“Mama mia Maggianos” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Maggiano's Little Italy specializes in Italian-American cuisine served in a warm & friendly atmosphere. We are open daily for lunch & dinner, offer a convenient Carryout service as well as beautiful & accommodating Banquet space for every special occasion. Maggiano's menu features both classic & contemporary Italian-American recipes – homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish, regular chef specials & specialty desserts, accompanied by a large selection of wines & specialty drinks. The food is made from scratch daily & served in a welcoming environment. Family style service or individual entrees are available.
New York City, New York
“Mama mia Maggianos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Cut from the same cloth as NYC's Carmines, this Italian chain has been delivering for more than a decade. I've been to many nationwide but still look forward to coming back to KOP.
The portions are decent, quality excellent. My only concern is that prices have steadily inched up while portions have declined .
Overall it is still the best Italian chain coast to coast. It has that mom & pop feel even though its a chain. Try the chicken parm, lasagna and anything off the desert menu. Maggianos needs more locations but as for this one, it still scores.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Family menu works well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Noise level is high, and this is graduation night so very busy. Waitress was pleasant and service was fairly prompt considering the crowds.

Visited May 2013
wilmington
“Yummy and Reasonable!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I've only been to the one in Vegas, which I really liked. If K.O.P. was closer I'd go more often. This place blows Olive Garden, Bertuccis and Macaroni Grill Away. I do like Carrabbas though.

The food portions are tremendous and the taste is really good. We had a large party so having a reservation helped. The place was packed on a Sunday. If you have never been they have a varying menu, it helps to peruse it on-line before going since you will want to decide whether to order family style or just regular. Family style is per person pricing with different levels which include your choice of apps, entrees, desserts. Since the average is $30 a person it really is pricier than just ordering normal particular because their classic pasta selections allow you to order one and take one home extra, it doesn't have to be the same as what you ordered for dinner. The classic pastas all range around $13, which makes it a great deal. Probably 6 of us order from here.
Since you get fresh bread (good) with oil or butter and they keep bringing it, we just ordered a couple calamari as apps. First I love fresh bread so I probably could have done with just that, but the calamari was surprisingly good. Perfectly fried, light and tender, with a good taste and they included the tentacles which is my favorite part. I had the Mom's Lasagna which was really tasty, I think they put crack in it, but I can't be sure. I managed a bite of the Fettucine Alfredo, 4 cheese Ravs, chicken/spinach manicotti as well. All were good.

Overall its hard to be disappointed with the food. Like of lot of chain rests. that have been there for a while its starting to feel a little rundown. You can tell they put some real money in it when the built the place but the place can either use a refresh or heavy cleaning. The waiter that we had was really good considering how busy they are, he was constantly on the run and did a great job.

The food isn't going to compare to upscale Italian rest. where everything is prepared fresh, but I have been to so many mediocre Italian non-chain rests., it makes you not want to bother trying ones unless you are absolutely sure about them. They also had valet parking which I thought was weird for a mall based restaurant, but I'm sure it could come in handy especially if someone has restrictions. Can't wait to go again, wish it was closer.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Make a reservation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you are going for dinner on the weekend, you must have a reservation. I've never gone during the week, so I'm not sure how crowded it is then. With our reservation we were whisked to a lovely u shaped booth, so we could people watch. The food is good, but a little mass produced considering the size of the restaurant and the banquet facilities. The take home bags advertise pasta and sauce vendors which makes us think they used mainly purchased items. The classic pastas are an excellent value because you eat one and take one home. There was also a special with the classic pastas that included an appetizer or two salads and one dessert. The portions are huge, and we had leftovers for the next two days.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“The mighty have fallen? I don't think so”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Everything was fantastic. Don't listen to "mat" from "delco", he can't even spell.

I ordered the lobster carb. It was so ridiculously awesome, I wish this place was closer to my house, I'd be there every weekend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere