“not for a family or romantic stay” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Vancouver, Canada
“not for a family or romantic stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for 1 week. It was a work related trip, so all I needed was a bed and shower.

The hotel staff, especially receptionists were very friendly and professional, always willing to help.

I cannot say too much about the location of the hotel, since this was a business trip, but if you're not interested in casino, then there's not too much things you can do here or neighbourhood.

I got an upper level room. It was quite clean, but I can't even compare it to Radisson in Amsterdam. Honestly, based on my experience with Radisson in Amsterdam, I was expecting a little bit higher standard. But as I said, the room was clean enough to feel comfortable. What I really hated were sealed windows - I was not able to open a balcony door and get some fresh air.

If you have electronic devices like phone, laptop, tablet and you're hoping to be able to connect them to their wireless network, then you might get disappointed. While the wifi signal is quite strong close to the elevators (rooms are situated in circles around the elevators), as soon as you're in your room the signal drops significantly), which leaves you without a wireless access. Fortunately, they still have the old good Ethernet cables in their rooms, so you can quite easily connect your MacBook to their wired network and use the wireless interface on your laptop to share their wired network to your wireless devices. Worked beautifully.

• Stayed August 2013
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you found the staff friendly and professional. They work very hard to service our guests and it is always good to hear that it is appreciated. We are in the process of renovating our Radisson tower rooms and the project will be completed in late fall. I’m sure that you would notice a substantial improvement in our room’s product. There should be no difference in the level of Wi-Fi as there are numerous access points throughout to ensure consistent coverage throughout. We have possibly lost an access point but scanned consistently to be sure they are operating properly. I am glad however that the hard wire connection worked for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Kamloops
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We spent three nights at the Radisson Hotel Valley Forge and were extremely disappointed. It was one of the host hotels recommended by AETA and we travelled across country to attend this buying show. Checked in and were given a basement room right next to the storage area, smelled extremely musty and mouldy. Went back to front desk and asked for a new room, clerk at the counter seemed extremely annoyed with this request also asked if we could be put upstairs as were not keen on a room without a window, she said that the hotel was full and we that request couldn't be accommodated. Finally given another room in the basement, it was clean enough but a pain to carry suitcases up and down the stairs. Even heard the maid complain about the stairs. When we arrived at the second room, fridge didn't work and remote needed new batteries. Front desk clerk was definitely not happy to see us again, but did say that Engineering would come check the fridge and put new batteries in the remote. That happened when we were out for dinner. Would not recommend this hotel to women travelling alone, hallways are long and once you go down the stairs to the basement room deserted. Food at the Tavern and the Nosh Deli (complimentary breakfast) was good, staff in gift shop and restaurants very pleasant but rooms without a window not enjoyable at all. Checked out a day early and very glad to get out of there, definitely not up to Radisson standards.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
We are disappointed that you did not enjoy stay and with the issues you experienced with your room. We do have a number of windowless rooms due to the configuration of the building and try to accommodate guests who prefer a window. We were full during AETA which might have prevented us from changing your room. There is however no excuse for any item not working in the room or odors of any kind. It certainly is not acceptable for any employee to be anything but accommodating when handling a guest request. I apologize that your request was not handled graciously by our staff. Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience, we will use it with our staff as an example of how not to handle a guest issue.
Hershey, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for work purposes. I stay in many places and have stayed in far worse. I would not recommend it for a family vacation or romantic trip. It is a nice place to stay when you are using it for sleeping only. In fairness though, I did not eat in the restaurants there with the exception of breakfast. There appear to be many options on site but I choose to explore the area.

There are pros and cons to the place.

Pros:
Rooms were quiet
Bed was ok.
Parking was easy and safe
Responsive maintaince (had a major problem while there and it was fixed quickly. Did provide me a complimentary breakfast for my problems)
Close to Valley Forge for running paths and outdoor space
Going to be remodeled
Although it says casino, not too close to the casino for those of us who don't enjoy casinos
Large rooms/ sliding glass door to get air in the room.
Staff members are friendly

Cons:
Long wait to check in
Overall cleaniess was questionable (My office chair had a strange nasty stain., hair in my shower, pillow case smelled and had makeup on it)
Strange holds on my credit cards that keep changing. I have a new one today after being assured yesterday that they would go away.

