“Fairfield Inn, King of Prussia, PA” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Fairfield Inn, King of Prussia, PA”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

For a Fairfield Inn by Marriott I would have to say this is only an average hotel. The hotel has an older feel to it. It is located directly across the street from King of Prussia Mall so the location is great if you want to be close to that. You can actually walk to the mall within a few minutes. There is a Joe's Crab Shack restaurant right around the corner within easy walking distance.

Room Tip: It is easy to drive by this hotel the first time. Look for the Crown Plaza and turn in there, the F...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
KOPKingofPrussia, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Valley Forge/King of Prussia, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for staying with us at the Fairfield inn in King of Prussia. I am glad that the location of the hotel was a benefit to you. We hope to see you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Capelle aan den IJssel, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We booked the hotel based on the positive reviews and we were not disappointed. It is a decent, business hotel with spacious rooms, clean and comfortable. The hotel is very close to King of Prussia Mall and several restaurants nearby. Altough it is close to the higway, it is quiet at night. Good free parking and staff is friendly too. Defenitly would go here again.

Room Tip: We stayed ground floor and that was ok. Don't accet a room near the icemachine or close to the e...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
KOPKingofPrussia, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Valley Forge/King of Prussia, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time to comment on the Fairfield Inn. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to accomiate you. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Centerville, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Overall it was OK as far as lower end hotels for business go. I was disappointed no USA Today in the restaurant or at the front desk. As a Platinum I am used to upgrades, at least a queen bed but was put in a room with two doubles. The hotel location is in the King of Prussia Mall which makes it convenient for shopping but the lights and noise are extended to long days. The AC unit was noisy and required turning up the volume to get the news, then when it shut down the TV was too loud. I could hear people above me on the next floor so it was not the quietist Fairfield I have stayed in. Breakfast was OK, more than the Jimmy Dean McMuffin things. Because of business and brand loyalty to Marriott I would stay there again due to proximity to a client, but maybe next time look for a Courtyard by Marriott.

Room Tip: Prices were high too because of the Mall proximity
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The location of this hotel is the first reason I decided to stay here and is the main reason I will stay here again when I return. The hotel is within walking distance to a lot of restaurants and just a short drive from our corperate offices. As mentioned by others the hotel is dated but very clean. I was very impressed when I got a call to my home the day before I was due to arrive and was told the pool and hot tub would be closed for servicing during my stay and that if that was a problem I might want to consider another hotel in the area. I was equally unimpressed when I checked in and discovered that I had been assigned a room with 2 doubles ( I am a Platinum Member ) and I asked if there were any upgrades available to a king. I was informed there were but that it would cost me to get upgraded. I just declined. Later I asked a different person at the front desk if that was the new policy and he apologized that I was told that. Everyone was firendly and the location is great, and for those reasons a give it a very good. If the hotel was located elsewhere, and because of it age I would have went for an average rating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Everything was great.The staff were really helpfull and I highly recommend this hotel.

It was very well maintained and a wonderfull place to stay.Nothing to worry about go and enjoy.

One suggestion forget about Sullivans Steak house there are really other excellent ones near buy.They may be a few dollars more but they are well worth it.

Room Tip: Everything in the hotel was excelant .I was a little concerned when I came accross a bad review and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I just stayed at this property while in PA. The staff is so friendly and hospitable! It's a great home away from home! The accommodations are very nice and extremely clean. It's located next to king of Prussia mall and many good places to dine within walking distance! LA fitness is attached to the hotel! Make your reservation today, you'll enjoy your stay! The breakfast is also very good!

• Stayed July 2013
Providence, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I've been traveling to this area for 10+ years for business and have probably stayed in 50 different hotels during that time. This was the first time I stayed in the Fairfield Inn, which was only be necessity given the things I have heard about it from other people I work with that have stayed there. The short version is that they were spot on. I am a Marriott Platinum member which I usually never depend on, however when I checked in and was given the last room on the first floor in the hallway that connects everyone to the Bally's fitness center, I did go back to the front desk to ask for a change of rooms. I was then given a room on the 4th floor which turned out to be next to the elevator and the ice machine. I didn't bother asking again however I did mention my disappointment when I checked out. The general manager was sitting right next to the checkout woman I was having the discussion with and never once intervened, apologized or offered any explanation. To top it all off, I was given the wrong bill when I checked out early. Bottom line: despite the location, there are literally dozens of hotels better than this old, worn down excuse (Crowne Plaza next door is A+), especially for $199+ a night. The carpet is old, the AC barely works, the bathroom is straight out of 1978 (maybe prior). Before the some member of the hotel comes on to 'explain' this away, go check out room 420 and decide for yourself. When you have a general manager that sits on the sidelines, coupled with the fact that they apparently don't value their Marriott rewards members, that should tell you everything you need to know. Horrendous.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn Valley Forge/King of Prussia? Share your experiences!