“Great place for a wedding” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Great place for a wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I had my wedding here in August 2011 and could not have been more perfect. The Waterford Ballroom was ruled out initially when we saw it setup for a conference but after seeing photo's and really picturing how it would look for a wedding we decided there was too many positives about this place and booked it. We had many people from out of town so the access to 76 and the airport was perfect. The staff was unreal (Clem, the wedding planner, is the absolute best) throughout the entire process and could not say enough about any of them. From the bar which hosted Kareoke after the rehersal dinner on Friday night, to the ceremony being in the grand ball room and the reception in the Waterford even looking better than we hoped it was just great.

The clincher for us was planning ahead and having the entire wedding party with friends and family all booking the floor of Fantasy Suites. We had the entire top floor to ourselves which after spending some time in the dance club (under renovation a of December 2011) became party central.

Many (25+) guests said it was hands down the best location they had seen for a wedding because of ease, location, beauty and quality. If you are considering The Waterford, look no further!!!

Room Tip: The Fantasy Suites are just funny and if your planning a wedding, get the guests on the ball and hav...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

This is an adequate hotel but not one that I'm going to be staying at again any time soon. There was nothing really awful about it but just a series of minor irritations that added up to a less than pleasant stay. These irritants included:
- No Concierge Lounge
- Television channel selection
- Newpapers
- Wait staff in Cafe Soleil
- Parking
First, some positive items. Awaiting my arrival in my room was a chilled glass of milk and assorted cookies. Yum. That's a nice touch.
The bed was comfortable as were the pillows. Had a choice of different pillows in terms of firmness. Good stuff, that. The downside of the bed was that the Sleep Number mattress inflator/deflator remote thing didn't work. The mattress was firm enough for me so no big deal. Still though, if it isn't going to work, why bother with it?
Most of the front desk staff are pleasant and seem to take an interest in their work and in the hotel guest's welfare. Most of them.
The room was clean and smelled fresh. The bathroom area was spotless. Well done housekeeping! Extra tip for you!
Check in went fine and I received confirmation of my ClubCarlson number and membership level, received the breakfast coupons and other assorted stuff. Made it to the room on the 11th floor. Clean, tidy and pleasant looking. Uninspiring view across a 5th floor rooftop directly into an office building. Oh well. I've had worse views.
Something that was disappointing was the lack of a Concierge Lounge. Probably a victim of cost cutting. I enjoyed the Concierge Lounge at the Radisson in Kalamazoo, MI and missed not having access to it in the Valley Forge location.
Checked out the selection of channels on the TV. The usual assortment of lots and lots of different ESPN and news channels. They must be really cheap to get in a package because it seems the hotels of any chain are deeply in love with them. Me? I can do without wall to wall sports and news. Thankfully I did have the History and Discovery channels.
My first morning I opened the door to grab the newspaper. No paper. When I left the room I expected that there would be a stack of them on the side table by the elevators. Nope. The newspapers (WSJ and USAToday) are stacked on the front desk counter. But there aren't many of them. Get downstairs after 8am and you're likely to be out of luck. I was cheerfully told that I could purchase newspapers in the gift shop. Nice. I love being nickle and dimed at a hotel.
The wait staff in Cafe Soleil? Might as well convert the place over to self service. Except the omelet chef. She does a fine job. Keep her. Fire everyone else for all the good that they do. Well, okay...they all seem to be good enough for guiding you to your seat and then bringing you one glass of juice or ice water. One and no more than one since that, apparently is the last you're going to interact with them. After this, you will cease to exist and be completely invisible. Four mornings of a repetition of this treatment is enough for me. Keep your breakfast coupons. If I ever return to the hotel, I'm not going to have breakfast there.
And finally, parkng is a bit of a mess. Not the hotel's fault though. There is a huge construction project underway that won't be finishing up until March 2012 or thereabouts. Once the construction is finished parking should be much less of a hassle.
Here's kind of an interesting summation of the whole situation. There are several items posted in and around the hotel asking guests to please speak up if you can't "give us a 10" in ratings. Okay. I decided to do so. I needed to get another room key card upon my return from work Wednesday evening. The young lady behind the desk go busy making it up for me. Waiting for the standard "how is your room/how is everything going" question...Nope. Nothing. So I decided to speak up. Mentioned that I was a bit disappointed in the hotel. No details. Got a perfunctory "I'm sorry to hear that" response. Okaaaaay. Sorry to hear that but not interested enough to ask why I was disappointed! Yeah, that pretty much sums up the whole week spent at this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side opposite of the business tower next door. You'll be viewing the freew...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
drohrbaugh, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
Dear brlcreem;
Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive comments as your feedback is important to us as well as other guests. We do care about our customers’ experiences and use feedback to evaluate our product and services. Your breakfast experience has already been shared with the Director of Food and Beverage and the dining room staff and I personally followed up with the Front Desk Manager to ensure the staff is retrained in Service Recovery and Empowerment. Our goal is to achieve 100% Satisfaction from all guests and address any issue brought to our attention while staying at the hotel. Thank you again for posting and allowing us the opportunity to address your concerns.
Ferndale, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Upon checking in, the service rep raved about my "newly rennovated" room. Then she mentioned that it was in the BASEMENT of the hotel and had no windows. It is dark and creepy. I requested to move twice, but my request was not accomodated. There was also a shower with no tub. And the heat doesn't seem to work. Not recommended.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
I am very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your accommodations. We do have a number of repeat guests who enjoy our first floor rooms since the location is quiet and the rooms have been fully renovated; but of course this may not appeal to everyone’s taste. I’m sorry we did not have any upper floor rooms available during your stay to accommodate your request. Next time to return to Valley Forge; kindly contact me directly so that I can personally handle your reservation. Thank you.
Branson, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