Overall, I could see this as a nice location if you are coming to see Valley Forge or attend the casino. I didn't see the pool but have heard it was nice. I will be have to stay a few more times this fall so I will update my review as my experiences progress this year.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for telling us of your experience. We appreciate hearing the positive as well as the negative so we can relay both to our staff. There is however no excuse for a room not being spotless and I have discussed these issues with our housekeeping management staff. We have too many procedures and people in place to experience issues linens or hair. Two basics of our business. Please be assured that this is not indicative of the quality of product we expect is provided to our guests. My apologies for our shortcomings.
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This hotel has something for everyone when it comes to dining, rooms, amenities, etc. The GM took personal care of my reservation and every staff member I came in contact with was very personable and friendly!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I were going Atlantic City but found a Groupon for this place and decided we would stop here on our way there, despite some of the bad reviews. We are definetely glad we did! We stayed on a Saturday night and had so much fun! When we arrived around 6pm we were quickly checked in and we got to our room, which had extremely comfortable air beds with really soft sheets, and we had a view over the pool, with a balcony. We could see and hear ( loud music) that there was a party going on at the pool, which apparently goes on every Saturday night. We went to the pool party for a while and the staff was so friendly because I was on crutches, so they helped me up and down the stairs and let me use the ramps in 'private' hotel areas so I didnt have to use the stairs so much. After the pool party we checked out the Dueces Wild bar and that was a great time, they played lots of country music (which we love) and some other top 40 music, and it was busy and everyone was having a great time on the dance floor. The mechanical bull was fun too, and it was only $5 cover. We had the breakfast buffet in the morning which was extremely delicious. They served anything you could want for breakfast, you could even get omelettes made the wayyou like with anything in them, which were so good. The only downfall was there were no carts for wheeling luggage to your room, which made things difficult for me being on crutches. We mentioned this to the staff though and we were offered us free breakfast as a compensation. The casino was very big and clean, and the staff there were friendly and helpful, and we were quickly served by the waitress there. If i was ever in Valley Forge again, I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed August 2013
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the variety of outlets that we have on the property. It truly is a self-contained facility with something for everybody. It was great to hear that you were accommodated by the staff and given additional assistance when needed. We do have numerous luggage carts available for guest use but many times they are not returned after use and need to be hunted down. I apologize that one was not available at the time you needed it and would hope that we made an effort to find one for your use. We appreciate your comments and will share them with the staff.
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Submitted for information for package deals online for anniversary stay. No response. Went to Casino Tower for information on way home from work. Was told to go online. Went to Radisson, girl behind counter says she doesn't think she has information about packages and rooms but will go check. Comes back after some time, looks at me and says, "O now I remember what I went back there for". Comes back and says she has no information.....Might've looked past all this until reading all bad reviews on rooms. No thanks.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
My apologies for the lack of response to your inquiry regarding package available at the hotel. We do have numerous packages which can be booked on line or through the hotel. The package information is available to all front desk agents and they should be completely familiar with all our offerings. We do a substantial amount of package business so there is no excuse for not having this information readily available. This has been reviewed with the appropriate staff. Thank you for your input.
Sicklerville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson for 1 night, on a Thursday in July. I checked in at 5:30 and the line was long. It seemed to take especially long for each person to check in. The front desk clerk indicated that they upgraded me to one of their renovated business suites, but that it doesn’t have a window. I had never heard of a hotel room without a window before. I didn’t want this so she gave me a not yet renovated room on the 13th floor. Our corporate rate included breakfast, but the breakfast coupons weren’t available at check in and I was told to stop back for them. I don’t understand why they can’t have these ready at check in, every other hotel I have stayed at does.

The room was rather large but seemed a little dated. The bathroom sink is out in the open when you walk into the room, and then the tub and toilet are in a room with a door. The bed was one of those sleep number beds, which seemed like it would be good, but I personally don’t like them. There was a very small balcony but the sliding door is permanently sealed and you cannot go on the balcony. There was a flat panel TV but no HD. There was a safe in the room, but it wasn’t digital, it had one of those very large safe keys you had to carry around.

The hallways and elevators were very hot. The walk to the casino was a hike, if you have trouble walking, you might find walking to the casino challenging.
I forgot to stop back for my breakfast coupon and it was delivered under my door overnight, I actually had 2 delivered separately for some reason. The breakfast buffet was ok, not too many choices. They had an egg/omelet station which was good but the day I was there they didn’t have scrambled eggs as part of the buffet section, so you had to wait in the omelet line to get some.

A group of us from work ate at the Pacific Prime Steakhouse on site. The food was ok, but expensive for what it was. Also, 3 of us order filet, 2 medium well and 1 medium. They couldn’t get the temperature correct, as one of them was clearly well done. This shouldn’t happen at a steakhouse. We also had drinks at the bar between the steakhouse and the Italian restaurant. I had gotten a screwdriver and asked for another and the bartender used my same glass to make my second drink, not even emptying the ice or orange slice.

Overall this is an OK hotel, but I can stay elsewhere in the area for similar prices.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay. We do have some windowless rooms due to the configuration of the building which are quite nice but we realize that some people want a window in their room so we mention it during the check in process so there are no surprises when a guest goes to the room. As in your experience, a change can be made with minimal inconvenience. I apologize for any delay in check in. We schedule around business levels and arrival patterns and it appears that we didn’t get it right in this instance.
The remaining rooms in the Radisson tower are in the process of being renovated and we are in the process of upgrading our MATV to digital. It will be a very nice product to offer our guests. We usually have outstanding comments for Pacific Prime. I hope that you brought these issues to the attention of your server. The staff and managers react very quickly to any customer issue and address it on the spot.
We also have the Casino Tower hotel which is right above the casino which is the choice of many of our gaming customers due to its close proximity to the Casino.
We only put scrambled eggs on our morning buffet when we expect very high volumes. We would much prefer to make them fresh at our action station. This may create a slight wait, but the fresh made product is much better.
We appreciate your comments.

Been to Radisson Hotel Valley Forge? Share your experiences!