“Friendly laid-back place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kane Manor Country Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kane
Kane Manor Country Inn
You added Kane Manor Country Inn to your Saves list
230 Clay Street, Kane, PA 16735   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Kane B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Friendly laid-back place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

This is an interesting out of the way place (I had trouble finding it since we arrived at night).

It is an old mansion that has not yet been fully renovated so you may find some things a little bit quirky and it's not for travellers who need everything new and polished. It's full of antiques and charm. Our host was very nice and informative on things to see in the Allegheny Forest.

Definitely on our list for a return visit.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Amherst New hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

A Great old Kane Mansion with quite the history. If you want locks, deadbolts 12 forms of ID and and total lock-down of your lodging just to check in, seek that type of service elsewhere.

If you want a friendly, laid back, enjoy yourself no rush type of setting the Kane manor is the place. It is also in the heart of the Allegheny National Forest so it is a great location to go out and explore the greater area around Kane. The rooms are large, the antique beds you just sink into a comfort dreaming sleep, and Dave makes a detailed, hearty and scrumptious breakfast.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Birmingham, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Dave is very friendly and this is an interesting place to stop over. Booking was laid back over the internet and as we arrived early evening, Dave left a welcoming note and the keys to check ourselves in. The hotel is full of history - it is being renovated so parts are a little "unusual" but this was a clean, friendly, good value stop over on our road trip. Breakfast was freshly cooked. We had 2 interconnecting rooms with a bathroom shared - at $10 per night for each of our teenage sons in their own room, including their breakfast, with this was a really good value night.

We ate in town at Pepe's Pizza - the most enormous portions of delicious, freshly cooked food, friendly staff - be warned - how every hungry you are you will be hard pushed to finish a meal - huge! Share with at least 1 other person!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Universal City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

We have stayed at the Kane Manor B&B two summers running now. Dave is doing a fabulous job restoring the manor. We don't know how he does it as he works a night shift at a nearby prison, then hurries home to treat his guests to a wonderful full breakfast. Notice I said full breakfast...not continental breakfast. We definitely feel at home when stay at the inn.

Room Tip: No best room as they all are unique. No cookie cutter rooms here.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

With all of the great reiews we really wanted to try this out. VERY disappointed. We called to make a reservation and got the answering machine. Left all of our information. The message said they would call you back, well that never happened and a week later we are still waiting for a reply. We were up that way last week end and decided to stop and just talk to someone. Not a sole in sight but they leave the room keys with notes for other customers with their names on it in full view. Rang bell tried to call again while we were right there. NOTHING!!!!!! Will def. not try again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
North Port, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

I was a salesmen for years and would stop at the Manor for in those days for DINNER...I would call ahead and they would have dinner waiting for my arrival......I would have my cocktail on the front porch overlooking the trees.........I sold for a old company called REXALL.....I would service the local drug stores in the area......years later I sold for Nature's Bounty Vitamins and would visit here with my wife since she helped me in my job.......in those days you could only have BREAKFAST and the front porch was closed...I can remember on one early visit of having a heavy snow fall that night and walked to my car on a shoveled sidewalk and seeing my car completely cleared off of snow......Try that at a HOLIDAY INN.......Now living in FLORIDA, with a beautiful watercolor painting hanging in my home to remember me about the GREAT DAYS at the MANOR......Tom and Nancy Folkenroth

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

We enjoyed ourselves in this place that's a bit out of time. The owner is doing his best to accommodate everyone even while he is going through a lot of renovations. He is hard working and conscientious, creates a decent breakfast especially his famous Belgian waffles!

I would do this place again. If you are looking to get off the fast track, Route 6 and this place are for you.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Kane Manor Country Inn? Share your experiences!