Rittenhouse Square and The Westin are nice too. All in downtown Philly. The Double Tree in Plymouth Meeting is a tremendous
value.

If you are looking for saucy fun, this place is great.

Ask to see a room before you accept it at this or any hotel if you have doubts.

Having said all this, it's a fun idea. If the place was renovated we would go back.
It is probably 10 years overdue by hotel standards. It is also unique. Know what you are going for, go with the intention of having a good time and it is fun.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Hotel Valley Forge? Share your experiences!