“Not good at all including the customer service at the check in to the casino floor” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Valley Forge Casino

You added Valley Forge Casino to your Saves list
Valley Forge Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1210 First Ave., King of Prussia, PA 19406   |
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Will not come back here again so disappointed for the service from casino floor to the. Check in counter such a bad experience no great customer service the room is dirty the hallway such a mess there carpet. Is dirty as well

• Stayed July 2013
Richard B, General Manager at Valley Forge Casino, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you for your comments. It is very disappointing whenever I hear that we have disappointed a guest. I will discuss the basics of your comments with my staff based on the information given. I apologize for any issues you had and assure you we continue to work to improve our operation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Fairview Park, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We didn't hate it. It was a typical hotel. It needs updated. I enjoyed the GINORMOUS shower with super hot water. It was nice to have a seating area and a bedroom. The casino was verrrry tight. We didn't do well at all. There didn't seem to be much celebrating going on anywhere down there.
I do have to say that all of the employees we met were super nice and helpful. The first room they put us in, the air was not working. The engineer went way out of his way to make sure we got another room and that the air was working.
Anyway, overall it was a good stay. We spent a day in philly doing typical tourist stuff, which i highly recommend. We toured valley forge and that was super cool too. Its an excellent location and for $99 a night you cant beat it.

• Stayed July 2013
We appreciate your comments and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you take advantage of the value we offer and return. I can assure you that we have winners in the casino and hope that you will be one next time.
BOYNTON BEACH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We booked an over night stay using a Groupon deal and we had a great time. We had a king suite with a living room area, a spacious bedroom and a jacuzzi tub. All clean, modern and very comfortable. We were given a $50 casino credit and a $40 meal credit. The casino is small but more than adequate and seemed to give a reasonable payout compared to any other casino. For dinner we dined at Viviano's. On Sunday they offered a $25 per person dinner which was excellent and very generous....Apps, salad, entrees and dessert. We found the staff to be friendly and accommodating in every way. Thumbs up! We would definitely go back! It is also a good starting off point for a visit to Philadelphia.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our Groupon deal, your dining experience and the staff. We will be doing additional Goupon deals in the near future and hope you will take advantage and return.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

the owners of this place should be embarrassed to lure NYers here when they have so many casinos to choose from which are big and offer payouts. First I didn't think the room was that bad- except the AC seemed old and loud- the noise kept me awake- the bed was kind of lumpy and not comfortable. I almost broke my nails trying to turn the lamp knobs. The tv and refrigerator were operating. I didn't think there were enough dining options. I ate at the Tavern which was just ok. I didnt like that I had to spend whole dining credit of $40 at dinner. I preferred the food court but didnt see anyone dining there and was concerned the food may not be fresh. The prime es well over $40 for dinner so I ordered soup and two sandwiches at the Valley. I ate one sandwich for breakfast. The worst feature was the casino. It is too small and I did get additional $5 for guessing the vault number so I had free play totalling $55.I went to play at 1 a m and found the slots very tight. I was not happy. I had a similar deal in Atlantic city two months is shameful. ago and they paid you back with slot wins. Not Valley Forge. It is shameful. After I use off my Groupons I will never go back there. The casino is embarrassing, the hotel is as well and so are the restaurants.

Room Tip: don't stay there
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I’m surprised that you feel we did not have enough dining options as we have 7 restaurants and lounges with very varied cuisine and selections. The Food Court is very popular and I can assure you that it is a very fresh product that is used. We receive excellent comments and the casino and the Groupon offer that you purchased as the cost is basically offset by the complimentary items. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.
Montrose, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was a little hesitant to stay here because of the many awful reviews I read online. In fact, I almost cancelled and booked another hotel but decided to give it try. I am SO happy that I did!

I had a wonderful stay in the casino hotel. I was taking a class at Villanova for 2 days so I stayed 2 nights. My room was very spacious, with a comfortable bed and working air conditioning. The TV was nice and there were complimentary bottles of water in the room and a refrig to put them in.

