My husband and I were there during the Columbus Day weekend to go to area attractions like the Flight 93 Memorial, Johnstown Flood Museum, Frank & Sylvia Pasquerilla Heritage Discovery Center, Allegheny Portage Railroad, and the Horseshoe Curve. We chose the Holiday Inn because it seemed like to best place to stay, based on Tripadvisor reviews; we normally don't stay at Holiday Inns because of their less than stellar reviews. Contrary to recent reviews, the front desk staff was quick to check us in, and they were very friendly. Also, we discovered that our room was noisy due to being next to the elevator and it is above the front entrance of the hotel, where the hotel had music playing over a speaker system. The next day, before having breakfast, we asked the front desk if we can switch to a quieter room, and the staff said they can do that as soon as other rooms are vacated and cleaned, which may take a while because the hotel was fully booked but many guests were leaving that Sunday. After we had breakfast, as we passed by the front desk to head for the elevators, the clerk we spoke with barely an hour before flagged us down and said she had a room for us and we can move into it! Earlier, she had kindly said that it may take until early afternoon for a room to be ready. The new room was just what we needed for the remainder of the vacation.
Both of the rooms we stayed in were clean and the beds were comfortable. The furnishings were modern and the bathrooms had lots of countertop space. A refrigerator and a microwave were in each room, so if you didn't always want to eat at Harrigan's for breakfast, which we chose not to on our last morning there, we were able to eat in our room and quickly be transported to the Amtrak station by the hotel's shuttle van.
If we visit Johnstown again, we will stay in the Holiday Inn.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown Hotel
- Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown Hotel Johnstown
- Holiday Inn Johnstown
- Johnstown Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located off Route 56 in downtown, the recently renovated Holiday Inn Downtown Johnstown provides the surroundings and hospitality to make your stay a memorable one. Harrigan's Cafe & Wine Deck offers a casual atmosphere and delectable menu of classic American & Italian cuisines. Enjoy a favorite drink and snack in Harrigan's Lounge. 159 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites feature amenities including an in-room coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and full-size ironing board. The Holiday Inn offers an indoor pool, sauna, whirlpool and fitness room. Free indoor parking is available. The Johnstown Holiday Inn is conveniently located to: Frank J. Pasquerilla Conference Center, Cambria County War Memorial, Greater Johnstown Technology Park, Johnstown Flood Museum, Incline Plane and the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown. Close proximity to DRS Laurel Technologies, Lockheed Martin Corporation, and Memorial Medical Center. Our experienced staff will go the distance with a 3,519 square feet Crown Ballroom of function space for banquets, receptions and meetings for groups up to 350. Four distinctive meeting rooms, catering services, and A\V equipment are available. The Frank J. Pasquerilla Conference Center is conveniently located within walking distance from the hotel. The Conference Center has 31,895 square feet of available space, which can accommodate many large groups visiting the Johnstown area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.