“First time stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
North Brunswick, NJ
“First time stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

When I pulled up to the hotel, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it is a full-service hotel; meaning banquets, etc. When I entered the lobby I was really taken back by the lovely chandelier and also the marble lobby. I commented to the staff at the Front Desk that I found this location to be extremely nice. The staff were extremely professional, helpful and friendly. The cleanliness of this hotel was above and beyond. I really liked the fact that the proximity to the King of Prussia was so close.
I will be very honest, I did encounter one problem with my 1-night stay. However, I will not go into detail at all, as it was resolved above and beyond my expectations. I would like to say a big thanks to Management for going and beyond in resolving my issue. I am returning in October 2013 and I am really looking forward to that stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind remarks. I really appreciate the fact that you found the hotel very clean and the staff very friendly. We work hard on those two critical areas as they are so important to every guest. I will be sure to convey your positive message to my team. Thank you again for your kindness. We look forward to your return next month.

Bob McGowan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we stayed at this hotel and we will definitely stay there the next time we visit the Philadelphia area. It is very close to the shopping mall. For the money, there isn't a better value in the area. The rooms are clean and spacious and the staff was pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and thank you for your continued patronage. We appreciate your business and are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay once again. We take great pride in delivering excellent service and product, it is nice to know you were more than satisfied.

We look forward to your return. We hope to see you soon.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our check-in took a few seconds. The room and bathroom were impeccable. The beds very comfortable and soft. The installations are very modern and the cleaning service started early as soon as rooms were ready for clean up.
We didn't have breakfast included, I won't quote on that, but the general areas were bright, modern and with good taste.
We had a problem connecting with the Wi-Fi internet in the room but as soon as I reported it, a technician came for help and another one called to solve the problem remotely. WE didn't have more problems connecting later.
We requested a microwave and it was brought a few minutes after.
It is about 30 minutes drive from downtown but I didn't want to pay $200 -$250 a night. There are many nice restaurants around the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I cannot thank you enough for all of the kind remarks about my hotel and the service you received. I will be sure to recognize my team for their efforts. It is always rewarding to know that we delivered on our promise to help make your stay memorable. I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again very soon. Until then, enjoy your travels and be safe.

West Orange, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were looking for a room at the last minute in Philly, but a major concert taking place meant that there was absolutely nothing available. We got an excellent rate at the Crowne Plaze and changed our sightseeing itinerary to include Valley Forge. While King of Prussia is a good half hour drive from Center City, VF is a great place to visit for any history buff! The breakfast buffet is very good with everything you could want; ordering a la carte for us worked out a bit cheaper. We were disappointed not to be able to walk around Philly in the evening, but found several options for dinner at the enormous King of Prussia mall.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your taking the time to offer your positive comments about my hotel and its location in Valley Forge. We really are situated in an ideal place to visit the historic Valley Forge National Park with ease as well as to enjoy all that the King of Prussia Mall and it's surroundings have to offer!

I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you return very soon.

edge of the wood
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I take my family to KOP every year the weekend before school starts, we usually stay at the nearby Marriott property.
This year, saw this,"illusion" of a better hotel online...... We checked in the lobby was beautiful, since we booked online I asked for a room away from the elevators, the front desk assured me it was, after the long hike to the average room, we were only two doors from the elevator at the other end of the hall.
The sink in the restroom was blocked, the next morning we informed the front desk in person prior to leaving for the entire day at the zoo in Philly.
We rturned 12 hours later, the drain was purged, the mess on the counter (hair and all) the room UNTOUCHED by house keeping.

The front desk did not care, a nice gentleman named Joe helped by moving us, but that was AFTER I called customer service from the dirty room who called the hotel.

We had to pack up and move our toddlers one fast asleep at 11pm because no one thought we wanted the room cleaned and the hair clog ghosts of past guests not on the counter that holds our children's toothbrushes. YUICK !!!!

Don't be fooled by online photos ! The beautiful pool online is not even onsite it is out of the hotel down the parking lot through a different hotel, out of that one and into a health club ! Who wants to take a 1/4 mile hike to swim at a health club full of hard bodies with their toddlers ?

Never again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for your feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to express your displeasure. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your visit completely as most guests do and I apologize that my team failed to clean up after clearing the clogged sink. I am happy that Joe my night manager was able to relocate you to another room so that you did not have to deal with any mess. I will be sure to let him know that effort was appreciated.

Again, I thank you for your feedback. I do hope that you will reconsider returning.

Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we were attending a wedding nearby. The hotel was nice enough and the staff was very kind, but we were still less than thrilled. We arrived on a late flight and drove straight from Philadelphia and had (wrongly) assumed that because the hotel was near a huge shopping mall, there would be a lot of options for grabbing a bite to eat despite the hour, which was inaccurate. Other hotels I've stayed at in the IHG chain have offered some sort of breakfast, but there was none to be had here on the weekend. So the room itself was nice enough and the staff was nice enough, but I was still a bit underwhelmed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your taking time to write and the nice comments about the hotel and staff. I am disappointed that you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay as most guests do. While we do not offer 24-hour food and beverage services (there is a time period every day where our outlets are closed) there are a few 24-hour restaurants nearby that are options should you find yourself in need again. I don't know if you meant to say we don't have breakfast available on the weekends. To be sure, we serve breakfast 7 days/week, starting between 6:30AM - 7:00AM, depending on the day.

Thank you again for your comments. We appreciate the feedback a great deal and do hope you will reconsider staying with us again..

Lyndhurst, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Needed a last minute hotel in the Philadelphia area when there with my folks, and got a ridiculously good deal on Priceline at this wonderful property. While a little far from Philadelphia itself, this hotel is across the road from one of the biggest shopping complexes in the US, and I was looking for a hotel in this area for that reason.

Check-in was great, with a wonderful front desk staff. To me, the hotel seemed modern, and had great decor. The front desk agent was extremely helpful, and even suggested area restaurants where we could have a good dinner. We were also given a guide to the mall. It was evident that the staff was willing to go above and beyond to ensure a wonderful stay.

The room itself was wonderful. Very comfortable. Well decorated, and perfect for both business and leisure travelers. We were given a room near the ice machine, so it didn't seem like it would be the most quiet in the world, but it wasn't bad. Being that I got a discounted rate off a third party site, I don't expect the most in-demand room location. In reality though, this location was almost perfect, and when the door was closed, it wasn't noisy at all.

My ONLY complaint with this hotel, which I made known at check out, was the cheap toilet paper in the bathroom. For a hotel that competed in the somewhat upscale market, I would expect better quality there.

Overall, a wonderful property with a great location and great people. I hope to stay here again in the future, if I am out that way again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such wonderful praise. I will be sure to share your excellent comments with my team...I know they will appreciate the recognition as well! We do our very best to make our guests feel at home while here, it is nice to know you enjoyed your stay so much. We look forward to you returning to our area and would be pleased to care for you again. Thank you for having been our guest and for sharing your thoughts with others.

Bob McGowan

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia? Share your experiences!