This is a unique, beautiful hotel with a very accomodating staff. Room service was quick and delicious. I will definitely stay here again in the future!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Unique indeed! Not too many hotels are circular. I’m glad to hear you had an enjoyable room service experience. We are very pleased with all of our food and beverage offerings and get a lot of repeat guests and locals who visit Chumely’s Steak & Seafood. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you on your next trip to Valley Forge.
Stockholm
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I stayed in a newly renovated Business room. My room was on the first floor and didn't have a window! Just great, like staying in a bunker. Well, at least I had free WiFi, but this stopped working during the evening, and I couldn't do my planned work.

I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your comments. Our Business Class rooms are all located on the first floor which is an interior corridor so they do not have windows. They are popular to business travelers because of their location, unique style & décor, and quietness; however we do realize they are not for everyone. Perhaps next time we can assign you a room on the 14 floor concierge level with a large window. Thank you again and travel safe.
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

When we arrived (about 7PM) we were able to find a close parking spot, despite the large number of guests for a conference. Check in was easy and fast.

The room was older, but clean. The sleep number beds were uncomfortable and seemed quite old. The air conditioning unit was one of the loudest in any hotel I've stayed at.

The hotel wasn't so bad that we left, but we wouldn't stay again or recommend to friends/family.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
drohrbaugh, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Thank you for posting and I’m glad to hear you had a pleasant arrival experience. We do get many compliments about the sleep number beds, but I do realize they do appeal to everyone. If you get the opportunity, please contact me with the room number you occupied so that I can personally follow up with noisy air conditioning unit. Thank you again.
NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I just got back from a weekend getaway to valley forge. I chose this hotel because of it's convenient location. From the moment I pulled up I got a bad feeling. There were so many events happening here that there were no spots to park my car. Twice we had to drive in circles for 20 min to finally find one. They also gave us the wrong room. we were a family of 4 and I requested two beds and we only got one. Good thing they were able to change it but the long line at the front desk was time consuming for us and we didn't want to deal with this hassle. Also, the room had a musky smell to it. It also smelled like someone had just used the bathroom right before we walked in. The bathroom wasn't flushed properly by the earlier guests and I shouldn't have to smell or see what they left behind. I was very turned off by it and wanted to go home. Usually I love staying in hotels. Also very noisy from the events going on. Middle of the night chanting from outside. And a very, very loud air conditioning unit. I will be looking elsewhere next time I am in that area.

Room Tip: do not choose a room across from the elevator. I heard people on and off it all night.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
drohrbaugh, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. The parking lot construction will be complete soon so there will be plenty of parking available at the main entrance to the hotel. I trust the noisy air conditioning unit was reported during your stay and rectified; otherwise, please contact me directly with your room number so we can fix the unit or replace it. Thank you again and travel safe.

Been to Radisson Hotel Valley Forge? Share your experiences!