“The only real hotel with good food in Johnstown” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Johnstown
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“The only real hotel with good food in Johnstown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

If Johnstown Pa. is on your travel list this is the only hotel with full amenities like a full service restaurant, indoor pool and banquet facility. Its walking distance to everything in downtown... flood museum, War Memorial Arena.

• Stayed October 2013
MelissaBird_JSTMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear rytr,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Downtown! We greatly appreciate hearing from our guests! I am so happy to read you enjoy every amenity our hotel has to offer; we truly do have something to offer to every one of our guests. Hope to see you again soon!

Many thanks,
Group Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I am a die-hard Marriott Rewards Member but there isn't a Marriott in Johnstown PA. The next best thing was the Holiday Inn. This was a clean and well kept downtown hotel with nice rooms and a good restaurant. Parking was tight but they had a garage too; all parking was $5.00.

Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
MelissaBird_JSTMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear JMMcD,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Downtown on your trip to Johnstown! I am happy that you decided to give us a try and even more pleased to read that you loved your stay! I would suggest signing up for our Rewards program, as well, for those times that your “go-to” is not available – I think you will be pleased with the program. We hope to see you again soon! Enjoy a wonderful day and thanks for taking time to share your feedback; we love hearing from our guests.

Warmest Regards,
Poquoson, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed for the 4th of July weekend. It was a very nice hotel. It was in the middle of Johnstown in a good area. We walked the town streets. Subway was very close. The pool was great. The bed was clean and comfy. I would recommend this Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor ok room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MelissaBird_JSTMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Michael S,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Downtown and for taking the time to post this review. We love reading what our guests have to say. I’m so happy to read that you enjoyed Johnstown and our hotel. Hope to see you again! Thank you.

Phenix City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We were there in 2011 and parked in the garage and rust got all over our truck. Had to call 3 times before I could speak with General Manager...Spoke with him and he said next time your in the area I will comp you a couple of nights..My husband never got all the rust off so we sold the truck...

We had a family emergency last week so we return for 6 days so I called the GM Monica left 2 messages she would never call back so I went down early one morning and she was there. Long story but no notes on the acct. and she said nothing she could do. I ask to speak with her Manager . Called left message and he did call me back. He said he was the GM at that time and he didn't recall speaking with me and if he had he would have filed a insurance claim.(No insurance claim was never mention to me ) . He couldn't do anything because he didn't say that. I guess I dreamed it. Lol.....And they had fixed the garage now.....Well I don't know what they fixed because they are stuff hanging down all over it..ALSO THEY CHARGE 5.00 Per DAY FOR PARKING NOW....Parking is awful there you have to park in the rusty garage........It's not my fault that the GM didn't make notes but I guess I paid for it....I would not stay at that hotel...You pay a lot and don't even get breakfast....We will never stay at that property again. We will be staying at the Comfort Inn next time. It's not worth the money and they want take care of you if you have a problem....

Room Tip: Go to another hotel !
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MelissaBird_JSTMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Shelia O,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback; we enjoy hearing from our guests. I do hope your family emergency was taken care of last week. In 2011, we did have a different General Manager than we currently do, which is why there are no notes on your claims. We are not aware of promises made by prior management and therefore, cannot honor them, as there is no signed documentation. I do apologize for your frustration. We did start charging a nominal parking fee in August of 2011; our guests enjoy the luxury of ample onsite parking in our secure lot and garage in the City of Johnstown. The Holiday Inn Downtown is a full-service hotel, and like other full-service hotels, does not offer complimentary breakfast. We do have an award-winning onsite restaurant where our guests can enjoy meals daily until 10:00 PM. We do assist our guests to the best of our ability and each situation is different. If you would like to discuss in further detail, please contact me at the hotel. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. I do hope that one day, you will consider coming back to the Holiday Inn Downtown. We would love to have you as our guest.

814-535-7777

Travelers are raving about these Johnstown hotels

Dunning
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Looks nice from the out side, lobby is clean and inviting. Room was So. So. Whole thing is too expensive for what you get. $135 per night? Come on. No free breakfast? WiFi slow. Carpet in room Lumpy.....yes that's right...LUMPY! Bed way too firm. Fan in Bathroom did not work. AC/Heat unit has face broken on it. I have stayed at Cheep motels that were better than this. Restaurant charges ten dollars per plate for a crappy breakfast buffet consisting of scrambled eggs, link sausage, pancakes, cereal, fruit, dried out potatoes, NO TOASTER or toast, dried out sweet rolls. half cup of coffee and OJ. yet you get the same at a La Quinta, Comfort Inns, and others and its free there. Over priced place. Not worth it to me to return.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MelissaBird_JSTMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Oldfoxbob,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Downtown during your recent trip to Johnstown. We enjoyed having you as our guest. We are a full-service hotel and like other full-service hotels, breakfast is not complimentary. However, we do have an onsite, award-winning restaurant; I read that you did visit. I am passing your comments along to our kitchen regarding the breakfast buffet – these are the first comments I have heard like this from the weekend and we will be looking into these. I would be interested in learning your room number so that our maintenance staff can attend to the issues you pointed out that you found within your room. I do hope you will come back and give us another chance to show you just how great we can be. Thank you again for taking time to share your feedback.

Enjoy a great day,
814-535-7777
Westerville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

There aren't too many hotel options when visiting Johnstown. We stayed at the Holiday Inn when we were in town recently for a wedding. This is an older downtown hotel that has been nicely renovated. It was clean, well-maintained and had plenty of on-site parking in either a surface lot or and adjacent garage. NOTE that there is a $5.00 a day charge for parking. The hotel was nothing fancy - just a good solid value for a good hotel room.

The lobby was modern, bright and pleasant. The staff at the front desk was very professional and personable and they were quite helpful with directions, etc. - even taking the time to print off MapQuest directions for me.

The rooms were clean and quiet although I should note that this a very pet friendly hotel and we saw several large dogs staying in the hotel. Not of the dogs caused any issues (no noise, etc) but if you have allergies - you might want to inquire about rooms on floors without pets.

Good choice for a nice, clean, reasonably priced hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MelissaBird_JSTMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Jim,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Downtown! We loved having you as our guest. Thank you also for taking time to share your thoughts about your stay. I’m happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was helpful. Hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again,
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Hotel was nice for this kind of town...there's not much there. Front desk was friendly.

We enjoyed the room and the pool.

Pool towels should be provided in the pool area though.

Some of the wait staff for the conference room were a little... off??

Stayed July 2014
MelissaBird_JSTMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Ryan A,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Downtown during your recent trip to Johnstown. We greatly appreciate your business, as well as the time it took for you to post this review. I do hope you were able to pick up a Visitor’s Guide to give you some great ideas on things to do in the area in your free time. Pool towels are provided at the front desk for our hotel guests; we like to ensure we are never low on clean towels, so this allows us to keep an eye on the inventory. Thank you again. Hope to see you soon!

Group Sales Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown? Share your experiences!