“You might find another hotel if possible” 3 of 5 stars

Valley Forge Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1210 First Ave., King of Prussia, PA 19406   |
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Austin
“You might find another hotel if possible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We too were at the International Trumpet Guild Conference 2014, and we stayed on the Casino Tower side so we did not have the Sleep Number Beds. We had requested a King Suite, and received a fairly nice room with a sitting room at the front, a hallway with a frig, microwave and a sink, and a King bedroom area. The windows were all in the bedroom area, so the sitting area in the front was slightly dark. Despite the frig and the microwave, be aware that there is no table and chairs in the room if you want to eat a meal. The coffee table and sofa will have to do. Also, some of the rooms in this hotel have NO WINDOWS - be sure to inquire about this before booking.

I don't know if this hotel was just overwhelmed with the amount of guests during this conference or if this is normal, cleaning of these rooms was evidently a problem. One day our room didn't get cleaned at all. On another day, I had to ask for it to be cleaned around 4 pm. When we came back, all that was done was a change of towels and our bed was made up with the same linens. We kept losing the tv signal on both televisions at different times. Wifi was free but unreliable. On the plus side, the beds were comfortable and the room did not smell like smoke.

Food was really expensive, both in the Casino Food Court and the nicer restaurants on the Raddison side. In the food court, a hot dog was $10.50 and burgers and fries were $12. The $15 breakfast buffet at Nosh on the Raddison side was good but way too expensive for what was being offered. We were completely blindsided by the cost of food for this trip.

We received a fair price for this room but might have been a better value at another hotel where breakfast would be free and the rooms would be cleaned more consistently.

Room Tip: Some rooms have no windows so be sure to inquire about that.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Richard B, General Manager at Valley Forge Casino, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. There is no reason for your room not cleaned properly every day during your stay. This is definitely an operational issue and it has been brought to the attention of our housekeeping management. We were in the process of upgrading to a high definition TV signal during your stay and did experience some unanticipated service interruptions created by the installation. I do apologize for the inconvenience. We do have an ala carte breakfast menu in Nosh that you should have been given the option of using. It has numerous items other than the buffet and at different price points. We appreciate the input and will utilize your comments to determine what can be done to improve overall.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Exeter
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the International Trumpet Guild Conference 2014. The conference was great, the hotel not so much! For $159 a night, we should not have to call downstairs multiple times for simple items like washcloths for two people and toilet paper. The room was clean, but barely and very shabby. There were Sleep Number Beds in the room and it took forever to figure out how to get the number to a comfortable level. Breakfast was $15 for the buffet, but the food was good and they had a chef making omelettes to order. There was only one restaurant for breakfast if you ate at the hotel. There was a sports bar for lunch and dinner or much more expensive choices. Even the sports bar was pretty pricey, averaging around $15 for a meal for one person. Also, my friend is a vegetarian and she had very few choices. The staff in the restaurants were nice and efficient, even if they were running around taking care of everyone. Staff elsewhere acted like we were a bother. God forbid that you should want a washcloth or toilet paper! This is not a hotel I would choose to stay at. I was only there due to our conference.

Room Tip: NONE. Do NOT stay here, especially if you don't like a casino type atmosphere!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Richard B, General Manager at Valley Forge Casino, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding the Valley Forge Casino. It was concerning to hear your comments as we typically get very good comments on our staff and guest service. Certainly your experience is not indicative of the service we expect our staff to provide. We have numerous successful events at the casino and all are advertised timely and punctual. I am thinking that the staff members you interacted with were not as well versed as they should have been. We have four sets of restrooms in convenient locations throughout the casino and entry area. Possibly the signage was not as pronounced as needed. I apologize for your inconvenience and please be assured your comments have been reviewed with the proper individuals.
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

This hotel is your typical casino hotel. It was a little run down but fairly clean. The room was large and actually quiet.The bathtub had someone else s hair in it! Also it was full of cigarette burns. We had guest come to go to the casino with us and they had to join the casino before they could get in. That seemed a little weird. No breakfast included in the room price but no big deal. All in all it was ok. Not sure I would seek it out again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience at the Valley Forge Casino Resort. We are in the planning process for a room renovation in the Casino Tower which will have a dramatic effect on the appearance of the rooms and eliminate the issues you described. However there is no reason that you should not have had a perfectly clean room. We certainly understand the issue with having evidence from a previous guest in your room. We work diligently to prevent this and I apologize that we did not in this instance. Your comments have been relayed to housekeeping management for their information. We are required by our gaming license to charge a fee for entry to the casino but access is available if $10 is spent anywhere in the facility or by purchasing a $10 gift card that can be used in any area of the resort. Room guests of the hotel receive access with their room.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Rude staff who could care less about their customers. They are uninformed or misinformed, but they don't seem to care. I actually had one woman shrug me off to flirt with a customer (in front of his lady friend) rather than help me find someone who could help me since she could not. Disorganized events- wrong start time, no announcements or information shared, poorly planned- no places to sit, no available restroom, no plates for a food based event!. Overall poor quality. Avoid if possible!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Wilson, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Was at the hotel for a convention. the hotel is very old, worn and honestly very dirty. I was disgusted having to stay at such a property. If the staff was welcoming, it may have made a difference. The tubs were huge and very dirty with grout issues. There was a piece of dental floss on the waste recepticle by the elevator that was there for my entire stay. I would NEVER stay there again. I was near an ice machine and at the end of the hall, yet I heard noise all night long.

