“Wow! A Sheraton which feels like four stars!” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Red Bank, New Jersey
“Wow! A Sheraton which feels like four stars!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I had a great time at this hotel and feel inclined to write a long review. I stayed once to visit people in the area, and then decided to come back again multiple times as an escape from a Hurricane Sandy power outage.

This brand new Sheraton is similar to some of the new ones that have a very "four star feel" to them. The rooms are average size, but very nicely designed and appointed. The studio suite is definitely the better value. If it's not much more, and within your budget, the studio suite will give you a large well designed space that is extremely comfortable and has a HUGE bathroom with double sinks. The hotel layout can require a lot of walking, and if walking is an issue request a room near the elevator. There were some minor design glitches. The studio suite BR had no soap dish or any place to put anything in the stall. The regular room shower stalls were half open and water tended to spill. The lobby lets in a lot of cold air which tends to make people at one side of the bar cold. These are all minor glitches which I'm sure will be addressed in time and shouldn't discourage anybody from staying there.

The van service to the mall was very convenient and reliable. I had quite some time to meet staff, and they were all great. The lobby has a very comfortable computer lab with great monitors and convenient printing.

The restaurant requires special mention. It's not your typical hotel restaurant. It's actually a satellite location of a great Philly restaurant. The Italian food was great, and this is the type of place you could bring a client. It often gets booked and is patronized by local residents. It's not budget priced, but you feel like you're paying for high quality rather than just hotel markup. The portions were also large.The price was very reasonable for high quality food in a hotel. The bar was great too, with amazing bar staff. The bar manager is very passionate about his work and an awesome person. I would patronize the restaurant and bar if I lived in the area.

This is a great new property with beautiful rooms, a great staff, a great bar, and and a top notch Italian restaurant. It is convenient to KOP Mall, and several nearby universities. I look forward to returning to The Sheraton Valley Forge.

Room Tip: Studio suites here are a great value unlike some hotels; if walking is an issue request close to the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
HJK27, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It was our pleasure to serve you during the difficult aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. This was a challenging time for us all and I am glad that we were able to provide you with a comforting experience in the midst of a less than desirable situation. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Valley Forge soon...under better circumstances!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel opened in October after buying a Clarion property and tearing it down to build this one. I see others have noted the staff lacking, but everyone I spoke to knew what they were doing. Even if they didn't, I was happy to stay here, as everything is brand new with no wear and tear and layers of dust in unseen places. The hotel is a large square with a courtyard in the middle. I had to walk 3 very long corridors to get to my room and found out the next day that going the other way made it shorter. So if walking that distance is not for you, request a room close to the elevator. All in all, it was a very nice experience for an overnight shopping trip to the King of Prussia area.

Room Tip: Ask for room close to elevator to avoid long walks.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
HJK27, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm glad that you enjoyed your experience and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton soon!
Auburn, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Recently stayed here on a girls weekend of shopping at the King of Prussia Mall. The hotel was very clean, our room, the halls, the elevtors, lobby etc.... All staff we encountered were very pleasent and helpful. The price was very fair especially for such a nice facility. If you are shopping and visitng as we were it is super easy to find from the mall approx 1 mile. The only issue we had was the water in our sink in our bathroom took at least three minutes (with no exageration) to get hot/warm, so brrrr when you wash your hands when done in the failities lol.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HJK27, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the new Sheraton Valley Forge. I'm glad that your experience was a positive one and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I arrived at the Sheraton on Thursday morning maybe around 11 a.m, after a long flight I really just wanted to shower and take a nap. I was greeted by a young lady named Courtney who was super sweet & pleasant. I told her I would like to check in, she did inform me that check in wasn't until 3, and unfortunately my room (suite) wasn't ready yet. She was super apologetic, and I could tell she felt bad. She then immediately grabbed a phone and made a call (I'm assuming it was to housekeeping) and asked if they could have a room ready for me as soon as possible. She was told it would be a few minutes and I was completely fine with that. I appreciated her effort, I've been to several hotels where the front desk is pretty strict on their "check-in is at 3" policy. While I was waiting, we began chatting, she told me where everything in the hotel was located and even offered to look up directions to where my business meeting would be held the next day. She was truly a sweetheart and she made an awesome first impression on the hotel. When I arrived into my room, it was super modern and I loved the layout of the studio suite, the bed was also amazing. Great room, Great service, Awesome experience.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for recognizing Courtney in our Guest Services Department. Your kind words have been shared with our entire team, and we greatly appreciate your recognition. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This new hotel is great! As someone who is on the road traveling for business 70% if the year, it was a treat to have genuine kindness and service from the staff. Kelly the Guest Services Manager is leading the way on personalized service.

• Stayed November 2012
HJK27, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for sharing your positive experience. Kelly and her team were thrilled to hear that they were recognized for a job well done. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I stayed her due to the fact that I had to make my way back and forth between the city and suburbs. I found out this hotel had only been opened a month. There were a few issues that they were working out, but considering they just opened and were hit by hurricane Sandy, it was a very pleasant stay. The room was great, and the staff friendly. The F&B is still working out some kinks (this could have also been due to the storm)

Overall I would highly recommend this property if you are looking for a place outside of the city.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your overall experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton soon!
Richardson, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

This brand new Sheraton is very nice and well decorated. The beds were awesome and the room was larger than normal. They couldn't provide a king room and no suite updrades were available for me as an SPG Platinum guest. The first room I was assigned was great except the door was open between the adjacent suite. I closed it, but it wouldn't lock. Tried calling guest services and front desk but got no answer. Walked back to lobby and was assigned a new room. The front desk supervisor noted the problem and sent maintenance to work on it.

During my trek around the 5th floor, I noticed how dirty the hallway carpeting app read to be. Almost like construction debris, littering the new carpeting. And tons of room service trays, with dinner leftovers adorned the halls. Plus my favorite...a crib left in the hallway full org room service trays and empty beer bottles. Nice!

My new room was great. The Ethernet cable that connects from the phone to my laptop was wired wrong ad it got stuck in my laptop. I had to get a screwdriver to unlatch the cable; the end designed for the phone side is a security type to prevent folks from taking their cable, but it was installed backwards.

And the shower/tub had several long black hairs in the tub before my first use.

So if they invest in some vacuums and actually use them in the hallways, it should get better. And some quality controls on housekeeping. It's a big place and needs a huge staff; I don't think they are 100%.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback. I am truly sorry for the challenges you encountered while staying with us, and I have addressed each of your concerns with our team here at the hotel. I am confident that your next experience will exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton soon.

Been to Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel? Share your experiences!