My husband and I wanted to do something special for our 20th wedding anniversary. We have two children so going away for an extended vacation can be a hassle so we decided to stay close to home. I contacted the hotel directly (in-house reservations) for our "fantasy" suite experience. We booked the GI suite since we weren't able to actually take the island trip we truly wanted. They emailed me our GI Fantasy Suite confirmation number/information quickly. Upon check-in the clerk seemed somewhat agitated with our reservation. "Fantasy" suites are on the 15th floor. Note - elevator only goes to 14 so you have to walk up a flight of stairs for 15 (this was not shared with us at check-in). Thank goodness we didn't have too much luggage. Our room number was 1520 but we quickly found out that 1520 was not GI but another fantasy. A nice member of the cleaning staff was kind enough to show us GI which was nicer than the one given to us at check-in. Being this is our 20 year anniversary I was not about to get taken over so I trekked it back down to the lobby (elevators are really quick). I explained the situation to the clerk. She responded by telling me that the "confirmation" response I received was not a confirmation. It was only stating my request. Since when is a confirmation number not a confirmation and only a request. The more she talked the more agitated I became. Of course I asked for a manager. Manager did not come out but the clerk went behind a closed door to talk to a manager. She came out and said that I had called that day to request a different room. No such thing happened. Then she tried to say that a bride checked in that day. The room was not occupied at all by anyone. They reluctantly made the switch and off I went. I can see why now the clerk was agitated. She must have known there was going to be room issues. As I approached the room a maintenance man was coming out of the room with my husband. They had to strengthen the tv stand that looks like it is just connected to a piece of bamboo. You have to walk under this tv to get to the jacuzzi tub spickets. Thank goodness I am short and petite. I assume people have knocked into this tv stand many times and have loosened it up. The room was decorated pretty cool with netting, ivy and bamboo walls. Pics of GI family here and there.
The jacuzzi tub is in need of much repair. Would be cool if they made it look more like the SS Minnow but is nice and pretty big. Room service brought a bottle of champagne and two glasses that we did share in the nice warm jacuzzi. They tried to push their services but we did not use room service due to the high service charges.
Shower/toilet area is pretty small and definitely needs updating.
Bed was really comfortable (thankfully didn't see any bed bugs). Pillows were awful (bring your own). I did not sleep well this night due to the little uncomfortable pillows.
Our room rate included a $75 dinner voucher and two breakfast buffets. We enjoyed a good steak and lobster dinner at Chumley's. Friendly staff and service was good. If you are a sports fan you will like this restaurant (lots of tvs).
Breakfast buffet was at Cafe Soleil. Pretty good buffet, friendly staff and service was good also.
We had an issue with our room cards not opening our door. I assume it was because the clerk never deactivated the old room number. Which kind of left me felling a little insecure that someone else could get in our room. Thankfully there is a deadbolt for extra security.
Room is supplied with toiltetries and a couple water bottles. Room did not have bubble bath for the jacuzzi.
All in all our stay at the Radisson VF was pleasant and would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You get unparalleled convenience at Radisson Valley Forge Casino Resort! Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, connected to the Valley Forge Casino Resort in King of Prussia, PA, is located directly across from the Valley Forge National Historical Park, one minute from the King of Prussia Mall, and near the Pennsylvania Turnpike.Hotel guests enjoy a variety of convenient amenities, entertainment, an intimate spa, and seven exciting and diverse restaurants.As our guest at Radisson Valley Forge, you can experience all of our amenities and enjoy what sets us apart from other Pennsylvania casino resorts ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Radisson Hotel Valley Forge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Valley Forge
- Radison Hotel Valley Forge
- Radisson Hotel King Of Prussia
- King Of Prussia Radisson
- Radisson King Of Prussia