“Very close to Valley Forge” 4 of 5 stars

Save 20%!
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
GreenLeadersBronze level
West Orange, New Jersey
“Very close to Valley Forge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were looking for a room at the last minute in Philly, but a major concert taking place meant that there was absolutely nothing available. We got an excellent rate at the Crowne Plaze and changed our sightseeing itinerary to include Valley Forge. While King of Prussia is a good half hour drive from Center City, VF is a great place to visit for any history buff! The breakfast buffet is very good with everything you could want; ordering a la carte for us worked out a bit cheaper. We were disappointed not to be able to walk around Philly in the evening, but found several options for dinner at the enormous King of Prussia mall.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your taking the time to offer your positive comments about my hotel and its location in Valley Forge. We really are situated in an ideal place to visit the historic Valley Forge National Park with ease as well as to enjoy all that the King of Prussia Mall and it's surroundings have to offer!

I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you return very soon.

Bob McGowan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
edge of the wood
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I take my family to KOP every year the weekend before school starts, we usually stay at the nearby Marriott property.
This year, saw this,"illusion" of a better hotel online...... We checked in the lobby was beautiful, since we booked online I asked for a room away from the elevators, the front desk assured me it was, after the long hike to the average room, we were only two doors from the elevator at the other end of the hall.
The sink in the restroom was blocked, the next morning we informed the front desk in person prior to leaving for the entire day at the zoo in Philly.
We rturned 12 hours later, the drain was purged, the mess on the counter (hair and all) the room UNTOUCHED by house keeping.

The front desk did not care, a nice gentleman named Joe helped by moving us, but that was AFTER I called customer service from the dirty room who called the hotel.

We had to pack up and move our toddlers one fast asleep at 11pm because no one thought we wanted the room cleaned and the hair clog ghosts of past guests not on the counter that holds our children's toothbrushes. YUICK !!!!

Don't be fooled by online photos ! The beautiful pool online is not even onsite it is out of the hotel down the parking lot through a different hotel, out of that one and into a health club ! Who wants to take a 1/4 mile hike to swim at a health club full of hard bodies with their toddlers ?

Never again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for your feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to express your displeasure. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your visit completely as most guests do and I apologize that my team failed to clean up after clearing the clogged sink. I am happy that Joe my night manager was able to relocate you to another room so that you did not have to deal with any mess. I will be sure to let him know that effort was appreciated.

Again, I thank you for your feedback. I do hope that you will reconsider returning.

Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we were attending a wedding nearby. The hotel was nice enough and the staff was very kind, but we were still less than thrilled. We arrived on a late flight and drove straight from Philadelphia and had (wrongly) assumed that because the hotel was near a huge shopping mall, there would be a lot of options for grabbing a bite to eat despite the hour, which was inaccurate. Other hotels I've stayed at in the IHG chain have offered some sort of breakfast, but there was none to be had here on the weekend. So the room itself was nice enough and the staff was nice enough, but I was still a bit underwhelmed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your taking time to write and the nice comments about the hotel and staff. I am disappointed that you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay as most guests do. While we do not offer 24-hour food and beverage services (there is a time period every day where our outlets are closed) there are a few 24-hour restaurants nearby that are options should you find yourself in need again. I don't know if you meant to say we don't have breakfast available on the weekends. To be sure, we serve breakfast 7 days/week, starting between 6:30AM - 7:00AM, depending on the day.

Thank you again for your comments. We appreciate the feedback a great deal and do hope you will reconsider staying with us again..

Lyndhurst, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Needed a last minute hotel in the Philadelphia area when there with my folks, and got a ridiculously good deal on Priceline at this wonderful property. While a little far from Philadelphia itself, this hotel is across the road from one of the biggest shopping complexes in the US, and I was looking for a hotel in this area for that reason.

