My husband and I just returned from a one-night, "spur of the moment" stay. We decided to go shopping at the King of Prussia mall directly across the street. We debated driving into the city after shopping (a lot more hassle, but a great time once there) or to just stay next door to the mall. We decided to stay close and relax, since this is what we needed more than anything. The lobby was fine and still decorated for the holidays. Our room had a king bed, a sofa and a nice size bathroom. We booked at the AAA rate of $116.00. The shower had excellent water temp. and pressure. The bed was super-comfy and we both slept very well. Apparantly, there is a "pillow menu" but recently, I have noticed that many hotels are using "mini-pillows" (as they also do), so I did take my own. They provided lavendar pillow spray, a relaxation CD and earplugs (we just used the pillow spray). We had made plans to dine at Sullivan's (barely out of the parking lot) which is known for its' jazz and martinis. Unfortunately, my husband developed a significant headache (lots of shopping/spending you know! :), so we just ordered a movie and room service. The food was actually very good (coconut chicken with mashed potatoes and vegs. for hubby and the sesame chicken salad for me) and delivered promptly. We were pleasantly surprised. Before dinner, I had gone down to the front desk to request some coffee for my husband (trying to alleviate the headache) and the front desk called over to the restaurant where a wait-staff person brought me a complimentary cup. The coffee was also, surprisingly, very good. The Crowne Plaza is not the Rittenhouse or the Four Seasons, but we made a very good choice with what is offered in the King of Prussia area. We will stay at the Crowne Plaza again!
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Valley Forge
- Valley Forge Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Hotel Valley Forge is the premier hotel in the King of Prussia area. Just 18 miles west of Philadelphia our hotel offers beautifully appointed guest rooms featuring the Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage and free wired and wireless high-speed Internet access. Located directly across from the King of Prussia Mall which offers 3 million sq. ft. of retail space including Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's and over 400 exclusive shops and restaurants. The hotel is just minutes from Exit 326 of the PA Turnpike, the Valley Forge Convention Center, Valley Forge National Park and Valley Forge Military Academy. . All guests receive free access to Bally Total Fitness, a 40,000 sq. ft., full service health club with complete strength training facilities; large indoor lap pool and Jacuzzi and a full complement of aerobic machines and conditioning classes - located just a short walk across the parking lot. The Crowne Plaza Valley Forge boasts 23,000 sq. ft. of function space including two elegant ballrooms and a total of 18 meeting rooms, highlighted by the International Association of Conference Center approved Liberty Conference Center featuring a 132-seat amphitheater, in-house audio/visual expertise and ample breakout rooms. A friendly, attentive and reliable service staff looks forward to your arrival! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Valley Forge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.