The bathtub/shower was huge and the hot water was wonderful. I had read some horrible reviews about the terrible condition of the rooms and the showers, but my room on the 5th floor was fine.

I had purchased a Groupon and it incuded $40 credit each night. Both nights I ate ate at the Italian restaurant and had a wonderful dinner. The first night I had scallops and the second night I had lamb. The desserts were wonderful too. I got them to go and took them back to the room for a snack later.

I would definitely stay here again. The Casino is on the first floor and the hotel registration is actually on the second floor, but it was no problem. To get the food credit I just had to take a paper coupon back down to a desk on the first floor where they loaded my credit onto a card for me to use.

I also had a 30 minute massage at the spa on my second night with Donna, who was wonderful! I would definitely go back there and request her again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the Groupon deal. We hope you have the opportunity to return and enjoy our hospitality again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I took advantage of the Groupon offer for a one night stay with $50 casino credit and $40 dining voucher. Honestly, it was a great experience! The hotel was very easy to get to and the staff that I encountered were fine. We were given a HUGE suite that was extremely comfortable. I should note that the coffeemaker and one AC unit were not functioning, but for a one night stay it certainly wasn't the end of the world. My boyfriend and I ate at the Valley Tavern and had a few drinks. The Tavern staff was great, as was the food and overall atmosphere. The casino was fun and not at all crowded making it that much more pleasant. All in all, for a quick getaway, the Groupon deal was perfect. Not sure why so many negative reviews, but my boyfriend and I would definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, the facilities and the great value of our Groupon offer. You should not have experienced issues with either your air conditioning or coffee pot and I hope that you brought it to our attention and it was rectified quickly. We will have future Groupon deals and hope that you do take advantage and return.
PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My experience at the VFCR was probably the worst hotel experience I've had in my lifetime. So bad that we checked in at 3pm and checked out a few hours later! We were sucked in by the awesome Groupon special - we bought the overnight deal that came with free slot play and a dining credit, as well as a one-night stay. And we didn't even stay the night! RIP OFF! We arrived and since there are no signs to the "Casino Towers" I entered the Radisson next door (Radisson owns two hotels here), waited in line to check in, and then found out we were in the wrong place. Once we got to the room, the decor and rooms are dated - I can deal with that. But what I can't deal with was the lack of basic hotel cleanliness!

As far as cleanliness is concerned - I wouldn't even let an animal stay here! Room 2502 - Black mold in the bathroom and on the ceiling tiles. Cracked/peeling paint in the room, curtains were very dirty, bathroom light went out after being on for a few minutes, bathroom fan just hanging by the wires in the bathroom. The sheets had brown/yellow stains on them and there were several hairs on the pillows - clearly the pillowcases weren't changed. The microwave had old "exploded" food stuck on the inside. The mini refrigerator didn't work. The carpet inside the room was so nasty that it turned my socks black after walking around for an hour. The walls were dirty. Check out the pictures that substantiate these facts.

From the looks of below average reviews over the past 12+ months, all that management does is apologize and doesn't do anything that focuses on areas for potential improvements for future guests. No apology needed from you, management, you clearly don't care - but my advice to future guests is to do your due diligence and book elsewhere! I will never stay here again, nor will I ever recommend it to anyone I know. In fact, I will pass the word along to my friends to spend the money to stay somewhere different.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, don't stay here!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
That you for your comments. I was certainly disappointing to hear your comments, especially the condition of your room. This is clearly unacceptable and we immediately removed the room from service for a complete maintenance and housekeeping evaluation and correction of all the items. This was physically reviewed with the individuals responsible to be sure that if we have any room that has any of these issues it is immediately removed from inventory and corrected. I do apologize for these conditions. Be assured that we do review every comment and respond as best as possible with the information we are given.

Been to Valley Forge Casino? Share your experiences!