Check-in was great, with a wonderful front desk staff. To me, the hotel seemed modern, and had great decor. The front desk agent was extremely helpful, and even suggested area restaurants where we could have a good dinner. We were also given a guide to the mall. It was evident that the staff was willing to go above and beyond to ensure a wonderful stay.

The room itself was wonderful. Very comfortable. Well decorated, and perfect for both business and leisure travelers. We were given a room near the ice machine, so it didn't seem like it would be the most quiet in the world, but it wasn't bad. Being that I got a discounted rate off a third party site, I don't expect the most in-demand room location. In reality though, this location was almost perfect, and when the door was closed, it wasn't noisy at all.

My ONLY complaint with this hotel, which I made known at check out, was the cheap toilet paper in the bathroom. For a hotel that competed in the somewhat upscale market, I would expect better quality there.

Overall, a wonderful property with a great location and great people. I hope to stay here again in the future, if I am out that way again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such wonderful praise. I will be sure to share your excellent comments with my team...I know they will appreciate the recognition as well! We do our very best to make our guests feel at home while here, it is nice to know you enjoyed your stay so much. We look forward to you returning to our area and would be pleased to care for you again. Thank you for having been our guest and for sharing your thoughts with others.

Best regards,

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

the entrance and conference areas are sleek and clean
the restaurant and bar are very nice and pricey.
rooms and rest of hotel are starting to show age, though they have remodeled some rooms recently.
There's no onsite pool or exercise area, but you do get access to a nearby fitness joint. so you have a wide range of activities there, but also a lot of people to compete with.
Pray that you dont have any rowdy folks staying on your floor, you will be able to hear them like they are sitting next to you on the couch (the doors have huge gaps and walls are not very soundproof)...i recommend always leaving the tv on to drown out noise.
The crowne is the best hotel in the king of prussia vacinity in my opinion when you weigh quality and price together, but there are cheaper options.
staff is always warm and welcoming and give return visitors a feeling like they have been missed.
I almost always stay here, but to be totally honest, if I had a better option, I would probably switch.

Room Tip: try to get rooms not on the ground floor or on the floor with access to the fitness center, it cuts...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all of your kind remarks about the hotel and the staff. We take all the constructive criticisms seriously in order to continue to improve our product and services for all of our guests. Thanks again for taking the time to write. We hope to see you again very soon.

Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I visited Crown Plaza again after 8 month and I´m glad to confirm that it´s still keeping high standard and it was a pleasure for me to stay there. Seamless check-in and check-out without any delays, perfect room service and delicious breakfast.
I will definitely come back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and, more importantly, for your continued patronage. We really appreciate that you stay with us while in our area. You have several choices so we are especially happy that you find our product and service to be at such a high standard. We look forward to caring for you again on any, and all, future visits.

Best regards,

DC Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel is located directly across the street from the King of Prussia mall. The lobby was very welcoming and the personnel working the front desks were very friendly. The room was spacious, the shower was immaculate (open bay concept with glass wall...no curtains/doors. Nice shower head.). The bathroom was like something from HGTV...regular size, yet great design. The room was comfortable, clean and quiet. Not the typical breakfast found at other hotels...live chef to prepare omelets and waffles on location. Buffet-style or menu for other foods. Lunch and dinner served also (at cost).

The hotel has a very good dining area and sufficient parking. Not too far from casino (maybe 20-minute drive or so), other malls in the area and fine dining. Nice location overall...excellent hotel overall!

(*Side-note*) Rooms do have a refrigerator, but no microwave. But, you can request one upon check-in and it will be sent to your room.

Room Tip: Hotel not directly near major highway, so highway noise is not an issue.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for all of your positive comments. I am extremely pleased that you were happy with every aspect of your stay. I am especially happy that you found the staff to be very friendly and the hotel to be very clean. Those are such critical elements of great hotel experiences....it is nice to know that we exceeded your expectations.

On behalf of my entire team, I want to thank you for having been our guest. We look forward to your return.

Bob McGowan

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia? Share your experiences!