Room Tip: To my knowledge, there weren't very many good rooms to choose from. I was on the top floor and...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
It is never pleasant to hear that a guest has experienced cleanliness issues in our guest rooms. This is totally unacceptable and I assure you, not the result that we work very hard to prevent. We are in the planning process for a full renovation of the Tower which will dramatically improve the room décor, but cleanliness is a basic that every guest deserves regardless of the age of the room. My apologies for your inconvenience. We are better than this and there is no excuse.
Diamond Point, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Was here for a business conference check in went fast and very efficient . Got to our room and the door was open. It took us awhile to see if the maid was done .The carpet was not vacuumed. My friend was happy to see a large whirlpool tub in the bathroom until we saw the soap scum ring. You can't miss it because it's a darker color than the tub. I guess the maid did not think its important to scrub the the tub . Hair in the tub also. I am very picky with motel/hotel rooms having owned my own for 20 years. Someone hasn't been checking on the maids work.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to bring the issues with your room to our attention. Any cleanliness issue is unacceptable and we fully understand the importance of a clean bathtub. Scrubbing the tub is not an option and it should be spotless upon arrival. I apologize for the inconvenience and have addressed the issues in detail with housekeeping management.
Wayne, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

My landlord put me and my elderly mother up in this hotel for a week in mid-April while he had my bathroom remodeled. I think he chose it because it's fairly close to my house and job, and because it's pretty inexpensive as hotels in the area go. Those are really the only two good things that I can say about the entire experience. My first impression was poor--I asked the valet attendant which door would put me closer to the Check-In Desk so that Mom wouldn't have to walk extra steps and he said "Both doors lead to the same place". Then we couldn't even FIND the registration desk--you have to take the elevator up a floor. The gentleman who checked us in was polite, but despite my mother's obvious infirmity never asked if we required a handicapped room. It wasn't until we were glancing through the Hotel Guide in the room that we knew such a thing was even available. Our room was oddly-shaped and not clean at all. In fact, on two of the days during our stay housekeeping didn't even come. The rug was stained and dirty, the air conditioning unit looked older than I am, was loud, and emitted an unpleasant odor. The tub was too slippery, and when my call for a bath mat was ignored, we just took to putting a towel in the bottom of the tub while we showered. The bed linens were cheap and scratchy, and the the box spring covers were dirty and dusty. The television was small and way too far away from the beds. The decor was mismatched and gave the impression that items and carpet were pulled from other hotels and re-used without a thought to the overall final effect. The casino itself was smoky and smelly and the choice of slot machines was not even close to comparable with Chester. The prices in the Food Court were outrageous. There was no handicapped parking lot dedicated to GUESTS, so the lot was always full of people visiting the casino, leaving no where for handicapped guests to park--ridiculous. Lastly, we had to check out at 6:30 Saturday morning, but the automated checkout procedure on the TV was not available, so we lugged all of our stuff down to the first floor and lugged it all out of the elevator, only to find the registration desk deserted. I waited a few minutes and finally called the operator. I got someone at the Radisson next door who told me that I should just leave the room keys on the desk and she would check me out. It was one of the worst hotel experiences of my life, and I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Richard B, General Manager at Valley Forge Casino, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Valley Forge Casino Resort. I apologize for any inconvenience that you were caused by these issues. The front desk is a floor above the casino entrance and well signed from the valet entrance. The valet attendant should have given you specific instructions and noted the signs. It would have made it quite easy to find. There is no excuse for not receiving housekeeping service. It is our standard to clean every room every day unless no service is requested by the guest. We have numerous handicapped parking spots and they are in frequent use by all our guests but we also offer free valet service m24 hours a day which is more convenient than the handicapped parking available. There is no excuse for a room being dirty. We have many resources available to us to properly maintain our guestrooms so carpets, air conditioning and bedding should always be clean and in good operating condition. We also use 300 thread count sheets which if laundered properly should never be scratchy. Your comments have been relayed and discussed with the proper individuals. It is apparent we did not meet your expectations and we need to be cognizant of all observations and make every effort to address.

Been to Valley Forge Casino? Share your experiences!