We too were at the International Trumpet Guild Conference 2014, and we stayed on the Casino Tower side so we did not have the Sleep Number Beds. We had requested a King Suite, and received a fairly nice room with a sitting room at the front, a hallway with a frig, microwave and a sink, and a King bedroom area. The windows were all in the bedroom area, so the sitting area in the front was slightly dark. Despite the frig and the microwave, be aware that there is no table and chairs in the room if you want to eat a meal. The coffee table and sofa will have to do. Also, some of the rooms in this hotel have NO WINDOWS - be sure to inquire about this before booking.
I don't know if this hotel was just overwhelmed with the amount of guests during this conference or if this is normal, cleaning of these rooms was evidently a problem. One day our room didn't get cleaned at all. On another day, I had to ask for it to be cleaned around 4 pm. When we came back, all that was done was a change of towels and our bed was made up with the same linens. We kept losing the tv signal on both televisions at different times. Wifi was free but unreliable. On the plus side, the beds were comfortable and the room did not smell like smoke.
Food was really expensive, both in the Casino Food Court and the nicer restaurants on the Raddison side. In the food court, a hot dog was $10.50 and burgers and fries were $12. The $15 breakfast buffet at Nosh on the Raddison side was good but way too expensive for what was being offered. We were completely blindsided by the cost of food for this trip.
We received a fair price for this room but might have been a better value at another hotel where breakfast would be free and the rooms would be cleaned more consistently.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Casino Tower is connected to the Valley Forge Convention Center and the Radisson Valley Forge in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. Our hotel facility embodies the complete travel experience for every occasion.Our property overlooks the vast green hills of the Valley Forge National Historical Park, which consists of 3,600 acres of lush green land and historical monuments and is just minutes away from King of Prussia Mall, the largest retail mall in America.The Casino Tower boasts an ideal place for world-class conferences and is a destination for families and couples to relax and refresh. You'll find local attractions such as golf courses, spas, art galleries, paintball, wineries and shopping, all located nearby.The Casino Tower is located only 18 miles outside of downtown Philadelphia and convenient to the Philadelphia International Airport.The mission at The Casino Tower is to exceed your expectations.Our hotel's high standards for excellence and attention to detail have established The Casino Tower as a great leisure destination and our distinguished meeting facilities and services as the best in the industry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Valley Forge Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valley Forge Scanticon Hotel King Of Prussia
- Hotel Valley Forge Scanticon