“Breathtaking......” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Type: Historic Sites, Gardens, Geologic Formations, Valleys, Outdoors
Activities: Viewing foliage
More attraction details
Owner description: The garden spreads out over 1,000 acres and includes 20 distinct gardens in the conservatory alone.
Clinton, New Jersey
45 attraction reviews
“Breathtaking......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

This was my third visit to Longwood Gardens over the years. I visited in the summer, fall and Christmas time. Each time is breathtaking. If you want to really see the gardens, get good walking shoes and plan on spending most of the day there. They also have wheelchairs and electric scooters available and saw several seniors on them and it looked like they are user friendly. Be sure to check the website. Sometimes there are outdoor concerts, bell tower concerts, fountain shows, fireworks, etc. These things are not frequent, so be sure to plan ahead. There is a restaurant~sandwiches/fast food and a dining restaurant which sometimes has special events. Longwood Gardens is a show stopper and not to be missed!

Maple Shade, New Jersey
20 attraction reviews
“Always takes my breath away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

One of my favorite places to go when I need to reconnect with nature. Expect to spend a majority of your day and take it all in at a leisurly pace. Every bloom, path, scent leads to better things. I get lost when there just wanting to make sure I see everything. The treehouses are great if you have younger ones or even the young at heart.
My favorite part after many years of visiting are the fountains. I'm amazed at the percision of the jets and the peacefullness of just watching them. My son's favorite part would be the catfish in the lake. They are huge and scary looking if you ask me. Bring some bread they will come right up to the surface for a quick meal.

Visited August 2011
Wrentham, Massachusetts
“Longwood Gardens - Better Than Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Our group of 6 adults went to Longwood Gardens this past weekend and were amazed and quite pleased how nicely kept everything still was. We hadn't been there for a number of years so we were not sure what to expect, but what a pleasant surprise! Several attractions, including fun activities for kids (and kids at heart), had been added and many of the areas that had previously been showing some wear had been refurbished. As always, the colors inside and outside of the Conservatory were amazing!

The food in the cafeteria remains as tasty as ever -- especially the Mushroom Soup!! YUM!!!

If you go, be sure to find the "Green Wall" in the Conservatory - I won't spoil the surprise for you....

Oh, if you plan to stay overnight, we found that reduced priced tickets were available in some room packages at local hotels.

Sutton, Massachusetts
“Magnificent....Every Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

My wife loves flowers and I love her, so Longwood Gardens is one of our favorite places to visit. We have been at various times of the year, and it is always magnificent. It is a credit to their 400 employees and 800 volunteers that they can keep the outdoor and indoor gardens so beautiful in all the changing seasons and climates. During this visit the water lilly gardens were in full bloom, and beautiful, and the people tending them were wonderful explaining all about them. We have stayed twice at the 1732 Folke Stone Bed and Breakfast in West Chester, Pa and we also recommend it highly if you enjoy staying at B&B's.

Cape May
4 attraction reviews
“Fall visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Hadn't been to the gardens in several years. They didn't disappoint. New additions of tree houses and the new children's garden are wonderful. The fall flowers and foliage were beautiful, as usual. Exhausting but worth it.