“Wouldn't go back” 2 of 5 stars

Herndon, Virginia
79 attraction reviews
“Wouldn't go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We purchased a deal for $99.00 that included a one night stay with a $50.00 slot play credit and $40.00 dining credit. We also received free valet parking and the $10.00 casino entry fee was waived. We left our car on the casino level and went up one floor to check in. Our room was located in the casino tower. The elevators were extremely slow. We actually waited over 5 minutes for an elevator. Our room was large, sitting room with flat screen TV, area in between the sitting room and bedroom where there was a wet bar, refrigerator and microwave. There was no coffee pot. The bedroom was large with another flat screen TV. It appeared that the carpet had recently been replaced. The bathroom was outdated, with a large Jacuzzi tub that didn't work. After taking our bags to our room, we visited the player's desk to get player's cards. They downloaded the $50.00 for slot play and the $40.00 dining credit to my card. They told my husband he didn't need a card, but he requested one anyway to get points. I'm glad he did as he ended up earning enough for free coffee in Starbucks and $5.00 in slot play. I asked for instructions for downloading the $50.00 in slot play and was told I didn't need instructions. Ok, I've had free slot play in casinos before, but the way you do theirs is different from any other casino I've visited. My card locked up on first attempt. While we were playing, we didn't see many servers taking drink orders. We finally tracked someone down and ordered drinks. After 15 minutes, I asked a floor manager and she told me she would check. After another 15 minutes, I asked the bartender. He finally sent someone over to us and the guy came back to check on us frequently. I quickly lost the $50.00 in free slot play, but I walked away only losing $5.00 of my own money. I also received $10.00 in free slot play from my player's card. The blackjack table was a minimum of $15.00 and roulette and craps was a minimum of $10.00. The casino is small , but they do have an area for non smoking players. My only other complaint is that I didn't see anyone cleaning up and glasses were stacked up and ashtrays were full.

New York City, New York
“Not Recommended”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Purchased a great deal on group on, however i should have listened to all the reviews that were made. Hotel room was a"blast from the past something from 1950-1960. Old out dated flower furniture, smelly room, huge jacazzu that DID NOT WORK, leaking ceilings, hair on the bed. There was a dirty towel left in the bathroom (assuming the cleaning staff). Food was okay however very overpriced. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone. If they maintain the rooms the way they maintain the casino I would have had a diffrent review.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Casino treated me well”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Though the casino is a bit small, the staff were wonderful. The craps dealer was very funny and walked me through the game -- I walked away a winner!

Ambler, Pennsylvania
“Poor hotel security”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

When I went to get off the elevator to go to my room the entire hallway was filled with white powder smoke, all four lounge chairs along with the middle table turned upside. Ran across the hallway to get to my room to call downstairs to let them know what is going on the 3rd floor. Apparently, their security did not see on the camera screens that there was smoke and furniture turned upside down. Not sure how bright the security is on the casino floor is but if it is anything like the hotel, well you get the point. He did thank me for calling them to let them know what was going on. When I asked what is that smell he said don't worry about it a group, kids discharged the Fire Extinguishers in the hallway. The smell was just terrible you could not breathe. The poor cleaning up crew had to clean up the mess without any protective gear on or any masks over their face. What great working conditions you have in place. Poor guys cleaning it up the mess were coughing all over the place. The hotel did not call 911. I checked in at around 7pm Friday night and rushed to the hospital at 4 am Saturday morning. Since,I breathe in so much of that chemical in it gave me a terrible headache and broke out with an allergic reaction on my skin. No to mention my daughter has asthma breathing in those chemical fumes set off her asthma. No one from the hotel even both calling me to see how I was doing. They knew I was rushed to the hospital. When waiting for the ambulance to come one of the security guards was kind enough to let me dad know that they always have a problems here at the hotel. Between the underage drinking crowd or cars being broken into and robbed each weekend. Well in case you were wondering they did charge me for my hotel stay. I am sure I will have to pay my copay for the ER as well. Well good luck staying there.

Visited July 2013
Brick, Nj
7 attraction reviews
“Mini Vacation at Valley Forge Casino”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

It was a very great place to stay, nothing bad to say. Had a blast. Room was a suite, large and comfortable. King bed, comfortable. Large bath. Very clean room. Casino was great, live music, dancing, large bar with slots built in, great slots, great tables. Super service through out.