“great brunch” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kimberton Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Kimberton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“great brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Dined here last month as a birthday treat from my son & his wife. Had a great brunch. Food excellent, comfortable, relaxing atmosphere.

Visited March 2013

Headley, United Kingdom
“Excellent find, great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was taken to the Kimberton a few weeks ago by some business colleagues and what an experience it was. Nestled away in an area full of history from the War of Independence, this restaurant provides a little of the "old worlde charm" that you get in spades in certain parts of England. A very diverse menu, ensures everyone has a good choice and that all pallets are catered for. The food is very reasonably priced and was cooked to perfection, with portion sizes that are sensible! The staff were attentive, but not overly so. I rate this as one of the best restaurants I have eaten in on the East Coast.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Amazing meal, great service and ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is a top notch restaurant where I have never have not totally enjoyed all parts of the meal and service. A wonderful place for a special occasion. A little pricier than some where the average person may want to dine every day but it is well worth every penny. My friend and I celebrated a birthday here recently and enjoyed a table in front of a well attended wood burning fire that was very welcoming on a cool night. Lobster appetizers were delicious and specialty drinks wonderful. Scallops were perfection. Everyone was quite attentive to our needs starting with the host upon arrival. We did not feel rushed to open up our table so,was able to enjoy relaxing and catching up in life while we dined. There is no dress code here so technically someone can wear jeans but I would not feel comfortable doing so with the more formal decor and many others who appear to dress up a but for their dining experience here. I highly recommend this establishment. No outdoor seating. Bar in the back with live music. Dinner starts at 5:30

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Ambience, history, but the food lacks.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Charming, historical and a lovely atmosphere for a romantic dinner or a special night out with friends. The area is beautiful and very "Pennsylvania history". Parking is available in a lot and the staff was absolutely helpful, professional and accommodating. I have no complaints with the people, the live music (soothing and jazzy)... except... the entrees were lacking. The cocktails were delicious, so that was a plus, but perhaps I should mention what we ordered for dinner. Appetizers: scallops for me, and coconut shrimp for my friend... apps were lovely. The scallops were done well and the peas in the light cream sauce were crisp and fresh. My friend loved the coconut shrimp and the spicy horseradish garnish and the portions were great. Entrees... sundried-tomato risotto (the only vegetarian entree) was risotto "pasta" with pasta sauce tossed on top. It felt thrown together and unthoughtful. ($18). My dish... twin lobster tails ($40) was very disappointing. The lobster tails were very small and soggy and smothered with a heavy tan sauce. They sat atop a pastry that had soaked up the sauce, so they were very mushy. I absolutely love lobster and believe it has its own wonderful taste without much embellishment, however, the chef tried to be too creative, was perhaps underthinking a simple delicacy and wanted to put his/her signature on it... I'm not sure, but for the price (and I would pay for a lobster dish without question) it was severely disappointing.

I think the charm and history of the place will continue to attract customers, but certain dishes need to be addressed if they want to be a true gem all around. We probably will not be returning, although I feel hasty as I have not tried everything on the menu, but the two dishes really turned us off.

Suggestions... please offer more vegetarian creations, especially in this day and age, and let the food's tastes speak for themselves and embellish on the natural flavor.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“A romantic setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

A very nice, relaxing place to go with your significant other. Food is great and the service has always been very good.

Visited December 2012